Author Topic: STOLEN fish house.....help please?  (Read 8898 times)

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
STOLEN fish house.....help please?
« on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:38 PM »
my best friend just finished building a brand new, amazing fish house from an ice castle frame.  they put it out on the ice and just over a week after they put it out (with locks on it) it got stolen last night.

it was on medicine lake in hennipen co. MN.

here is a breif description.... further discription and many pictures are located at this craigslist link.

brand new 6.5'X14' plus vnose ice castle.  blue with diamond plate all the way around.  separate door for storage/bathroom in vnose.  double door on rear.  absolutly amazing interior basswood panneling with dark trim. 3 bunks. heater. power inverter.

please keep a look out for it or for someone trying to sell it.

the sherriff's office has been notified and are very interested any info they can get.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/spo/991839765.html

if this needs to be in the MN forum, feel free to move it mods.  i was hoping to have it here where it is more visible.

thanks guys.

fishwiz
eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline troutguy1377

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • soak your jig in cider
Re: STOLEN fish house.....help please?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Hey buddy I am sorry to hear that ,I just looked at the pictures and that thing is absolutely beautiful.
I really hope you guys get this thing back,and give the thief something to think about(like a concussion)

Offline Icebound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:04 PM »
That's a Bummer... :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: I hope you find it, and the jerk that stole it!!!

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Wow, definitely not your run of the mill shanty, I think I'd beat someone to a fraction of their life....this is one of the most brazen acts of thievery I have ever heard of.....what does the guy think hes gonna do with it ? Its too unique to not be noticed...I think you'll get it back...someone will notice it...sorry to hear this story
Duane

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:14 PM »
That just sucks out loud . Hope ya get the a hole that  took it . If it was me and I found who took, lets just say it would   be hard for them to take anything else with 2 arms in a cast. ;)
hook and cook

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:05 PM »
The Shanty community will not let them get away with this. Makes me wonder what clicks in someones mind to take something that isn't theirs. Theives really should be punished the way they used to be, hard labor. to learn the importance of working for what you want in this world. NOT TAKING IT!!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:12 PM »
hope ya find your shack man.whats wrong with the world today?

Offline venom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On Ah Fish "N" Mission
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:18 PM »
 Man crazy stuff everywhere makes a guy want to pull the pin and duck down just some low down people that dont know how to earn things the right way good luck on your shack!

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Not much I can do from here in Nebraska. I will however bring a rope for the hanging when you find the thieves. :%$#!:

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2009, 11:39 PM »
thanks for all the support guys.  i actually have received alot of emails thorugh craigslist saying similar things such as " i cant really help you out, but i understand truely and i hate this sort of thing.  i will keep my eyes out. good luck"

even though it doesnt really go anywhere, it does offer reassurance that almost everyone out on the ice is a good person (with a few obvious exceptions).

the only favor i ask, is that you post up the link on any other forums that have members in minnesota, iowa, wisconsin, north dakota, south dakota, or any others really.

thanks all.  and keep you fingers crossed.

steve

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:49 AM »
that is just low hope you find them fingers in the tail gate is the thougt that comes to mind

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing is not only a sport, but a Dedication
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:04 AM »
I hope you get that sweet house back, I don't understand how something that big just disappears. It'll turn up.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:17 AM »
That's a bad deal,I hoped it works out,and he gets it back,he did a great job on the shanty.I just can't get over what some people do these days,hope they get the bad guys but doubt if they do much to them.I had a dodge maxi van stolen and burnt to a crisp with over $ 2000.00 worth of goose hunting decoy's, lay out blinds, and all the goodies.Did get insurance money for van but not enough,home owner gave me $ 2000.00 to buy back stuff,but the 20 something punk,didn't do one days time,go figure,great law system. They put him in a rehab program.( next time I hope I'm awake)Good luck.

Offline XII Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never fear the night, "The Star" shines bright
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:39 AM »
Good luck my friend.............i hope those that did it get caught and pay in court
XII Outdoors............Ti mes-Two Outdoors

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:50 AM »
thanks for all the support guys.  i actually have received alot of emails thorugh craigslist saying similar things such as " i cant really help you out, but i understand truely and i hate this sort of thing.  i will keep my eyes out. good luck"

even though it doesnt really go anywhere, it does offer reassurance that almost everyone out on the ice is a good person (with a few obvious exceptions).

the only favor i ask, is that you post up the link on any other forums that have members in minnesota, iowa, wisconsin, north dakota, south dakota, or any others really.

thanks all.  and keep you fingers crossed.

steve
I just posted the add on another site that covers all those states!!!! So there should be a lot of eyes out there looking!!

Ed

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:52 AM »
Not much I can do from here in Nebraska. I will however bring a rope for the hanging when you find the thieves. :%$#!:
There's alot us people can do from out of state, This guy can't use or sell this house in his home state cause he's busted for sure. He's going to go out of state to dump this house, can't imagine he'd use it as it is to unique. My guess is he'll go out of state and sell it to some unsuspecting sap. If we get the word around to surrounding states boards, it's going to turn up somewhere.
Lowest form of human being, a theif!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline SUBCATCHER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh i sink so!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:58 AM »
Very Sorry.  Ive never seen a shack so nice(I wouldnt even call it a shack )  Its very noticable. Maybe youll get it back. Wish you the best. May the people who stole it never catch a fish for the rest of thier lives :tipup:
If what comes around goes around is true.... Im coming back as a large shiner

Offline timschrots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:05 AM »
I really really hope that something turns up.  Rage would probably be my first and final reaction. 

That is an awesome fishing shack.

D@mn...

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:11 AM »
if i see anything along the lines of that house around the area here I will let you know..............a few years back someone stole a fish house from Battle Lake and the people that stole it actually lit the thing on fire and drove past my house with it lit up...............the hitch finally came off the truck and the fish house was lying in the ditch on fire and burned to nothing............... ......I wonder if they ever found the guys that did it..?????????????           like I said I will keep my eyes open that is one of a kind house

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:52 AM »
I hope you find them and stuff them down a 12 inch hole! Not a big chance it will be in my area but I'll still keep an eye out, especially on craigslist.

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Wow that is whack.... what an amazing house.

You'll get it back... especially with the help of fellow shanty members.  You should recruit a bunch of people within 60 miles of you to make craigslist posts, I'd imagine the person is not going to keep it but probaly try to sell it.

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:46 PM »
The WCCO news team jsut finished interveiwing my buddy and his dad out on the lake at the scene where it was stolen.  they are going to air the story tonight on the 5:00 news.

might want to watch if you can.  its nice to see so many people taking this seriously, including the news.

fishwiz

Offline hoythunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:54 PM »
that thing is sweet!! is all the art work wood burning if so they are one hell of an artist ill keep an eye open up here

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2009, 03:18 PM »
yes, all of that art is wood burning.  they spent countless hours on those images. this is what makes this loss so terrible for them.  its not the money (thats what insurance is for) its the time and heart that was stolen.

fingers still crossed

fishwiz

Offline feasanthunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:04 PM »
I posted on another site for you , good luck.
are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle "Dixie"?

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:47 PM »
as i said above, it will be on the news, but they already have a short video with the breif stroy on the front page now.  follow this link, then you will see a video box one the right side of the screen.

http://wcco.com/

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:11 PM »
 That totally s*cks. Looked at the pic, a very nice fish house. Hope it gets found in good condition.

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:14 PM »
They can't sell it and get away with it we have EVERY STATE COVERED !!!!

Offline fwalch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • flags forever
« Reply #28 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Just another SOB that thinks everything around is his. He WILL get his day !!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Hopefully you get it back ok, Its amazing what people will take. But who ever stole it will get theirs.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.