Author Topic: what do your wives/gf's say about being addicted to ice shanty!!!  (Read 9689 times)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My gf loves icefishing...i took her out for the first time last year and she is hooked and has been kicking my ass ever since both on the ice and in a boat...was talkin the other day about how she wants to join in on some tournies this year ;D
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
..."at least it isn't ebay or any other web site where you are buying stuff you already have 10 of"....

other than that - no problem

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
im not sure...i cant hear her ...because she is at the bingo hall   :laugh:   i have one of the most understanding wives ever...i can fish 3 nights a week and then both days on the weekend...come to think of it i think shes most happy when im leaving  ::)  at least if im on here she gets to control the remote control   :-*

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Simple; my wife comes with me very willingly.  I drill holes, she sounds them and baits the trap; great system and she  outfishes me which is a good thing ;) ;)

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My wife usually says, "Mainedog, when are you coming to bed?"

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nothing ;D

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
I watch it at work, don't have internet at home.  I work at the court and when she finds out I'm doing it during trials, she rolls her eyes ::) ::) ::)
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
I work at the court and when she finds out I'm doing it during trials

That is awesome!!!!   I just look at it during meetings, but court.   That is cool... :laugh:

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
Work seems to be the trend - I know I spend a large majority of my day checking posts - seems to slow down when I'm at home :):).

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
last night wifezilla had issues with me on here..she said..and i quote. "either you talk to me or i'll unplug that sucker"...after a 5 minute wrestling match ,i gave her $$$$$$$ to go to w/mart..thus ended the problem...... ;)..hope you younger guys are taking notes... :laugh:

Offline jr_the_dj

• Team IceShanty Regular
...after a 5 minute wrestling match ,i gave her $$$$$$$ to go to w/mart..thus ended the problem...... ;)

Note to self: Always have money to shut them up.....

Thanks holedawg!  :clap: :clap:

Jiffy Ice Drills Pro-Staff
Aqua Vu Pro-Staff
HT Enterprises Pro-Staff
PK Lures Pro-Staff

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Note to self: Always have money to shut them up.....

Thanks holedawg!  :clap: :clap:

geeze i forgot ....its only a temporary fix...have to talk to someone older & wiser than me for permanent solution.... :blink: :blink: :whistle: :whistle: :wacko:

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
Maybe just wrestle with her  ::)  or something like wrestling  ;D    and when she falls asleep, just roll out of bed and get online....

Of course, I always seem to be the one falling asleep...... :laugh:

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
I watch it at work, don't have internet at home.  I work at the court and when she finds out I'm doing it during trials, she rolls her eyes ::) ::) ::)
I hope your  the Judge!!!!!!
roflmao

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No problem here.   She knows Im a hunting and fishing fanatic.   The Shanty is only part of the problem.  Im regular on several hunting and fishing sites....   

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hope your  the Judge!!!!!!
roflmao

Nope,  I'm the Bailiff.  He gets mad because he can't get on his because the witness stand is right next to him and they can see the computor. :) ;D ;D ;D
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
Luckily, she enjoys fishing and the outdoors as much as I do  :) She knows.....fishing, hunting and the outdoors were here before her and they will be after her  :) I am just glad that she likes to go and enjoys fishing. Shoot, she's looking to get a custom made rod with a pink blank from mudhole  :o
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
hates it ??? ??? my gf is always wondering what im doin and i just say ice shanty.  ;D ;D ;D nothin better than  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline 1KING SALMON

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just recently got married and upon our flight back from out honeymoon(Tahiti), the plain was flying just above the clouds.  I looked out our window seat and yelled "Tip up" to her.  The man next to her laughed and she said "Already, how long before you long into Ice Shanty for the season"?  If she only new I have been before we left.  (The clouds below the plane looked just like a lake covered with snow.)  Tight lines...
She said if I went fishing she'd be gone, "I'm gonna miss her"...

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
All women are psycho, in my opinion. I am divorced for 3 years, and the ex did not even believe that ice fishing existed, because she never heard of it. Then, a cool girlfriend came into mylife that went ice fishing with me last winter, she said she enjoyed it, and maybe she really did, but a month ago she dumped me so I will probably, and fortunately be ice fishing alone this winter. That is the only way a guy is going to catch anything descent -  when a woman is not around.

So, my true love is ice fishing and IceShanty.com. Women may come and go, but there is only one IceShanty.com. I will never conform to the world that women have created, or think they have created. I really don't care anymore what they think of me or my hobbies. Since I am easy on their eyes, and have a good job, I decide when and who I date. I may stay away from women this entire ice season, so that they don't have a chance to ruin it for me. Then in the Spring I will go on the prowl again. Gotta stand tall this year for the sport of ice fishing.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
im not sure...i cant hear her ...because she is at the bingo hall   :laugh:   i have one of the most understanding wives ever...i can fish 3 nights a week and then both days on the weekend...come to think of it i think shes most happy when im leaving  ::)  at least if im on here she gets to control the remote control   :-*
Hmmmm Something wrong with this picture. I'd say she has a sugar daddy that does not ice fish. ;D ;D :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :whistle: :woot:J/k
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
My wife usually says, "Mainedog, when are you coming to bed?"
Now you got it made dog! :thumbsup: :bow:
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
As long as I help my daughter with her homework she doesnt have a problem with it. What she doesnt realize is that Im  on Iceshanty all day at work!!

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
The gf has a place of her own, so she doesn't care, nor know, how much I'm on Ice Shanty. But, once fishable ice hits, all I hear from her is "Let's go, Let's go, LET'S GO" :woot: :woot: :woot:. I think she loves to icefish more than me.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
It sucks and it takes to much of her time with me. Straight from her mouth.   
(I love it)(((((FLAG))))) :tipup:
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.