Author Topic: Best Chair for ice fishing  (Read 20467 times)

Offline Sufishticated

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best Chair for ice fishing
« Reply #90 on: Dec 03, 2020, 04:35 PM »
My first post. Hello everybody, long time reader, finally may have something useful to add. Not sure how appropriate this is, but I feel that for long time to be comfortable you need good back support, room to adjust seating position and recliner option. I also have back problems and found out that carping chairs are the best (for long time sitting), but pricy and heavy, so carrying it around is not an option, but will work great in shanty. This is the one i'm going with, but its not available in US. This what I want to get if I can get it may have to pay more for shipping than the chair ???
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucx-Angelstuhl-Karpfenstuhl-Anglerstuhl-Carp-Chair-XXL-Stuhl-El-Presidente/154120694218

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Dec 03, 2020, 05:43 PM »
My first post. Hello everybody, long time reader, finally may have something useful to add. Not sure how appropriate this is, but I feel that for long time to be comfortable you need good back support, room to adjust seating position and recliner option. I also have back problems and found out that carping chairs are the best (for long time sitting), but pricy and heavy, so carrying it around is not an option, but will work great in shanty. This is the one i'm going with, but its not available in US. This what I want to get if I can get it may have to pay more for shipping than the chair ???
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucx-Angelstuhl-Karpfenstuhl-Anglerstuhl-Carp-Chair-XXL-Stuhl-El-Presidente/154120694218

Very n9ice chair. But dang thats expensive !!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Dec 03, 2020, 05:48 PM »
SmithWorks Outdoorswww.smithworks outdoors.com
 Check out these chairs. Again very expensive . But this  1 folds up & lays flat in a carrying bag

Offline Sufishticated

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:04 PM »
SmithWorks Outdoorswww.smithworks outdoors.com
 Check out these chairs. Again very expensive . But this  1 folds up & lays flat in a carrying bag
I like the swivel action, good option, if you got $$$

sunniewally

« Reply #95 on: Dec 03, 2020, 09:26 PM »
Everlasting Comfort Seat Cushion for Office Chair - Tailbone Cushion - Coccyx Cushion - Sciatica Pillow for Sitting (Black)   at amazon  with a good folding chair works the best for me. I old and decrepit!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #96 on: Dec 04, 2020, 07:30 AM »
Thing is with a super comfortable chair i find myself lounging back and it’s impossible to jig and watch vexilar and stay in serious fishing mode as i tend to lean forward in sny chair while fishing .i stand by the harbor freight directors chair is a great chair.nice seat but not a lounge chair and not hard to get out of if a flag goes up either.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #97 on: Dec 04, 2020, 08:02 AM »
Really? Whose payin' nearly $200 $400 for an ice fishing chair?

EDIT: $182.28 (chair) + $194.44 (shipping from Germany) = $376.72  ::)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #98 on: Dec 04, 2020, 08:30 AM »
I say and  stick to the folding lounge chair/cot.  If I get lazy, it's a cot.  If I go to sleep it's a done deal.  If I really need a seat, it can be adjusted as a chair.  The only bad thing about the cot set up is I probably need to use a 4' rod for the other hole further away.  But nothing beats the lazy way to fish, just laying down with rod in hand and snoozing. 

For general purpose that Eskimo Quad chair is pretty comfy.  Only that it probably needs a high back for a head rest. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Dec 04, 2020, 08:46 AM »
Bass boat chair and mount.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:13 AM »
We just use the harbor freight ones. Light and had side table and cheap.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #101 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:23 AM »
My favorite chair...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDG78CH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_nD5YFbGMJDJYQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Actually I have a folding 3-legged one...if and when I do sit. Which isn't often.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #102 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:32 AM »
How about the icefishing hammock? Just bring two ice augers, drill em halfway down, tie the ends of the hammock to em, and boom! I could actually see this being a very serviceable idea for those who spear pike, rather than laying down on the snow/ice...All aside, I just use a cheap & light/portable folding coleman camping chair, but I am heavy so I sink into it pretty good and sometimes take a second to get out of it.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:39 AM »
My favorite chair...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDG78CH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_nD5YFbGMJDJYQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Actually I have a folding 3-legged one...if and when I do sit. Which isn't often.

Iceassin do you put one on each cheek? Check link.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #104 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:50 AM »
Iceassin do you put one on each cheek? Check link.

They're knee pads. I'm a kneeler... not a sitter. ;)

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:11 AM »
I don't mind this one. I don't like anything with arms when I'm in my ice suit. I like to have plenty of elbow room, but I need a back rest. I have had (3) spine surgeries and the last one was a fusion where they put in (2) rods, a plate, and (6) screws holding (2) of my vertebrae together. So obviously I need some decent support and this one works for what I need.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Clam-Folding-Cooler-Chair-8823/205577851?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA-71700000014585962-58700001236285396-92700010802552436&gclid=CjwKCAiA_Kz-BRAJEiwAhJNY7wxzT9k8Kzj-hHEtpd2fOnGHNgznF6TIrSnh0f3eRfpxST6FIh8HvRoCR3wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Offline Iceman 32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Dec 05, 2020, 07:45 PM »
I used the director's chair for the past 3 seasons that I bought from Walmart. They are aluminum with a side table and a little pocket. I'm a big man and they fit me just right with bibs and a coat. They fold down flat ant fit perfectly in the bottom of my sled. Fiance recently joined me as well as my little one on the ice and had to get them 1.as well. Made the day of tipup fishing enjoyable for everyone.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #107 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:10 AM »
Harbor freight chair 25% off coupon and hyper link.

https://www.harborfreight.com/foldable-aluminum-sports-chair-blue-56719.html

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #108 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Harbor freight chair 25% off coupon and hyper link.

https://www.harborfreight.com/foldable-aluminum-sports-chair-blue-56719.html

You got me thinking on this one 3300. I do spend most of my time on the knees when hole hopping.  Or if I'm on a hot hole, I'll break out my 3-legged. But for those times/days  inside the hub...this would be the ticket.  Harbor Freight tomorrow.   ;)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #109 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Deal ends today. Maybe have it shipped for around 7$ today

You and I have the same fishing methods. The chair is for hub fishing or guests. I have three of them now.

Just checked, in store only. Might want to call a head for availability. There were only two when I wanted another one. Was $19.99 and on end near back wall by trailer accessories.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #111 on: Dec 06, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Deal ends today. Maybe have it shipped for around 7$ today

You and I have the same fishing methods. The chair is for hub fishing or guests. I have three of them now.

Just checked, in store only. Might want to call a head for availability. There were only two when I wanted another one. Was $19.99 and on end near back wall by trailer accessories.

Just checked. Wyoming  and GR has them in stock. Not sure how many but have to head that way tomorrow anyway.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #112 on: Dec 07, 2020, 01:15 AM »
Lazy boy Recliner.....that's what I use in my shack ;)
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline True North

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:41 AM »
I’m 250 on the hoof, crushed my share of cheap stadium chairs. Son gifted me an Eskimo folding chair and it’s almost as good as a recliner. You can lean on the arms pretty hard getting up out of it with worries of it collapsing. It is a bit on the heavy side but sturdy be like that. Highly recommend and I use it for a camp chair on fishing trips in the summer as well as hard water.
Enjoy your life while you’re here, because you’re dead a powerful long time (Twain)

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Dec 12, 2020, 11:12 AM »

That sounds like the kind known in the trade a "Nut Busters"
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #115 on: Dec 12, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Lol yeah ive always said those 3 legged chairs bust my balls.cant do it...i just replaced my old harbor freight directors chair with a new one.the new one is only rated to 250lb and my old one from harbor freight was rated to 400lb with square aluminum frame.the new one is round stock and missing the cupholder .called a sports chair now,still a good chair tho.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #116 on: Dec 12, 2020, 11:33 AM »
What I use.....lawn chair from Home Depot, with rod holder zip tied on one side, and drink holder on the other.

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Torchia15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Dec 12, 2020, 11:36 AM »
I’ve made a couch out of snow before, had to be the best “chair” I’ve used!!

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #118 on: Dec 13, 2020, 12:52 PM »
I picked up the Harbor Freight directors chair last year and have not regretted the purchase.  They are extremely light for their strength. This chair easily holds my 260 lbs.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #119 on: Dec 13, 2020, 12:56 PM »
I picked up the Harbor Freight directors chair last year and have not regretted the purchase.  They are extremely light for their strength. This chair easily holds my 260 lbs.

Just picked one up last week for $23 out the door. Pretty impressed so far.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.