Author Topic: CJ&S Heavy metal box set  (Read 692 times)

Offline Bearseatfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
CJ&S Heavy metal box set
« on: Oct 13, 2017, 11:46 AM »
I have no experience with this company and jig ice fishing really. I wanted to try it out this year. In your opinion is this a good starter set?

Experience is the best teacher what are your thoughts?

:icefish:
In winter we become gods and walk on water....

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: CJ&S Heavy metal box set
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2017, 12:43 PM »
I have no experience with this company and jig ice fishing really. I wanted to try it out this year. In your opinion is this a good starter set?

Experience is the best teacher what are your thoughts?

:icefish:
I'd stay away from kits, they tend to have stuff you won't need and not enough of what you do need.

If you're looking to get into ice fishing, targeting say perch, crappie, bluegill, and walleye, here's what I'd do...

Wait until FishUSA has a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all fishing lures (they do this frequently), and stock up on 4mm Fiskas jigs in various colors (light, dark, and gold). The problem with kits is that they give you a mix of 3, 4, and 5mm jigs but you really don't need the 3s and 5s.

While you're on the same order get a few 1/8 oz Northland Buckshot spoons, and a few jigging raps (size 2 for perch/crappie, and 3 or 5 for walleye. Also, once your order is over $50 you get free shipping on top of the free lures. There are plenty of other bait options out there, but what I have listed above in assorted colors/sizes will catch you the vast majority of north American fish on ice unless you're dealing with strictly lakers, northern, etc.

Once you have that small assortment you can figure out what works for you and your area, and then diversify and expand your tackle supply from there. It will be much better bang for your buck.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2017, 12:55 PM »
check the for sale area I just put in a great buy and I can add to it if you need the gill pills,demons etc

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2017, 03:40 PM »
great company and products. dont forget the slender spoons.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2017, 10:30 AM »
great company and products. dont forget the slender spoons.

I didn't forget the slender spoons (16) or the PK's (10) and vmc Rattlinspoons,and Tingler Spoons

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2017, 01:05 PM »
Looks like a good set. I would look for deals Though. Bought these for about .20 each. Any time I see tungsten jigs for under a buck, they are mine.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2017, 02:45 PM »
how is the arctic siren doing you prospector

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2017, 06:19 PM »
how is the arctic siren doing you prospector
Still hanging in there! Thinking about putting them on my Beaver Dams. Still can't understand why they quit making them. I also use Blu Tipz that are great in the wheelhouse. Highly recommend and the owner is a great guy as well.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Thanks for the update and good buy on your tungsten

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.