Author Topic: Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket  (Read 1568 times)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket
« on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:20 AM »

Thinking about getting one of these, but thought I'd ask for opinions first. Anybody have one, what are your likes/dislikes? Thought it would be a good option for under a gore-tex shell or my Climate parka.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re: Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:40 AM »
They make a heated vest, a hoodie, a jacket, and hand warmer.  Been thinking about a vest for under another coat.  But the coat is supposed to have a longer run time.

<{{{{{ °>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2017, 11:59 AM »
I have the camo version. I like the jacket but with my insulated flip over I never use the heat for ice fishing. If im not sitting in my shelter im on the move a lot so I dont use the jackets heat function as well. I have used the heat function for other things when I first got the jacket, when the novelty wore off I just dont use the heat function. I guess its an individual thing at times my feet get cold or hands get cold but my core/ torso always stays warm. I do love the jacket, fits great and in my opinion looks great. If you where to use the heater it does work very well the times that I did use it.

Offline Iceman05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2017, 12:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Thinking about getting one of these, but thought I'd ask for opinions first. Anybody have one, what are your likes/dislikes? Thought it would be a good option for under a gore-tex shell or my Climate parka.

Yes use it a base layer. I really really like mine.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Use mine all the time.  Have had it for about 6 years now.  I have used it as a main coat and a base layer.  Used it up at LOTW on med while running out to the houses.  By the time we reached the houses, you would shut the coat down, or put on low.  I have used in my flip over, and really just have it on when I am heading out to the spot, and by the time that I have my house setup and start fishing, the coat comes off.  My battery also has the USB port on it, so can charge my phone if needed.  I use this as one of my basic coats during fall/winter.  Love the coat.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Thunder Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Mines only 2 years old,had it out a few weeks ago,I now remember why its not a favorite,6 hrs on med heat,I think a spare battery would help

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:53 PM »
I have one and like mine...  Very warm, i use with a small m18 battery!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2017, 10:39 PM »
Is everyone using the included m12 battery or has anyone put a higher capacity m12 to get a longer run time?
Don

Offline Iceballs204

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Don't get the jacket get the sweater. If you wear layers, it'll be harder for your body to feel the heat. I have two of the heated jackets, 3 heated sweaters and the hand warmer. Another thing to look for is there is a version of a heated jacket/sweater ( sorry can't remember) with heated pockets.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2017, 11:42 PM »
Is everyone using the included m12 battery or has anyone put a higher capacity m12 to get a longer run time?
The run time on the 12 V battery is a joke even with the bigger amp hour ones. I run the 18 V batteries in my jacket. They last all day. To be honest though I don’t use the jacket much anymore and prefer to use my Milwaukee hand warmers instead. I even throw them in the bottom of my sleeping bag on cold nights.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:57 PM »
I use M18 battery's for my jacket. Just need a converter to make the M18 packs work with the jacket.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.