Author Topic: Wheelhouse Bathroom  (Read 1549 times)

Offline waldo9190

• IceShanty Rookie
Wheelhouse Bathroom
« on: Oct 10, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Hi all,

First off, if this is in the wrong forum please move accordingly. 

This past spring my wife and I purchased our first wheelhouse, a 8x16" 2014 model Grey Wolf.  I have fished in them a fair amount, but this will be my first winter owning one!  Over the course of this summer's camping season, I've had plenty of opportunities to get some of the basic things sorted out and organized how we'll want them for fishing this season, but being that ours doesn't have a true bathroom in the front I'm not sure what to do about this winter.  When it is just the wife and I for a weekend I have no problem doing the 5-gallon bucket in the front with a garbage bag and kitty litter, but I imagine that this can get pretty smelly when you're on a four day weekend with the guys.  I've been looking at possibly purchasing a pop-up (I've already got a Frabill Citadell, but the pop-up would take up way less space) to use as a bathroom for the long weekends.  Thoughts?  Is the exterior biffy a pain?  Is the smell from the bucket not too bad? 

Thanks!   

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wheelhouse Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2017, 11:21 AM »
what we done in the past is used glad scented bags in a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet lid. Having a number two we just tie the bag off and put it out side to freeze to be disposes of later. number one is done out side in a buck full of snow so there no yellow marks all around your area.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2017, 12:13 PM »
You can get bags from Walmart or Amazon for portable toilets.   They are called toilet I'm a bag. 

Wife and I have used them before.  And they work well, but you won't get 4 days out of a bag.     A few uses and it's full.   
Don

Offline tapone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2017, 12:56 PM »
I have used these bags and they work pretty well.
Just Google Reliance-Double-Doodie-Toilet-Waste-Bag-with-Bio-Gel
Born to fish, fish to live..... gotta drink something so it might as well be a cold beer!

Offline cardinalsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Does anyone make a wheelhouse that actually has heated tanks or something like that so the plumbing is able to be used in the winter?

Offline airflite1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2017, 03:47 PM »
I  went thru this dilemma, I want my wife, daughters in law, and Granddaughter to be comfortable. the wheel house I bought does have a closet designed for a bathroom, even though it's spendy I decided to order the Laveo dry flush toilet. All the research I've done on it claims it functions as designed.

Offline walleyerick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2017, 07:29 PM »
My Team Lodge wheelhouse has a chemical toilet, just use RV anti-freeze to flush.. 3 gallon holding tank, works perfect. Sit down, relax and do your business, then back to fishin
"Sappers lead the way "

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2017, 09:04 PM »
what we done in the past is used glad scented bags in a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet lid. Having a number two we just tie the bag off and put it out side to freeze to be disposes of later. number one is done out side in a buck full of snow so there no yellow marks all around your area.

X2....girls pee in bucket inside then dump outside. Freezing temps outside keep the smell from occuring.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2017, 03:37 AM »
My Team Lodge wheelhouse has a chemical toilet, just use RV anti-freeze to flush.. 3 gallon holding tank, works perfect. Sit down, relax and do your business, then back to fishin

You do have a hole to jig in while just sitting right?

WS

Offline walleyerick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:18 PM »
You do have a hole to jig in while just sitting right?

WS
As long as the quests don't mind, need to use a longer rod ;)
"Sappers lead the way "

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:49 PM »
As long as the quests don't mind, need to use a longer rod ;)
Does that mean the short Rod is in the bucket? :roflmao:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2017, 07:52 AM »
Does that mean the short Rod is in the bucket? :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: but back to the original question I can second that the double dootie bags work well. Used them camping when the wife used to like to go. But you will only get a couple uses and its done for each bag
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2017, 09:41 AM »
x3 on the Double Doodie bags.  We used them on our overnight last year (see https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=325954.msg3587572#msg3587572).

The Luggable Loo works, but it or any 5gal bucket is a small diameter--not convenient but functional.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.