Author Topic: K drill  (Read 5746 times)

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
K drill
« on: Oct 03, 2017, 08:32 PM »
I want to pull the trigger on this one, who knows where to get the best price for the 8" bit

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: K drill
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:05 PM »
I bought a 6" and loved it last year.  Plan on adding an 8" this year myself.  Haven't been able to find any deals yet, but, I think that's just because it's so early.  Not many people besides us lunatics are thinking about ice yet.    :icefish:

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:08 PM »
What drill did you get?

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:11 PM »
Um...I thought we were talking about k-drills here.   :roflmao:

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2017, 10:05 PM »
That's the bit, what cordless drill do you use

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2017, 10:18 PM »
Ah my bad comprehending your question.  Been a long day. 

I first tried the top of the line Rigid...it was pretty good.  After a few days though, I just didn't feel it was living up to the hype and expectations of what everyone said they were getting with the Milwaukee Fuels and the K-Drill. 
Fortunately, the Milwaukee went on sale within my return period of the Rigid, so I went Milwaukee for a nominal (~$20) price difference.

DON'T REGRET IT ONE BIT!  The Fuel drill was awesome last season.  I know they're spendy, but if you can wait to find a deal, I'm pretty sure you'll love it. 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2017, 11:00 PM »
Cheapest I've seen the 8in is $250 at cabelas. Pair that with a discounted gift card from raise.com and you should do fairly well. You can get a $200 gift card for $177. Puts the auger at $227 before tax plus Free shipping at cabelas right now for anything over $49
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2017, 11:31 PM »
Could do that, or get a couple two three of the $100 gift cards on eBay. $100 gift card for $82!

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:57 AM »
Could do that, or get a couple two three of the $100 gift cards on eBay. $100 gift card for $82!

Thanks for the tip.   Bought 2, not sure for what...but always need something.   Could have used a bunch of these when i bought my Minn Kota Terrova last Spring $2000!!!   
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:08 AM »
I got my K-Drill (6 in) last year along with a Dewalt 20v Maxx brushless drill. I liked it so much I gave my SM 224 to my best friend for Christmas. That doesn't answer your question about sales going on, but I just wanted you to know that it will simplify your life in a great way.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Either raise or ebay, definately worth the time to get them for purchases. They both offer giftcards for lots of places. I always check there before making purchases.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:21 AM »
I've always been nervous to buy someones giftcards from places like ebay.  Just seems like an easy scam. 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:53 AM »
I feel the same, pretty much why I have used raise
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2017, 10:08 AM »
The ebay seller I bought from has sold 500 of these in the last 24 hours.  They have received 5000 reviews in last month and only 5 negatives,  the negatives are usually postage related.

Secondly, paypal makes it almost impossible to get hurt as a buyer.  they screw sellers over to make buyers happy. 

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2017, 11:15 AM »
If I was to do it all over again I would buy the two pack of batteries that home Depot has with charger.  9ah.  The bare Milwaukee fuel drill. And the Kdrill separately.   

No need for the clam plate with the Kdrill.  Unless you are using a less powerful drill and need to add the gear box for mechanical advantage.
Don

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2017, 03:57 PM »
You don't have to buy the gearbox, just get the plate! Some people like the control they get with the plate, or have physical reasons for  getting one!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:47 PM »
I bought my 8" kdrill last year at my local farm store for $239 it helps if you don't have to pay shipping.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2017, 07:52 AM »
You don't have to buy the gearbox, just get the plate! Some people like the control they get with the plate, or have physical reasons for  getting one!!

My Dewalt came with a handle that mounts to the side, so I can use it with 2 hands like the plate.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2017, 03:51 PM »
The side handle on the M-18 Milwaukee is the same absolutely no reason to buy the plate.

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:32 AM »
To each his own, I have a fuel with the side handle but the plate is so much easier to use.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Oct 06, 2017, 07:59 AM »
I have been looking as well.  It's already been said the cheapest anyone can find the 8" is Cabelas for $250.  I see I missed a chance to save another $30 on a purchase that was between 200 -$299.   It expired on Oct 1.  I'll keep looking for those Cabelas postcards they send out usually offering something similar or even 10% off any purchase.  Couple that with free shipping offer, no sales tax in Iowa and some of the $82 gift cards and it is not a bad deal.

There is a Columbus day sale going on now, Save $20 on a $100+ purchase.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:09 AM »

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:13 AM »
Hometown Ace Hardware in Hastings, MN has them on sale for $219.99 for the 8" and $199.99 for the 6".  They said that they will ship for $15. May depend on where is heading to, but that's a pretty good price.

(651) 346-1664
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:33 AM »
That's only 30 min from me...why did I have to see this post today!  I just picked up a used Recon 5+ last night.  Wife would kill me if she found out I'm also out buying more augers. 

Just did the math...shipping would be cheaper than sales tax...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m. :whistle:

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2017, 10:55 AM »
That's only 30 min from me...why did I have to see this post today!  I just picked up a used Recon 5+ last night.  Wife would kill me if she found out I'm also out buying more augers. 

Just did the math...shipping would be cheaper than sales tax...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m. :whistle:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CO1sQPs3U8k  ;D

lols. DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2017, 11:11 AM »
And I'd be relocating.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #26 on: Oct 06, 2017, 03:30 PM »
The side handle on the M-18 Milwaukee is the same absolutely no reason to buy the plate.

I was hesitant about this last year when I bought my set-up and damn near waited to use it until I got my paws on a Clam Plate, but 100% agree. Nothing wrong with the MKE  nut-buster handle on their drills. I had zero issues.

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 06, 2017, 03:40 PM »
And I'd be relocating.

"Why I'm Not Married"

by KinnickResident

;)

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Oct 07, 2017, 11:39 PM »
A little off topic but did the k drill go through any changes or did the price just go up with demand? I got my 6” for 179 or 189. Can’t remember.

Acmetools has % off sales every once in a while. Keep an eye on amazon. I got mine price matched from glensoutdoors when I got it. Just google every so often and check the prices.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #29 on: Oct 08, 2017, 12:10 AM »
A little off topic but did the k drill go through any changes or did the price just go up with demand? I got my 6” for 179 or 189. Can’t remember.

Acmetools has % off sales every once in a while. Keep an eye on amazon. I got mine price matched from glensoutdoors when I got it. Just google every so often and check the prices.

6in could be found for that but the 8in never gets lower then $225

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.