New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031902 times)

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #9030 on: Jan 27, 2024, 08:00 PM »
BTW kc the perch flies you tied for the local crew were on fire!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9031 on: Jan 28, 2024, 05:29 AM »
i know  i  caught 28 inch eyes that  were   9 pounds  plus  so  yeah  pre  spawn female  she  looks  like a  pig thats a  good one  kc .....looks  like a  ontario walleye  :thumbsup:

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9032 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:44 AM »
KC that’s a nice walleye, congrats.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #9033 on: Jan 28, 2024, 08:17 AM »
BTW kc the perch flies you tied for the local crew were on fire!

I haven't tied them since I gave you that bunch. Let me know if you need more.
I sent you a PM

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9034 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:52 AM »
KC did that fish have eggs?
Caught a pretty big one few days ago on another body of water and no milt or eggs. Was surprised.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #9035 on: Jan 28, 2024, 05:26 PM »
Yes, she was full of eggs

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9036 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:00 PM »
Years ago I caught I small Muskie on an egg sac in the Trestle Pool, not surprised by the walleye but that’s a fun catch.
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9037 on: Jan 29, 2024, 11:14 AM »

Just talked to a river guide , he told me he had caught a couple eyes over the years in the top portion of the river

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9038 on: Jan 29, 2024, 04:50 PM »
Just talked to a river guide , he told me he had caught a couple eyes over the years in the top portion of the river
I have buddy’s that use to catch them in fish creek in some of the deeper holes as far up as Blossvale in middle of summer every now and again. I use to hammer them pritty good in the Mohawk River between delta dam and the canal too. Guess that makes sense though once there in there they can really only go down into the canal if they dump over the falls there in town. That was over 15 years ago though. Dont have the time to chase them all summer like I use too..

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9039 on: Jan 30, 2024, 10:39 AM »
Walleye stage in every river mouth to spawn in the area chaumont isn’t the only system where they will set up they might not go up the river that far to spawn but will sniff out running water

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9040 on: Jan 30, 2024, 03:47 PM »
I took a tour around the lake today. I saw areas of open water and ice that looks like it won’t recover anytime soon. The extended forecast doesn’t look like ol man winter wants to play anytime soon. The spud went through the ice, in the areas I accessed, with very little effort. wish I had better news for you all. I did witness people on the ice… in one area on the lake only. But, I’m not going to give that info up at this time due to conditions. There is ice elsewhere in the state, but, I’m not chasing it.  Open water is calling my name for the time being. Stay on top!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9041 on: Jan 30, 2024, 07:24 PM »
thanks for the observations KP

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9042 on: Jan 31, 2024, 06:04 AM »
👍🏻

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #9043 on: Jan 31, 2024, 08:56 AM »

X2

SeanP

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9044 on: Feb 01, 2024, 07:05 AM »
Kind of sad that oneida is like this in January.  I spent some quality time yesterday putting new line on my perch rods.  Looks like I’ll be out sooner than I expected.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #9045 on: Feb 01, 2024, 08:35 AM »
Kind of sad that oneida is like this in January.  I spent some quality time yesterday putting new line on my perch rods.  Looks like I’ll be out sooner than I expected.
The problem is... we kinda caught in the middle right now.. no ice safe to walk on but launches are froze over

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9046 on: Feb 01, 2024, 11:42 AM »
Is the new launch on the canal frozen?

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9047 on: Feb 01, 2024, 05:07 PM »
Is the new launch on the canal frozen?
The canal is wide open however you would be limited to just the canal. Besides the shore line and a few little spots here and there the whole east end of the lake is still locked pritty good. Stuck in purgatory again 🙄

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9048 on: Feb 03, 2024, 07:04 AM »
Looks like this was a bad idea.  ???

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9049 on: Feb 03, 2024, 12:51 PM »
Looks like this was a bad idea.  ???

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
[/quote

LOL - thats for sure

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9050 on: Feb 04, 2024, 10:12 AM »
 To let some of you know if thinking about chaumount , my bud was there yesterday and things got pretty touchy

Guess some went through this morning
 As the ice skimmed over all are ok from what I’ve been told
 Thanks KP for sending that to me as I don’t do FB

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9051 on: Feb 04, 2024, 10:40 AM »
I can't personally speak about this lake but will generalize about the situation of our outdoors activities.  Yeah,  slobs will be slobs but that's not really the underlying issue.
It's about a ME generation that wants it all for their selves.
You can knock on a hundred doors and in today's world,  NO  is the answer, no matter how respectful you are.
Folks these days feel entitled to what's mine is mine and I'm not sharing.  It's sad...
A lot of areas I ice fish are from non residents that own summer camps.  They are rarely there in the winter but ask them for permission to access through their property without intrusive to them,  the answer is 99% NO !!
I feel for the younger generation that wants to enjoy,  promote sportsmanship and possibly provide for their families down the road. 
Good luck

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9052 on: Feb 04, 2024, 10:52 AM »

Hot tuna your right getting tougher and tougher to get permission , I have lost spots do to other people on more than 1 lake and stream

Offline Icehoole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9053 on: Feb 04, 2024, 10:57 AM »
I don’t really see how a private land owner not giving you permission to access through their property makes them the villain

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9054 on: Feb 04, 2024, 11:05 AM »
Not saying they are villains,  just not the friendly type to others who might not have the opportunity otherwise.
Think about it,  should the entire world be much better off in a gated community and fencing in everything they own just to keep others out ? Humm. 
I totally understand the trashing or disrespectful but those problems are usually easily solved without Fences and gates

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9055 on: Feb 04, 2024, 11:27 AM »
Not saying they are villains,  just not the friendly type to others who might not have the opportunity otherwise.
Think about it,  should the entire world be much better off in a gated community and fencing in everything they own just to keep others out ? Humm. 
I totally understand the trashing or disrespectful but those problems are usually easily solved without Fences and gates

I pretty sure that person pays taxes and it's their choice if they want anyone in their property. Also if you get hurt on their property it goes on their insurance can't blame someone for not wanting you on their property
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9056 on: Feb 04, 2024, 12:49 PM »
I pretty sure that person pays taxes and it's their choice if they want anyone in their property. Also if you get hurt on their property it goes on their insurance can't blame someone for not wanting you on their property

I was going to post the exact same thing - thanks for saving me the time  ;D.....and its not as easy to fix as he thinks it is - I speak from experience. If its someone else's land I stay off unless I have permission - and even then I leave the land better than it was when I got on it....even if my land has a seasonal dwelling its my seasonal dwelling. No one else has any right to be there unless I give them permission....I let people access my land to ice fish for a few years, in spite of the trash they left behind almost daily, until 1 day when some guy didn't like where I parked to ice fish (on MY land),  and left me a nasty note complaining that it made it too hard for him to pull his shanty off the ice - he called me all kinds of names in the note - did I mention it was MY land ?? ;D  That was it - no more access ....I posted the land and WILL prosecute anyone that I see on it....the end.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9057 on: Feb 04, 2024, 01:12 PM »
Not going to argue about this.  Yes it's a right to do what you choose with private property.  That wasn't the point or statement I made.

Thank you for pointing out about taxes.  We have 874 acres. 
Also thanks for confirming the me world of living in fear that someone will sue and we should all be afraid.
Yes,  it is simple as resolving an issue with people who abuse a welcome.
Like I said,  I've resolved issues from people on our property that abused their welcome .

Shame there's not more friendly people today that might want to experience meeting other good folks and rather stay locked inside.  That kid today that wants to learn about sportsmanship might just be that person that will help you out when the tables are turned.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9058 on: Feb 04, 2024, 01:43 PM »
most people i meet are very friendly  and most times i am granted permission to use others property .......  the issue is people being pigs ......

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9059 on: Feb 04, 2024, 02:02 PM »
To let some of you know if thinking about chaumount , my bud was there yesterday and things got pretty touchy

Guess some went through this morning
 As the ice skimmed over all are ok from what I’ve been told
 Thanks KP for sending that to me as I don’t do FB
You're welcome bud… I’m not on FB either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.