New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031978 times)

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #8850 on: Jan 06, 2024, 10:26 AM »
There will be stories by next weekend of people going in for sure
We pray not, but, it will happen!! I’ve got a pin rod and reel calling my name to harass steelhead. Guess that’s the gig for the time being. Unless, Trapper is on a hot shore bite somewhere…. I may need to get in on that action with him. 😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8851 on: Jan 06, 2024, 12:29 PM »
got  some  family business  KP  but after that i might  know a  place and  we  can  slide my boat in  easy  and  get right on top of them  ;D

but i'd  knock the  stripes  of some  steelie  too

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8852 on: Jan 06, 2024, 10:48 PM »
Got 1.5” of ice out in back. Too bad we haven’t had fished stocked in the pond yet to practice my jigging 😤. Still good to see a cap set though.

I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8853 on: Jan 08, 2024, 04:19 PM »

Here’s what I found out today….the access has been permanently restricted!! Sorry guys!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8854 on: Jan 08, 2024, 06:20 PM »
thanks KP ...the marina it is ........  but  if you  go out from the  marina   always  have a  spud and  use it i usually hug the shore  until i get in aways

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8855 on: Jan 08, 2024, 06:36 PM »
You’re welcome Trap! This is what I was  told today.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #8856 on: Jan 09, 2024, 06:28 AM »
You’re welcome Trap! This is what I was  told today.

The town could always use eminent domain. I think is the term. If the town actually owns it and no one pays taxes. Not sure how much that restricts big bay but it would be an option.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8857 on: Jan 09, 2024, 06:38 AM »
i'm just going to go to big bay marina  pay them 5 bucks and have a beer and  burger when i  come off the ice .......truth is  it was getting to dangerous to use anyways ......my opinion and i  fish there  ALOT  .......  fisherman  (not all)  are responcable  for alot of this  they were  noisy waking  people  up  ...the  parked in the  road  to load gear  and  they were  dirty....... what are you going to do????

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8858 on: Jan 09, 2024, 11:37 AM »
Someday our fellow "sportsmen " will wake up and realize they cannot abuse the ones they depend on to enjoy their sports. I've lost a lot of good places over the years because of the abusers. I know the littering issue has been beat to death, but I'll bet that has a lot do with this spot being lost.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8859 on: Jan 09, 2024, 02:56 PM »

Humans are their own worst enemy!!!

Offline Esox on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8860 on: Jan 09, 2024, 05:00 PM »
Kind of a bummer to hear this news
Going to make for a long walk to get to the bay now
Can understand why it got gated..
I once found a zip lock bag at that culvert pipe with a fat human turd inside
Scum bags like that ruin it for the rest

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8861 on: Jan 09, 2024, 06:11 PM »
i picked up alot of trash along that  road and heard some loud and  filthy language .......and  big bay is a  early  late   spot  lot of people  walking  down that  road  at  5 am  and  not  being  quiet at all....(not  everyone  in  fact most people are  very good)

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8862 on: Jan 10, 2024, 08:39 AM »
Well, there goes another access.  Noise and trash probably recked it.  I’m tempted to walk from the marina but if it’s more than a half mile walk, can’t do it.
If I go, I won’t take any shortcuts and stay close to shore until I can get in the bay safely.

Offline oneida!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8863 on: Jan 10, 2024, 12:52 PM »
Just fyi there are many if not hundreds of  easements on oneida i can think of three on my road alone that dont show any info on tax maps owner etc. They are for people that live on the road that do not have lake access and its in there deeds as a right of way  and not open to the general public use. Some do get public use but when areas get abused they get closed

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #8864 on: Jan 11, 2024, 06:30 AM »
Any ice on Oneida yet?? Asking for a friend!!😁
All good, KP. Drove the truck out around the islands and picked up a few shorts.  :woot: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Wayne W.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8865 on: Jan 11, 2024, 07:39 PM »
Just fyi there are many if not hundreds of  easements on oneida i can think of three on my road alone that dont show any info on tax maps owner etc. They are for people that live on the road that do not have lake access and its in there deeds as a right of way  and not open to the general public use. Some do get public use but when areas get abused they get closed
I think most homes on some streets that ends at the lake have the right to ingress and regress a given lane, it is also for emergency vehicles. There is no parking along those streets . That greatly limits its use. 
I don’t see the big fuss every year about the parking at Lewis point. Lots of parking at Sylvan Beach and at the State Park.  Most have ice transportation so for a few extra miles they can avoid the hassle and mess.

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8866 on: Jan 11, 2024, 09:00 PM »
I think most homes on some streets that ends at the lake have the right to ingress and regress a given lane, it is also for emergency vehicles. There is no parking along those streets . That greatly limits its use. 
I don’t see the big fuss every year about the parking at Lewis point. Lots of parking at Sylvan Beach and at the State Park.  Most have ice transportation so for a few extra miles they can avoid the hassle and mess.
The nice thing about Lewis pt is you can get out off the drop to deep water fast and easy. Not so much at the east end of the lake.. I do see your point and agree. Lot of other places I’d rather launch from

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8867 on: Jan 11, 2024, 11:13 PM »
 If you pull up your nav or map  you’ll see several places including Lewis you can find decent fishable water within .5-.6 miles ,
     Providing ice is good enough for machines then fishing spots are almost endless

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8868 on: Jan 12, 2024, 03:10 PM »
I just cant imagine how so many people ice fished for so long without. Snowmobiles, power or electric augers , portable huts, heaters, special ice rods and reels, electronics , cell phones, jigs and so much more, and still caught a lot of fish.

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8869 on: Jan 12, 2024, 03:26 PM »
Exactly

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8870 on: Jan 12, 2024, 03:45 PM »
I just cant imagine how so many people ice fished for so long without. Snowmobiles, power or electric augers , portable huts, heaters, special ice rods and reels, electronics , cell phones, jigs and so much more, and still caught a lot of fish.
I don’t have the years in that you do but spent many years without a hut heater and phone and flasher , I manage some fish , but after working outside for years on storm drain , water  line and sewer I refused to cut my self short of a few comforts 😉 we always had fun at Dominic’s buying blanks to build our own rods , like a kid in a candy store , still use 1 for flat fish once in a while , back then it was yellow rain suits over carharts and thermals , but were great times

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8871 on: Jan 12, 2024, 04:01 PM »
And to think we ditched horses for cars lol
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8872 on: Jan 12, 2024, 04:06 PM »
And to think we ditched horses for cars lol
Omg don’t remind about those hay burners
 Bob you going to be around this weekend

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8873 on: Jan 12, 2024, 05:36 PM »
All good, KP. Drove the truck out around the islands and picked up a few shorts.  :woot: :cookoo: :cookoo:
😂😂😂😂

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8874 on: Jan 12, 2024, 05:40 PM »
And, people today call themselves “Diehards” 🙄

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8875 on: Jan 12, 2024, 05:48 PM »

hahaha - I still don't have any of that - I do use jigs though....but I've never owned a cell phone ....   ;D ;D

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8876 on: Jan 13, 2024, 07:40 AM »
looks like we might be getting some fishable ice next week. I never stepped foot on onieda last year.   Sully...

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8877 on: Jan 13, 2024, 08:14 AM »
Omg don’t remind about those hay burners
 Bob you going to be around this weekend
We should probably go back to the good ol days. You were a pro at riding side saddle 😜😂 I’ll be working on Little Deadeyez sled today until 3:00 down at my shop then I have plans after that and tomorrow I’ll be around all day.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8878 on: Jan 13, 2024, 09:01 AM »
looks like we might be getting some fishable ice next week. I never stepped foot on onieda last year.   Sully...

hey sul   how ya doing ....i hope you get on big bay this year i miss you showing  me  up ......  i still laugh about that 

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8879 on: Jan 13, 2024, 07:49 PM »
hey sul   how ya doing ....i hope you get on big bay this year i miss you showing  me  up ......  i still laugh about that
it's going to be a long walk from the marina. a few bad eggs wrecked it for everyone...   Sully...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.