New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031858 times)

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #6060 on: Feb 17, 2021, 03:21 PM »

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #6061 on: Feb 17, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Coming up Saturday morning for 2nd ice trip of the season.I’ll have my sled.Thinking about north side this time.Can I get out on my sled from Godfrey Point? Launch my boat there often.Never went out from there for hard water.Ive gone out at apps before.But I hear the parking is more limited since the construction.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #6062 on: Feb 17, 2021, 03:55 PM »
That's what wrong with ya UFOs and a Greatfull dead concert
With a fish whistle😮😮
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6063 on: Feb 17, 2021, 06:35 PM »
just curios .... I never hear any discussion about those white bass or white perch, (what ever they are).  I caught several the last few days.  They seem to be a very chunky solid fish.  They all went back in, I'm just wondering ,  are they decent table fare or are they best left in the lake?   Thanks

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6064 on: Feb 17, 2021, 06:56 PM »
Some like em, some don't. Only way to know for sure is keep one and give it a shot.

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #6065 on: Feb 17, 2021, 06:59 PM »
I have had them and liked them,  I do remove the darker meat along the lateral line......

SeanP

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6066 on: Feb 17, 2021, 07:04 PM »
Trapper likes white perch!!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6067 on: Feb 17, 2021, 08:08 PM »
Hey guys, any place near Bridgeport that you can recommend for staying overnight?

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6068 on: Feb 17, 2021, 08:16 PM »
I have had them and liked them,  I do remove the darker meat along the lateral line......

SeanP
      Guess I'll give them a try next time They are a very pretty fish    I just had enough yellows for a good fry so I let the whites go   Thanks guys

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6069 on: Feb 17, 2021, 08:44 PM »
Got out this evening. The spot I fished only yielded one short and not many marks. Traveling wasn’t bad on the sled. Ran into a few slush spots but nothing major. 5-7 inches of snow on the ice where I fished.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6070 on: Feb 18, 2021, 04:02 AM »

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6071 on: Feb 18, 2021, 05:17 AM »
I was out last night as well. It seemed like the slush was about the same as over the weekend. Less snow on the ice than I figured. Like Deadeyez mentioned 5" - 7" where I was.

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6072 on: Feb 18, 2021, 06:34 AM »
I wandered away from my usual haunts yesterday and hit a nasty patch of slush you couldn't see under the snow.  Buried my wheeler (4wd w/chains on all 4). Was about a foot deep with water and slush.  Had to shovel it out. Getting way to old for that crap.  Gonna stay in my area till the snow conditions improve.

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6073 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Hey guys I fish Oneida quite a bit but want to try a different part of the lake and go out of south shore boat launch. Any problems or things to watch for going out of here? I usually only fish off the north shore

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6074 on: Feb 18, 2021, 09:54 AM »
Check conditions thread. Guy just posted about Chapman yesterday

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6075 on: Feb 18, 2021, 10:32 AM »
i love  white perch and they love me ...... they helped get me a  new  shanty  ;D  seriously  alot of people  like them  sean is  right   try to  remove  some  of the  dark meat   and  i think they are  pretty good

Offline Ice head Ed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6076 on: Feb 18, 2021, 01:32 PM »
yeah my future son in law got stuck in the slush too, so I went around him and cheered him on while he dug himself out. I am way to old to dig slush too. Save that for the young bucks 

Offline icecusan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6077 on: Feb 18, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Took the wheeler out about a week ago during the slush fest didn’t have any problems getting thru just kept it in 4 low as close to 20 mph if I dropped down to 10-13 mph really bogged down next morning had to deal with ice build up Just kept pouring hot water on ice with a funnel to melt it  sounds like I’ll be doing same this weekend
walk on water

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6078 on: Feb 18, 2021, 02:53 PM »
Fished this morning. Ended up with 5 jumbos. Caught few small perch and short eyes as well. Travel wasn’t to bad at all. Bumped into the perch assassin. It was good seeing you out there Freddie

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6079 on: Feb 18, 2021, 03:06 PM »
I think I'm coming up Saturday morning about a mile out from my grandparents on route 49 to good perch fishing
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6080 on: Feb 18, 2021, 04:15 PM »
 I moved a few times ended up finding them but I couldn’t find the lockjaw key , got enough for a meal , had 1 that went a #4
 I’m in a slump , maybe I need to go laker fishing 😜
 Did find a few slush spots , only one I had to power up for

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6081 on: Feb 18, 2021, 05:04 PM »
I set up on some perch in the mud the other day. 4 hours later I had 10 on the ice. They were pigs but tough to get 'em to go. They were puking up piles of muscles and stuff they were rooting out of the mud. Along with a bunch of buckeye bodies that I was throwing down the hole.

Can't wait to give it another try to see if I can find something that gets 'em to eat a little better.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6082 on: Feb 18, 2021, 05:28 PM »
Perch love scuds I would imagine very small pieces of shrimp would work great

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6083 on: Feb 18, 2021, 06:38 PM »
Perch love scuds I would imagine very small pieces of shrimp would work great

Little tungsten with a plastic scud is one of the things I just rigged up. Now I just need to find a little time to get out there and see what they think of it.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6084 on: Feb 19, 2021, 04:03 AM »
 Yesterday I was down to 1/64-1/80 hair in different colors and they past them up to 😡
 But I’m a stubborn ol fool sometimes smaller isn’t always the answer 😉
 Full to the brim

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6085 on: Feb 19, 2021, 04:57 AM »
pounding the big blade to draw a crowd then teasing a fathead up and up and up to 6-8' off the bottom was way I got some Wednesday. ended up with 20 but it was work. A small gold buckshot got a few active biters too when a school showed. All good fish but work. 34-36' deep

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #6086 on: Feb 19, 2021, 08:03 AM »
 I've been attaching a fly (thanks KC) on a dropper loop above a 3mm tungsten. Half of the perch come off the fly. Fun to watch their reaction when they finally notice the fly dangling above! I think the fly looks more like the forage they're used to. And if you can find some oak leaf grubs you'll be in business.  :o

Offline Dcf7173

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6087 on: Feb 19, 2021, 09:39 AM »
Anybody having luck on west end of lake? Near muskrat bay? Thanks

Offline Birdslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep moving
« Reply #6088 on: Feb 19, 2021, 10:25 AM »
For the weekend travelers. We went off Taft yesterday with the 4x4 wheeler and it was tough going (sleds no problem that I could see). Encountered several slush spots but four really stand out they were deep and nasty. I have studded tires to grip the ice underneath the slush and didn't officially get stuck but It was far from ideal conditions. If you choose to go out in that area I recommend traveling light, bring a LONG tow rope, shovel and keep the speed up. If you stop or slow down your in trouble. Plenty of other wheelers out there but they were all chained up from what I could see so it's possible but I don't recommend it if your going solo or not in good health. Ended the day with three keeper eyes, dropped a few at the hole, few shorts and 17 fat jumbos between 2 guys. 28ft of water. Not a bad day once we found them. Good luck and travel safe.
Find the bite, Fish the bite, repeat

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6089 on: Feb 19, 2021, 02:19 PM »
slush is becoming an issue again didnt get stuck but had to throttle up  a few time on sled wheelers iffy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.