New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1031920 times)

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #3840 on: Jan 18, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Good people??  There are also good people who will bs you. All hes saying is to be sure check for yourself. Or you can check conditions on the ice conditions page.
Yup I found the reports page. Bottom of page 2. No one has posted on it sense January 5th I believe it was. So you telling someone that lives 2hrs away to check there is a joke. No one local to Oneida posts on it. That being said maybe things will change. But prolly not.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3841 on: Jan 18, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Like I said too. That’s fine. There will be good people who will make a report.
Have a nice day.
And tomorrow I will make another 1 as well.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Icejunky39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3842 on: Jan 18, 2020, 03:29 PM »
Yup I found the reports page. Bottom of page 2. No one has posted on it sense January 5th I believe it was. So you telling someone that lives 2hrs away to check there is a joke. No one local to Oneida posts on it. That being said maybe things will change. But prolly not.

What Im saying is its insulting to say someone is not a good person because they wont give you and ice report...thats #1. #2 is....and this happens every yr....this is a bs page for people to bs about oneida lake or whatever. Every yr someone asks for ice conditions and every yr the response is check the conditions page.  If theres isnt anything posted then either nobody has been out or simply nobody posted anything soooooo the only way to know is to check it yourself.  More often that not people dont give early ice conditions because they dont want to feel responsible if someone goes for a swim.  I dont trust anyone with my safety except my so Im gonna check it myself.  There are other options....call a local bait shop. They are always helpful. But if you live 20 min or 2 hours away. Checking it yourself is the only real way to know. Im sorry if thats not what you want to hear or if its inconvenient to drive two hours but I live 10 min from Oneida lake and drove the 2+ hrs to fish black lake last week. Sometimes if ya wanna play ya have to pay.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #3843 on: Jan 18, 2020, 03:43 PM »
as per north shore and south shore cams the snow appears to mostly blowing off the ice.......but probably piling up in places where it blows to........this is new ice on most of the lake.extreme caution should be used fellers.....relax, we will be fishing soon

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3844 on: Jan 18, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Thanks scout I did see that.
Trying to keep that lake from outsiders is what I’ve seen for years and that is why I’m going to do everything I can to post daily reports on the lake even tho I’m about 2 hrs away.
Have a nice day. Stay safe all
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3845 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:01 PM »
LOL yeah oneida is kept to locals really... It may be one of the most heavily ice fished waters in NY,,,,, and how do you keep a 55, 000 acre lake a local secret trap give him the award x2 hes gone above and beyond  ...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3846 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Oneida that's it  I had enough tomorrow  we  put up posted signs locals only!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3847 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:07 PM »
Oneida that's it  I had enough tomorrow  we  put up posted signs locals only!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
LOL yeah oneida is kept to locals really... It may be one of the most heavily ice fished waters in NY,,,,, and how do you keep a 55, 000 acre lake a local secret trap give him the award x2 hes gone above and beyond  ...
Keep hating kids. I need another fan😪
Have a nice day
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3848 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:11 PM »

Got snow
I live back in the woods you see

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3849 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:15 PM »
Ill start at the state owned ramps you know the ones we keep secret lol,  also daily reports from 2hrs away should be right on the money man hope he gets good gas in his vehicle 4hrs round trip could get $$$.....but in all seriousness the lake had lots of  open areas yesterday give it some time I would say imo....

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3850 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:18 PM »
I got a glass of makers mark with 3 inches of crushed ice in it .......that's my ice report for today .......

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3851 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:33 PM »

Ya gotta love Up state NY weather 👍

Offline RiserMiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3852 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:35 PM »
Yikes. So many ppl ready to go walking places they shouldn’t be this weekend, based on a damn computer. If you’re asking about ice thicknesses after 2 days of cold, this might not be the weekend for you. Wait one more week and you’ll have your pick of places to go. Those who live near and have been watching the lake, carry on. You know what’s happening out there. Everybody else, beware. Just my opinion. I’m itching to get out there too. But coming from out of town, not knowing what it looked like as it formed and broke and now refreezing. And add some snow to hide things. No thanks. I’m fairly badass lol, I won’t be out this weekend.  I’ll be badass organizing my gear for the 7th time this year...

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3853 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Thanks scout I did see that.
Trying to keep that lake from outsiders is what I’ve seen for years and that is why I’m going to do everything I can to post daily reports on the lake even tho I’m about 2 hrs away.
Have a nice day. Stay safe all

I don't think they are keeping "outsiders" away. I think they are keeping people on the top side.

Also... Trapper, you'll run out of paper if you keep up with him

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3854 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:43 PM »
pazz I told im 2 tings I don't give ice reports and I watch the people fishing on te web cam ...I have no idea what the ice is like ......he just doesn't want to hear this .... let him get wet.......

"what we have hear is failure to communicate"

Offline Icejunky39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3855 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:55 PM »
Keep hating kids. I need another fan😪
Have a nice day

Nobody is hating son. I guess you just dont like working for it....or picking the phone up and calling a bait-shop for info. Its a 21 mile lake. Keep people out lol??  You go ahead and give all the reports you want to but the smart money is on checking it for myself haha.

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #3856 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:04 PM »
U guys gettin much snow yet?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3857 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:06 PM »
I'm in volney wind is blowing it around my bet 6 inches but we have drifts roads are nasty

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3858 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:13 PM »
 Ok  me included don’t like giving first ice reports as we don’t wish to feel responsible for someone getting wet or worse ,nobody is telling anyone don’t come here , he’ll there is all kinds of reports on the fishing ,
 I trust very few people with reports I still do my homework and check it myself ,
 Goon and I drove 2hrs to check ice conditions on a lake matter a fact we were out today ,
   I was giving info on this lake when there was only dial up and pointing guys in the right direction and lure info which some here don’t know what dial up was 😜
   So go ahead and give early ice reports nobody cares , oh yea I hear FB has lots of info , try that

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3859 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Ok  me included don’t like giving first ice reports as we don’t wish to feel responsible for someone getting wet or worse ,nobody is telling anyone don’t come here , he’ll there is all kinds of reports on the fishing ,
 I trust very few people with reports I still do my homework and check it myself ,
 Goon and I drove 2hrs to check ice conditions on a lake matter a fact we were out today ,
   I was giving info on this lake when there was only dial up and pointing guys in the right direction and lure info which some here don’t know what dial up was 😜
   So go ahead and give early ice reports nobody cares , oh yea I hear FB has lots of info , try that
yes we did and ppl need to go back to how it use to be drive and check for yourself ,if you want to fish
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3860 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:36 PM »
pazz I told im 2 tings I don't give ice reports and I watch the people fishing on te web cam ...I have no idea what the ice is like ......he just doesn't want to hear this .... let him get wet.......

"what we have hear is failure to communicate"

Can't fix stupid, that's what Mr. Darwin is for.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3861 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Keep blowing your own horn trap. All you do is spout off and try to start arguments. If you had said I don’t know the ice haven’t been there or even your touted “I don’t give first ice reports” none of this whole thing would have been started, but like I said locals try not to spread the word of the current conditions has been seen time and time again by many here. So your snotty little remarks and poor demeanor irritates the living crap out of many people as well as being a ploy to goad others into argument.

To those that feel like I’m the bad guy go back and look at how this started and maybe take a look at some of the other threads he posts in.

Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3862 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:54 PM »
Keep blowing your own horn trap. All you do is spout off and try to start arguments. If you had said I don’t know the ice haven’t been there or even your touted “I don’t give first ice reports” none of this whole thing would have been started, but like I said locals try not to spread the word of the current conditions has been seen time and time again by many here. So your snotty little remarks and poor demeanor irritates the living crap out of many people as well as being a ploy to goad others into argument.

To those that feel like I’m the bad guy go back and look at how this started and maybe take a look at some of the other threads he posts in.

You're either living in your parents basement still or have to have a handicap that's holding you back.
Get out, talk to people face to face. Communicate in real time, see if it's others "demeanor" or yours that need adjusting.....

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3863 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:59 PM »
You're either living in your parents basement still or have to have a handicap that's holding you back.
Get out, talk to people face to face. Communicate in real time, see if it's others "demeanor" or yours that need adjusting.....
Ouch ,  Get a bandage for that one 😃

Offline Jigemup247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3864 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Let’s not get the thread closed before the season even starts. You can tell everyone is starting to get stir crazy and can’t wait to get out. Won’t be too much longer (I hope).

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3865 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Can you blame “the locals”. It is nice having a weekend or 2 before shanty city’s start poping up everywhere and over run parking lots. Not saying there is “safe ice” anywhere right now.  What did we do before the internet

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3866 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:08 PM »
😁😁😁
Can you blame “the locals”. It is nice having a weekend or 2 before shanty city’s start poping up everywhere and over run parking lots. Not saying there is “safe ice” anywhere right now.  What did we do before the internet

No, one can not blame them. It’s the principle of it, don’t want to report don’t, but don’t chime in on a question for reports when you don’t want to report neither.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Icejunky39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3867 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:27 PM »
😁😁😁
No, one can not blame them. It’s the principle of it, don’t want to report don’t, but don’t chime in on a question for reports when you don’t want to report neither.

Asked and answered....this isnt the reports thread. Same thing every yr. On this thread its been that way. I think the “good people” comment is what set a few of us off. Anyway Im dont with it. Said all there is to say. Everyone have a good season

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3868 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:37 PM »
so anyone  got any idea how thick the ice is ???? don't say it here  private message me ...it's ok I'm a local ...... :roflmao:

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3869 on: Jan 18, 2020, 06:38 PM »

It's like a broken freekin record.....  :blink: :blink: Picked up maybe 6 inches of white stuff here, grainy heavy snow. Wind's whippin , venison's searing, drink's are cold and so is the weather! Won't be long till we're too busy fishing to slam on these keyboards all day long. Personally, I'm feeling much better, ready for a nice short walk and some flat fish soon ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.