Author Topic: Is vexilar done with multiple beam transducers?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Is vexilar done with multiple beam transducers?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 09, 2019, 07:40 AM »
I love my tribeam, don't see why they think they were a failure. Been using it for years, Been able to compare it with my camera to see how marks match where the fish is, don't see why they say its faulty.....compared to new, hard to beat spot on.....lol
I'm sure live view will steal me when my vex dies...so probably never will end up being able to get a live view.....   ;-)
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:05 AM »
I may be one of the few that like the Proview, it took a while to figure out but it really does work, at least for me. Low power and gain adjustment are the key shallower than 20 feet. It takes getting used to but once you figure it out it’s pretty easy to use. I have a FLx28 and Helix 5, both have their good and bad points.

Completely agree

Same here. It took a while to get used to it, that proview is really sensitive, A lot of times I'm using it in low power even at 25ft. I've had a Vex with the 12 degree in the past, a 19 degree Marcum, and the Humminbird Ice series with the the dual cone, no issues with the proview compared to those, in deep or shallow water. And by deep, for me anyway, I'm only talking 40ft, shallow I've used it as low as 5-6ft.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #32 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:33 AM »
everyone knows I have no problems with the proview so im not getting into the yearly debate.ive done comparisons between the tribeam and proview also. not sure why vexilar would discontinue a good working tri beam transducer but I don't assume its  to push the proview on everyone..use a 12 degree if not happy with the proview I guess.im just running my vexilar units until they stop working.i was pondering getting a garmin striker 5 to do dual duty on boat and ice but the vexs keep going so I will save my money.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:16 PM »
Customers wrong, company is right, we'll put out what we think the customer needs not what many customers have said they wanted.  Great business model

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.