Author Topic: Yamaha venture mp  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yamaha venture mp
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:23 PM »
Any one here familiar with this one? Found a 2014 cheap with very low mileage, ugly as my exes half sister but it's a 2 up utility sled that I've been wanting.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Yamaha venture mp
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:53 PM »
Probably looks prettier than my Snowdog...
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2019, 05:37 PM »
people say good things about the phazer which a short tracked version , if the price is right go for it pull the trigger   ;)

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Ugly? I think they look cool!  Ive had mine 6 years, been a great sled.  Sometimes I worry about no pull start, but it starts every time. Lots of power and is pretty easy to load and move around.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2019, 05:43 AM »
Any issues or things to look for for?? Our new to us MP is coming home Thursday,  probably check the battery date and if its older I'll get a new one of those right away.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Not a single issue.  I have less than 500 miles on it, I just use it to tool around the farm and for ice fishing.  Not a trail rider. 
Good luck with yours!

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Otto, I've read a few posts on this sled, which we brought home today! These have the factory skis on front,everyone says I want the wider fronts for deep snow,any feed back??

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I am not sure where you are located. I am in Central NY and we do get a lot of snow, but some areas can have a lot more.  I have not had any issues with the front end bogging down or getting through snow drifts.  I am usually pulling a Clam Yukon loaded with gear and just me.  Sometimes a second person.  On the lakes I go on the snow usually drifts off from the wind anyway.  Like any sled without studs, I can slide on the ice but I am almost always under 15mph and say in control.  I did melt my track to the sliders on one very bare ice day, lesson learned about carrying the proper tools just in case.  I added scratchers but they don’t really work too well.   I am thinking of studding the track this year as it is mostly an ice fishing sled.
If you are going on lots of unbroken trails and back country, bigger skis will help for sure.  But for my uses I have not had the need.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2019, 09:40 AM »
Have you had any issues with the tunnel icing up? I've seen a few mods to help this just not sure if I'm going to need to quite yet, I'm in Nebraska

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2019, 08:58 PM »
No I have not had that issue. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.