Author Topic: Helix 8,9 and 10 owners  (Read 767 times)

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Helix 8,9 and 10 owners
« on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:18 AM »
Humminbird has come out with an ice fishing package for the larger screen owners. Its label is the Ice Ptc Chirp 8910. It does run 219.99 however. This will work with both the G2 and G3 units . The units will have to have the latest update installed to work with the supplied transducer. Along with transducer a shuttle , wire connector will make easy for larger screen owners to utilize on ice.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Helix 8,9 and 10 owners
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2019, 11:35 AM »
I mount mine on a Genz box. Works great and is a much cheaper option as well. 219 dollars without a battery sounds like a little too much for me anyway. Mount it on a Genz box, get the transducer and a lithium battery with a charger for the same price probably.

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Are you just putting it in a bucket?  Any issues with it getting knocked around?
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:54 AM »
It’s too big to fit in a bucket.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2019, 12:54 PM »

True enough won't fit in 5 gallon bucket. But I installed a 9 inch Garmin on top of bucket by using an aluminum frame. I have since made a few modifications primarily a much better battery. Could easily do Humminbird the same way.

I actually prefer this method. Because it elevates my screen . I know I won't look like the " ice experts " that fish on their knees. But I am a lot more comfortable sitting on a 6 gallon bucket watching my screen.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.