Author Topic: Perch smackdown  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Perch smackdown
« on: Dec 29, 2022, 06:08 PM »
Got out last week for a little under 2 hours before getting blown off the lake, but it's all the time we needed. Lots of action with a good haul of sizable perch, mostly all above 8" and about 30% of them above 10".

Jigged from 18-30 feet, with swedish pimples, small tungsten jigs, and some hand tied flies that mimic a waxworm. My GF tied the fly and it was a killer, I caught 1 for ever 7-8 that she caught lol. Partly cloudy weather but ridiculous amounts of wind from the minute we got there, to the minute we left. It seemed to keep increasing so we got out of there, as there seemed to be a storm rolling in too. 4" of ice as well, figured it would've been more but still solid.

Rolled in around 12, always nice to get a fire bite after sleeping in. Other side note, got my first ever pike through the ice!!
Pics below and video link too if you have time🎣

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Perch smackdown
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2022, 06:36 PM »
Nice video! You're fishin' Brewski hours. Get going around "the crack of noon" ;D

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2022, 12:16 PM »
Nice video! You're fishin' Brewski hours. Get going around "the crack of noon" ;D

Only thing we were missin was some brews...Next time!!

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2022, 02:45 PM »
Nice work! I love the late start quickish sessions. ive been getting on the ice around 2 lately  ;D

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:17 PM »
Man I wonder where the heck you were? ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2022, 02:15 PM »
Nice work! I love the late start quickish sessions. ive been getting on the ice around 2 lately  ;D

Hard to beat em😂

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2022, 02:16 PM »
Man I wonder where the heck you were? ;D

Haha next time you guys are in my neck of the woods let me know, i'll make a better effort on getting out there to ice some tacos. Happy New year

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2022, 04:11 PM »
Nice yellow gold!  I know that place…
 ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2023, 10:05 AM »
Nice yellow gold!  I know that place…
 ;D

Taking some of my girls from the bball team I coach, out tomorrow to get their first ice experience...Hoping for the same action, less wind though lol.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2023, 11:44 AM »
Hey Tyler, pretty sure I fished next to you on Thursday, I was the guy that had the bald eagle swoop down and steal a perch  :o.

Fishing was great from 1:00 -3:00, but was not a fan of the 3-4 inches of slush/water on top of the ice  >:(

Glad it wasn't windy that day, great video as always!

Johnny-O

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2023, 10:12 PM »
Hey Tyler, pretty sure I fished next to you on Thursday, I was the guy that had the bald eagle swoop down and steal a perch  :o.

Fishing was great from 1:00 -3:00, but was not a fan of the 3-4 inches of slush/water on top of the ice  >:(

Glad it wasn't windy that day, great video as always!

Johnny-O

Oh very cool!! Wish I would've known...LOL I think I got that on film but haven't reviewed it yet. Ya i rolled in late that day after our bball practice was over and was pretty happy with everything besides that slush. Was wearing my new muckboots though and was pleasantly surprised by how warm they kept my feet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.