Author Topic: Sunshine Law violated by Muncie Parks Board, Fisherman effected directly  (Read 967 times)

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
On March 18th the Muncie Parks Board held a meeting that affects an area of a bay at Prairie Creek Reservoir. They are in the process of shutting off all bank fishing access to the "Sailboat Bay" East of the County road bridge. This area is on the opposite side of the sailboats.
The meeting had a time change and the public was given notification which is a violation of the "Sunshine Law" IC 5-14-1.5-5
After finding out about the meeting I tried to obtain information on the meeting and what transpired, what changes took effect and was told by a Parks Office employee, who attended the meeting, no changes took effect.
Yesterday the newly appointed Prairie Creek Supt. told numerous bank fisherman in this area that their time was limited in fishing this area to enjoy it while they could. NO CHANGES B>S>

It also states in the agreement with the Water company , who actually leases the land to the City of Muncie, that the land shall be soley used for recreational activities, not denying them.
All of this is because of 1 property owner , whos land adjoins the leased land, doesn't want anyone in this area at all. Yet this propety owner has a boat dock on the same land we as fisherman are being denied access.
Unlawful? Yes indeed.
Petitions are being placed at local businesses and baitshops to be signed by anyone , of legal voting age, to get this repealed.
I am currently the single voice of the fisherman on this right now, but signatures are being obtained and different groups of fisherman and outdoor recreational users need to be aware and voice their opinion on this matter to where the people who are sworn to serve us are neglecting us.

I have tried to contact the Muncie Star Press for days now on the phone with no luck, and even went to their office with the same results.
I have sent emails to various other indivduals and have informally filed a complaint with State of Indiana Public Access Counselor.

I have posted my disbelief in the system on The Star Press forum, under a heading of Sunshine law violation ................

http://forums.thestarpress.com/viewtopic.php?t=28843

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
link an online petition please! that is bull! i wish this county could stop making new laws, its always something.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Crookedlake92

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any fisherman should feel as they've been wronged...... Don't let this go. Put up an online petition. As a whole we should have pretty big voice!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.