Author Topic: SO!!!!!! Excited have all my material  (Read 2776 times)

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Loves fishing and camping all year round
SO!!!!!! Excited have all my material
« on: Nov 12, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I am going to build my first portable 4X8X7 foldable ice shack this weekend.Has any one have any advise or ideas for my new shack? Thanks for you help
As long as I breathe I will fish as long as I can

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: SO!!!!!! Excited have all my material
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Have you seen mine?
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Have you seen mine?
I have a print off but it doesnt say who the designer was.Half the pics are missing but I get a rough idea on how to build it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Are we talking about the same thing? I am the designer!

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:43 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
cool looking shanty , you sell plans ?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:56 AM »
No I do not sell plans. I have been too busy fishing and building my new design.

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:30 PM »

Those are awsome!!!!!!! but not the one I have.Great job,nice unit!!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Thanks  ;D ;D ;D I can help you if you need it!

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Thanks  ;D ;D ;D I can help you if you need it!
Thank you very much for the offer,when I start to build it I can send you some pics and your advise and what to add etc would be very appreciated.This shack I am building has a design that both doors and floors fold up into a sled like package.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:50 PM »
I made one like that once. I let a friend borrow it and it blew out of the back of his truck. That's why I made the new kind. If it wouldn't of blown out of his truck I would still be fishing with it. Oh well. :'( Have you built any shanties before?

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2009, 01:15 PM »
I made one like that once. I let a friend borrow it and it blew out of the back of his truck. That's why I made the new kind. If it wouldn't of blown out of his truck I would still be fishing with it. Oh well. :'( Have you built any shanties before?
I dont know if you can call this one a shanty,I have a 1 man Frabil and a 2 man Frabil.With my new puupy and my old dog plus my wife this will be able to hold all of us with a little room for my heater and underwater camera.I am thinking on builing a tower something like Aqua views for the camera ,battery and maybe a radio.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2009, 01:31 PM »
I dont know if you can call this one a shanty,I have a 1 man Frabil and a 2 man Frabil.With my new puupy and my old dog plus my wife this will be able to hold all of us with a little room for my heater and underwater camera.I am thinking on builing a tower something like Aqua views for the camera ,battery and maybe a radio.
I have all of mine mounted to the outside wall.

If you are going to make a tower type of set up I would think about making the tower a sled. Something you can just stand up on end with your set up ready to go. When you are done, wrap up your cords, tip it back down on the ski's and go home. Less work less hassle.

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2009, 01:56 PM »
I have all of mine mounted to the outside wall.

If you are going to make a tower type of set up I would think about making the tower a sled. Something you can just stand up on end with your set up ready to go. When you are done, wrap up your cords, tip it back down on the ski's and go home. Less work less hassle.Thanks for the tip and ideas,nice set up.But the only thing different from your camera to mine is,my eyes for a old fart arent as good as they use to be so I modified a magnifying box which use to fit a  older style Aqua veiw with velcro and mounted it on your screen.Even 2" perch looks like a whale, less strain on your eyes and you can see even the smallest jigs.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I know what you mean about seeing on the camera. I use window shades and it helps me see the screen better. Sounds like we need a big flat screen set up ;D ;D

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2009, 02:34 PM »
I know what you mean about seeing on the camera. I use window shades and it helps me see the screen better. Sounds like we need a big flat screen set up ;D ;D
You should check with your fishing stores to see if they have the maginifer,you would be amazed.I think I paid 30 bucks for it and if they dont and you are interested I can see if they have one up here and I could send it to you

Offline jmvsmv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Michiana..  Those are sweet. How big are those?  They look huge. What does a finished shanty weigh?  What size is it when folded up?  And if you decide to sell plans on that let me know ;)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2009, 05:27 AM »
Michiana..  Those are sweet. How big are those?  They look huge. What does a finished shanty weigh?  What size is it when folded up?  And if you decide to sell plans on that let me know ;)
Thanks! The two small ones are 4 X 6 weighs about two hundred with the electrics in it. The large one I'm building it 8 X8. I haven't weighted it yet but am guessing around 250- three hundred. I will be weighing it soon all I have to do is the sled and the wall board to finish. And a couple of coats of spar varnish. I may do plans some day. I would say it would depend on how many guys wanted some. Thanks again.

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Thanks! The two small ones are 4 X 6 weighs about two hundred with the electrics in it. The large one I'm building it 8 X8. I haven't weighted it yet but am guessing around 250- three hundred. I will be weighing it soon all I have to do is the sled and the wall board to finish. And a couple of coats of spar varnish. I may do plans some day. I would say it would depend on how many guys wanted some. Thanks again.
Now for your opinion!!!!! Show I do the completr shack black? I have a silver-black tarp I was going to have the black outside for the sun and heat but would it make a difference if the floor and doors are black?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Now for your opinion!!!!! Show I do the completr shack black? I have a silver-black tarp I was going to have the black outside for the sun and heat but would it make a difference if the floor and doors are black?
Are you going to use the shack for sight fishing/spearing? Dark would work best. I personally don't like it too dark in my shack  because I use a lantern for heat and it would force me to turn up the heat too much and cook me out. I use the camera during the day so I can sit up and not have to bend over and look down the hole. My back issues prevent that position.

Offline JJK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Are you going to use the shack for sight fishing/spearing? Dark would work best. I personally don't like it too dark in my shack  because I use a lantern for heat and it would force me to turn up the heat too much and cook me out. I use the camera during the day so I can sit up and not have to bend over and look down the hole. My back issues prevent that position.
I here you on the back issue,mine comes and goes.I think I am going to have the tarp black outside and do the floors and door black

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.