The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: new warden camp  (Read 8353 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: new warden camp
« Reply #60 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:48 AM »
well I have to agree with the self help deal   (sorry contractors) if you took the amount in materials  and what they contracted out for so far  I dont think you can get much  they need a nice place to stay in   Id be damed if Id stay in a place that didnt come up to those specs they have  it isnt like they have an individual room   but a bunk house  the money the state is saving vs paying oh lets just guess     state rate at alot of places can be over 100+ a night during high times   maybe this will last quite awhile give them a place to unwind   allow the bioligist a place to work from  do thier work  get good # ect   but if I had to stay in an insect / rodent skunk infested place I wouldnt go   Id travel  and that gets to be pretty heafty   I think the mileage  costs are about 55cents a mile now  a happy warden is gonna create better relations with the sportsmen   if I spent a night in a infested place Id be pissed  and prob take it out on each of the people I met during the day   told ya I was gonna be oppeset of most!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline WANNABFISHIN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:00 AM »
I guess I'm not real sure what rodent/insect infestation has to do with any of this.  When our hunting camp became mouse, squirrel porcipine infested we
didnt build a new camp.  We trapped, shot or poisoned everything we didnt want in the camp.  Then again if it wasnt our money we probably would have built
a $130,000 camp right beside it and tore the original one down.  Too bad they couldnt sell this so called uninhabitable camp, I'd be interested in buying it.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:06 AM »
if they werent doing anything we have to pay them anyway so I right off the labor right away

Offline WANNABFISHIN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:17 AM »
if they werent doing anything we have to pay them anyway so I right off the labor right away
i say if they werent doing anything they should have laid them off then rehired them once they needed the extra manpower.  Obviusly they are over staffed for 8 months a year.

Offline northernmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I guess you'll just have to chalk me up as a disgruntled taxpayer tired of watching local, state and federal governments spend more and more each year wanting for nothing while the rest of us have to cut back in these lean times. I see waste and excess in all branches of government from the town of Caribou all the way to D.C., anyone who denies it isn't paying attention.

It's obvious to me that some posting here have reaped  the benefits of taxpayer money and think it is a bottomless pit to draw from, it isn't. As far as a unhappy warden giving me a hard time because he didn't sleep good the night before, a call to the commissioner or colonel will take care of that, last time I checked they work for me and not the other way around.

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 04, 2010, 01:22 PM »

I don't understand that, Don't they work a forty hour week for which we pay them to fullfill duties we have hired them to do? Don't we pay extra for management personell to define what those duties are? I don't recall the specific words but I think those highly paid management people came up with some sort of mission statement  which, to the best of my recollection, did not involve carpentry duties.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Feb 04, 2010, 01:45 PM »
wel they have a nice pace to stay it is over now contractors have to do the electrical    the only issue is can the tax payers stay there if we mow the lawn   all the rest is done

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #67 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:01 PM »
wel they have a nice pace to stay it is over now contractors have to do the electrical    the only issue is can the tax payers stay there if we mow the lawn   all the rest is done
Ahhhh, I knew there was a method behind this campaign of yours Hazzy, looking for some free prime time reservations in the Hotel Baker? Very sly indeed! Just funnin with ya. You are right though about Maine State taxpayers being included, after all our money built the "camp" but I doubt we will be included on the invitation only list. One other question crossed my mind today, how many man hours does it take three wardens to nail up a sheet of plywood? ;D ;D ;D

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:23 PM »
The more I thought about the 2155 man hours the more I scratch my head.  I had 30-35 days in mine and other people probably had 100 hours total.... I don't even remotely see how that many hours is possible.  I bet this gets real "stinky" before all is said and done. :-\ :tipup:

Offline northernmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:26 PM »
The more I thought about the 2155 man hours the more I scratch my head.  I had 30-35 days in mine and other people probably had 100 hours total.... I don't even remotely see how that many hours is possible.  I bet this gets real "stinky" before all is said and done. :-\ :tipup:
It always takes unskilled people longer to do the same job as a skilled person.

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:35 PM »
One thing you guys are forgetting is that the article was in the Bangor Daily News.  Who the heck knows what the truth really is.
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:16 PM »
One thing you guys are forgetting is that the article was in the Bangor Daily News.  Who the heck knows what the truth really is.
Question, have you read the article on page one of this thread which was extremely well written with quotes from proper sources that were in the know on this particular debacle. Bangor Daily News did a great job of reporting the facts in thier article, left everything to those in the know to speak out about the issue with zero biased reporter or jounalistic comments, how is this not truth finding?

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 04, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Question, have you read the article on page one of this thread which was extremely well written with quotes from proper sources that were in the know on this particular debacle. Bangor Daily News did a great job of reporting the facts in thier article, left everything to those in the know to speak out about the issue with zero biased reporter or jounalistic comments, how is this not truth finding?

1.  I was never able to open the link provided by C. Tripp so I could not read the "well written article".  Just tried again twice and was still unable to open it.

2.  Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe 1/2 of what I see in our media and NONE of what I read.  Your milage may be differnet.

3.  Never said I didn't agree that the figures (if true) are very high. 

4.  If you want to argue have at it.  I'm not falling into that trap.

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Feb 04, 2010, 06:08 PM »
1.  I was never able to open the link provided by C. Tripp so I could not read the "well written article".  Just tried again twice and was still unable to open it.

2.  Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe 1/2 of what I see in our media and NONE of what I read.  Your milage may be differnet.

3.  Never said I didn't agree that the figures (if true) are very high. 

4.  If you want to argue have at it.  I'm not falling into that trap.

No arguement wanted or intended JDK, not meant to offend you! :)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #74 on: Feb 04, 2010, 06:51 PM »
I cut and pasted it on page 1  I had issues opening it up too thats why I pasted it

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:08 PM »

Thank you mainehazmt.  I though your cut and paste said BDN.

Takes more than what you said to offend me Emerald.  Just seems like everyone on this site has their panties in a wad over everything lately.  I think some need to fish more. ;)

Offline rude the dude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike, ruining the state of Me., one pond at a time
« Reply #76 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:16 PM »
...                                . I don't even remotely see how that many hours is possible. 
I bet is was one heck of a party. Never mind that a experienced builder could do in a hour what a nim wit warden could accomplish all day.
How they biten

Offline northernmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:24 PM »

Takes more than what you said to offend me Emerald.  Just seems like everyone on this site has their panties in a wad over everything lately.  I think some need to fish more. ;)

I think your probably right!

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:40 PM »

[/quote
  Yes, JDK have to hand it to you with that comment, is very true and wise words. Lots of folks hurting out there from the economy which brings out a lot of anger over so many other issues that have nothing to do with fishing, me included, thanks for reminding us of that. A single day spent on the ice, fishing, watching a sunrise or sunset with or without fish caught can truly take the edge off, and that is a good thing! :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.