The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: its all about respect...  (Read 3797 times)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: its all about respect...
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:49 AM »
On the 3 posts deal!
I just joined for the single reason of finding out if there was still good ice on Newlan before making the 3 hour drive there today. When I signed up it took me a while to figure out I needed those 3 posts to get access to that section, to which I was slightly irritated at first. It did however make me actually get into reading the stuff going on first and thus appreciate the site before using and abusing it. This is my 3rd post and I'm glad the feature is there.

Welcome to the IceShanty MT_opie !! That's one heck of a 3rd post.....We thank you for having a little patience & taking the time to figure this out on your own. There's a great group of guys here along with a wealth of info. Tight lines to ya & be safe out there !!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:57 AM »
I grew up fishin and a huntin thinkin that there is bigger fish and animals over the next hill so not knowing a lk. is what i love the most. I can get on the lk. and explore the **** out of it. Half the fun is in the exploration. Having said all this...my knees/shoulders hurt as ive been doing this for 40 yrs. now.

That definitely makes the experience that much more rewarding. Reaching the point where our bodies tell us we're not in our 20's anymore is quite the reality check.....I don't like it - LOL !!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #32 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:43 PM »
I have witnessed internet fishing reports have a direct impact (negative) on a few bodies of water. Although you may have your own personal ethics regarding selective harvest, you can bet the other 500 fishermen that read your report do not share your passion for conservation. We are in the age of instant information-before you post that photo or write that epic report, scratch your head for a moment on what short term and long term impact it may have on your local honey hole.
Many of the Montana guides should read this....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.