Author Topic: finally got out on Sunday  (Read 1180 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
finally got out on Sunday
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:30 PM »
 Me and a buddy went out Sunday and hammered the gills and one nice bass. The ice was 3.5" thick. I'm hoping with the next three nights being in the single digits and the days staying below freezing will make the ice grow. I would feel alot better on 4-6".
  Matt

Offline RHicks84

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: finally got out on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:12 PM »
where did ya guys go?  @74redone, are you a member of South Wilmington sportsmans by any chance?
Women are like parking spaces, all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped!

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:16 AM »
where is the qc did you hit.  1-3" everywhere i checked.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:22 PM »
where did ya guys go?  @74redone, are you a member of South Wilmington sportsmans by any chance?

We went to a private lake out by Orion. No im not a member.
Matt

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:25 PM »
Im hoping with the cold night temps it will get to 5-6" by the weekend.
Matt

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:47 PM »
i figured it had to be a smaller farm pond.  hennepin on big island road looked near fishable on one side but i decided not to chance it on the baby fish it holds.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:25 PM »
The lake I was on was just over 6 acres. It holds some really nice fish. We have been trying to up the size of the gills by releasing all the 8,9 &10" gills We typically get gills 7-8" with a 10" every now and then. The bass go all the way up to 5lbs. Last year we caught alot of catfish which was really fun on the light tackle. We just put 350 10" crappies in it this year so we are hoping to get a spawn next year. There are also walleye in the lake but we cann't seem to ever be able to find them in the winter time. I would love to get one them through the ice. Well good luck to everyone,and stay safe.
  Matt

Offline Rob_G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:36 PM »
74redone,  I live in Cambridge.  I believe I know the lake you fished and used to fish it a lot also.  My cousin used to have a house there.  HUGE gills!  Maybe see you on the water sometime!

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:27 PM »
74redone,  I live in Cambridge.  I believe I know the lake you fished and used to fish it a lot also.  My cousin used to have a house there.  HUGE gills!  Maybe see you on the water sometime!
Sorry Rob_G the lake I'm talking about is not open to the public and there is only one house the owner of the lake. Its not a community lake like Frye lake.
 Matt

Offline Rob_G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:09 PM »
My bad.  Thought you were referring to Lake Lynwood.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:04 PM »
laid the wood to some slab crappies, multiple 12" fish, a 13 and one hefty 15" fish came out of QC public waters today.  4-5" of solid ice.   got move around a bit but they are there....high in the water column in 20' of water, tight to structure in 15, and roaming around 10-12'    all areas produced fish.

also caught some bonus bass, gills, and nice walleye.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.