Author Topic: Gandermountain in Davenport  (Read 648 times)

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gandermountain in Davenport
« on: Nov 24, 2011, 09:42 PM »
has wolfram jigs this year for the first time.  carrying JB lures, Fiskas, and a big selection of genzbugs.

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
Re: Gandermountain in Davenport
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2011, 07:22 PM »
hnd,
 I hit Davenprt Gander today, sorry to say their selection is about half of what it was last year. I thought it was extremely disapointing myself. Looks like a trip to Scheels or Cabela's for me.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:45 PM »
last year they had an entire wall of c&s.  and then another wall of other stuff.  this year they cut down on c&s which sucks but they added 3 brands that i usually have to order online to get. i'm happy.  they have plenty of the gill pills that put fish on the ice for me.

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2011, 10:49 AM »
hnd
 Yesterday when I asked the older fellow who works the fishing department at Gander where all the Custom Jigs & Spins stuff was this year, his reply was "we just put out what we had from last year. The same on Pimples.
 Discouraged I went over to Dick's their selection was even more sorry than Ganders. Stopped at K&K and was told they won't be stocking any hardwater equipment for about another 10 days.
 Yesterday was my 3rd trip to Gander looking for hardwater equipment. The 2 previous trips I was told next week we'll have our stuff out.
 I already have plenty of equipment, but I like to restock lures lost from the previous year.

Offline Rob_G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:41 PM »
There is a fairly new fishing store in Moline and they carry ice jigs, also the cheapest place around.  J-Mac.  It should be in the phone book.  The store Northeast of Southpark Mall.  Don't forget about Croegaert's either.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:34 PM »
rob, i saw that the other day. ii'm going to check it out.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:00 PM »
 I will be heading to J-Macs this week. I went to Gander and Dicks last night. IMO dicks shouldn't even carry fishing eq. The people they have working in that dept. have no clue. Gander in Dav. is just as bad. Last night I had to interrupt to works trying on shoes to see if I could get help in the fishing dept. Then the guy that came to help had no clue on what I was even talking about! I wished Scheels was closer!
  Matt

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2011, 10:34 PM »
Gander in dav carried that stuff last year, nothing good.. just crap like usual. Last year that stuff was on the back side next to the tip-ups and ice line.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.