Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 239691 times)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #750 on: Dec 15, 2022, 12:41 PM »
Y'all get ready!!!
It'a a comin'!!!!!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/heads-up-canada-the-coldest-air-on-earth-is-sinking-south

Shaping up to be the coldest Xmas in these parts since the 90s.  Thinking I'll be walking on water Wednesday or Thursday.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #751 on: Dec 15, 2022, 03:17 PM »
Z  How far are you from Davenport IA ?  I might have to look you up LOL.  If there's good ice the Drywall, may get shoved to the back burner at my Son-in-laws   ;D  wonder how long the artic blast is going to stay ???

Replacement carb for the small chainsaw was delivered last night.  Put it on this morning, fired it up, warmed it up and wanted to adjust the idle,  It died and now back to square one... :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:  Let it set, went and got a replacement canopy, no problem. This time I will locate the canopy behind one of my big trees, to give it some shelter from the blasts of win that come out of the south, southwest.

Yes Pat, basking in the Sunshine now,

Will check in later, take care all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #752 on: Dec 15, 2022, 03:44 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  Started off the day with a dead battery and 15* this am…31* at the moment and just waiting for the first snowflakes to arrive. Guessers now calling for 16-20” here by the time this one passes..safe to say, it’s going to be a white Christmas!   ;D

Dave…that’s some serious cold weather, wow!! :woot:  Figure’s…we’ll probably see some of that cold weather move in here right after this dumping takes place, Doh! Hope your improving each passing day…stay warm up there brother!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…awesome picture!  :clap:  Believe the plow will be by at some point, but I know he’s going to have a marathon going on if the guessers are close. I’m all ready for it, and we won’t be going anywhere for a day or two.  :thumbsup:  Was the bakery open today?  :whistle:
  FH4..best wishes sent your wife and safe travels tomorrow.  :thumbsup:  Hopefully the rebuild works and that ends that problem for you…just keep thinking vacation!  ;D
  I-45…hope you had a good day with Mr.Dickens and the snow removal is taken care of for you!  :thumbsup:
  Z…sounds it’s going to be a good old fashioned winter in Illinois this season! Best wishes on long ice season… :icefish:
  Marv…hope you’re winning the battle with the snow and that nasty combination of weather!  :thumbsup:  Couple hot toddy’s and an Epsom salt bath probably wouldn’t hurt none tonight!  ;D. Way to go taking care of the ladies!  :bow:
  H2…congrats on the sale, hope that cough is short lived…take er easy on the snow removal… :thumbsup:
  Jeff…I’m sure the stories to be told around that buck mount will get better every time, lol.  :roflmao: :nono:  Spoke with my brother this morning, he’s starting to feel some relief, nagging dry cough but the aches and pains are passing. That’s awesome you’re helping MW out…safe travels and good luck with everything!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom…sorry to read about the medical issues your wife is dealing with, I hope she’s seeing some relief today…best wishes sent her way.  :thumbsup:  We might have to hear a little more on that explosion…Wow!  :woot:
  Bud…man that sucks about the chainsaw!  :%$#!:  Do you think there might possibly have been some debris in the tank? Hopefully you can get that figured out quickly…best of luck Sir!  :thumbsup:

Followed that apple jelly recipe yesterday to the T yesterday and it hasn’t set up yet, lol, has the consistency of honey right now. Reading up on similar recipe’s it was mentioned in some that set time could take up to 2 weeks or it can be re-boiled and more pectin added…glad I only made one batch, will see what tomorrow brings.
  Gas was at $3.47 - $3.57gl. here locally today…hard to believe we’ll be seeing $3.00 by Christmas or New Years as I heard on a radio news station this morning.
  Best wishes to all with this incoming storm…be careful out there, especially if you’re on the roads!  :thumbsup:
Have a great evening all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #753 on: Dec 15, 2022, 04:56 PM »
Z  How far are you from Davenport IA ?  I might have to look you up LOL.  If there's good ice the Drywall, may get shoved to the back burner at my Son-in-laws   ;D  wonder how long the artic blast is going to stay ???

I live right on the Indiana border, so clear across the state  ;) I'm not very nice, anyway 🤷‍♂️

By the forecast as it stands today, it looks to stay below freezing through the 30th here.

Given historic trends and my personal experience over the past 16 winters, with it freezing this early we'll probably end up with an early/mid January meltoff, then a refreeze in late Jan or Feb.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #754 on: Dec 15, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Good evening still in the upper thirties here and has been raining since around 4 PM . Weather guessers say rain will continue through the night and eventually change to snow some time on Friday. Depending on the forecast may see 3 to 8 inches when things end Friday evening. back on October 2ND there was a shooting at the Marriott hotel in Poughkeepsie, NY. the parent of a Marist college student was killed. gentleman was in area to visit daughter during college's parents weekend. the accussed shooter is facing an additional second degree murder count and is due back in court on Jan. 20 Th . In other area news SUNY Purchase in Westchester county  has reinstated it's face mask policy due to a rise in the number of covid-19, RSV and flu infections.
Ice wanderer good to read you are ready for the storm. you and all of Mealworm's crew pace yourselves with the snow clearing and post storm clean up hopefully all of you will not work a crazy amount of time.
Fish/hunt4ever once the old tower is back on-line may it and the new correct the plant's problem . enjoy your vacation. best to your wife tomorrow with her arm surgery.
hunts2long nice you are rid of the old snow blower and made one hundred dollars . may the person who bought it be happy with the machines performance. I hope your brother and nephew were able to side/enclosed the addition to hte sugar house before snow hit your area. May you loose the cough quickly.
whopper stopper hopefully not to many rounds of snow clearing for you today. may you and the girls have found a way to pass the time that is enjoyable by all of you.
Zcm-82 may the coming cold snap cause you no problems. best on getting out ice fishing befoe this years ends. icefisher-45 hope you wife does not end up working extra hours due to the storm. It was good to read your landlord has someone hired to plow.
wallworld thank you for the photo may the old saying not hold true for the two of you this time. hopefully your snow fall total will be to lower side of what was forecasted.
drifter thank you for the link guess we all better get rerady for some cold weather. i hope you are close to 100 percent would like to see some winter cabin trip photos from you .
IFF have you tried running some sea foam through the chai saw many ice Shanty members sing this products praise for resolving their small egine problems. glad you were able to get a new canopy may the new storage location protect it better from the weather.
Eddie hopefully your daughter's boy friend will come by during and after the storm with his plow.  may the apple jelly set up for you eventually . Good to read your brother's health is improving . hold out hope on the gas prices did a little grocery shopping today one station i passed was down to $3.05 /gal for 87 octane .

Here is a link for anyone interested on reading about SUNY  Purchase or the Marriot shooting  .  www.recordonline.com

May all in this Winter storm path come through the storm alright . Be careful if you need to travel.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #755 on: Dec 16, 2022, 03:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Steady snow falling and 31*, looks like the first 6” fell overnight, wet and heavy. Just getting ready for pass number 1…waiting on the go go juice to finish brewing.   ;D

Will check back later to see how everyone is doing…Cawfee’s on and strong!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #756 on: Dec 16, 2022, 05:20 AM »
Morning all, 32° and dead calm. High temp for today was about an hour ago at 33... supposed to very slowly drop all day to a low of 23 tonight. We got a dusting of snow last night, but the ground wasn't frozen, so not much stuck.

Not much on the agenda today aside from sleepwalking through work.  ;D I'm mostly just waiting on the weather and hoping the ponds skim over this weekend so they'll thicken up fast when the real cold moves in Monday afternoon.

mr.clean & masoneddie - hope you don't end up with too much of a mess from the snow.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #757 on: Dec 16, 2022, 05:25 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

27 degrees may see 31 by the afternoon. Looks like another 2" overnight with light snow still falling.

I also am going to get on snow detail, today's snow is much lighter. The temps will be dropping in the next few days so what we have will be turning to cement.

I see here the shack received 16".

Best of luck to everyone battling snow to the East.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #758 on: Dec 16, 2022, 05:35 AM »
32* and starting to change over to some snow. Only about an inch on the cars.

The cough is still here and my body is sore, other than that I don't feel bad. Maybe chasing the snow blower later will help.

Eddie, it looks like we all will be making more than one pass today.

WW, nice picture.

Have a good day and be well....2hl
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #759 on: Dec 16, 2022, 08:04 AM »
Well sitting eating pancakes with the official temp of 0 by the airport so probably about 5 below here. The wife's appointment got pushed back so we do not have to be over in lander until 930 but need to run and get my dealers license and all so might go a little early if the wife thinks it is a good idea. Just got done with selling minnows to a fellow iceshanty member so hopefully get gets to the spot he wants to fish today and catches some fish. Have another guy coming in around noon so will have minnows ready for him just in case I do not make it home in time. We'll everyone stay safe moving snow today, I got all the snow that we got moved with the side by side but that made some high mounds hopefully I pushed it far enough out so that when it sets up I can push any more we get up to it and still have some room to drive around.  Stay safe everyone and do not over do it moving the snow.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #760 on: Dec 16, 2022, 09:41 AM »
Seems there's a thing on my lake.   :-\
In all the years out there I have never had one.  >:(
Don't know exactly where it is yet though.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #761 on: Dec 16, 2022, 09:49 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....sounds like maybe it's time to get checked out  :unsure:

Eddie....hope round 1 went well  :flex:

IW.....looks like you and mealworm will be busy all weekend  :flex:

WS....glad to hear the snow is lighter this time around  :thumbsup:  hope there's no damage at the shack from all that snow  :-\

FH4.....safe travels  ;)

IFF.....sorry the new carb didn't fix the problem  :(  I have the same saw but (knock on wood) haven't had that issue yet so can't help you out  :-\

MrC....I have noticed more people wearing masks again in the stores around herem ;)

We got some snow yesterday afternoon/evening, then it warmed up and turned to rain/freezing rain overnight   ::)  now it's back to sloppy snow with a couple inches accumulation so far  :wacko:  just cleared the decks and front walk, boy is that stuff HEAVY  :pinch:  glad the lakes are still open water or we would have a real mess on the ice  :%$#!:

Made up a goodie bag of assorted treats for a friend that just found out he has lung cancer, sad news anytime but right before the holidays even sadder  :'( :'(

Think peanut butter balls are on the to do list today  ;)2

Have a good day. Saty safe, stay healthy.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #762 on: Dec 16, 2022, 09:51 AM »
On this day in 2020 this happened.
Good thing I was deathly ill with the Rona and didn't have to leave the house!!!!   ::)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #763 on: Dec 16, 2022, 12:50 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 36* here and snowing. Busy morning this morning. Me and Mr Dickens went and paid my wife’s excise bill. Then picked up my wife and got her new license which is a real id. She’s now shopping and then will head home. Hopefully the driveway will be plowed.

WallyWorld, Prayers for your friend. That was very nice of you. I think with our new Governor she’ll reintroduce the mask mandate.

Hunts2long, You should go and get checked out.

MasonEddie, Glad you’re getting plowed out. Not sure how much snow we’ll end up with.

Whopper Stopper, Thats a lot of snow at the shack.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #764 on: Dec 16, 2022, 08:22 PM »
The surgery went well and luckily the travel todaybwas only 20 miles to the next town. Tomorrow head the 120 miles one way to get the machine and then back, but gas is 2.19 to 2.29 a  gallon over there so filling all the stuff up with the gas cans and then refill them tomorrow at the cheaper gas, but gas here dropped down to 3.49 a gallon. But we are home and the wife is doing good and getting settled in. Oh and sold 17 dozen minnows but usually give a bit more than what the customer wants to just be fair and make sure everyone is happy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #765 on: Dec 16, 2022, 09:20 PM »
 Good evening just a light coating of snow on vehicles storm has been mostly rain. I may see more snow overnight as temperature drops into middle twenties. North and Northwest of me areas have received six inches or more of snow. Western section of my county has 3 to 6 inches of snow here in the Eastern section one inch or less. I hope those you in other areas did not receive large snow fall totals and have been able to keep up with the snow fall as you clear drive ways and walk ways,etc. of the snow.
Eddie hope there were not to many rounds of snow clearing for you today.
Zcm-82 may the colder weather build ice on smaller ponds by you so you can get out fishing before years end.
Whopper stopper may you get the snow cleared before it becomes like cement. I hope when you get to check on the shack you find everything in good shape.
Hunts2long might be wise to get a covid test just to put your and your wife's minds at ease.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read all went well with your wife's surgery . A good recovery wished for her. Congratulations on the minnow sales. i hope you were able to get your bait license without any problem . may you have a safe trip tomorrow.
Drifter is that a hole in ice or a pressure ridge . Keep safe if you have to be outside during those frigid temperatures and windchills.
Wallyworld I'm seeing similar here with regards to face masks. nice gesture with the treats for your friend . a good outcome wished for them.
Icefisher-45 mayyou wife have gotten home safely from shopping and the driveway plowed before she came home. glad she now has her new ,real ID driver's license. best to your state if the new governor reinstates the face mask mandate will not be popular with some folks.
Ice Wanderer hope you did not have to spend to many outside snow blowing walkways today with mealworm and his crew.

May everyone be good tonight and not to tired /sore from snow clearing. keep safe stay healthy.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #766 on: Dec 17, 2022, 03:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* and down to just flurries this am, high of 34 today. Winds have picked up to 10-20mph, looks like another 4-5” fell overnight waiting for me. My area was calling for 18-24” and suffice to say they were right in their parameters, my guesstimate is 20” anyway.

Steve…the Albany area was getting similar weather to start with rain/mix, higher elevations like my area was all snow. Round 4 coming up after some coffee!   ;D
  FH4…good news on your wife, glad it was a short trip! Safe travels today picking up the new machine!  :thumbsup: It’s amazing gas prices are that low out there…hopefully it drifts East soon!
  I-45…hope your snow stayed on the low side and the landlord took care of it!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…that appears to be a pressure ridge? Hopefully it’s not located on your path to the cabin… :thumbsup:
  Wally…sorry to read that about your friend, very sad news anytime. I’m sure your gift will bring a happy moment to him, well done and best wishes to him.  :bow:
  H2…believe your area had the same predictions as mine, hope the new snowblower performed well for you!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…we’re going to see similar weather here, and all that wet snow will be setting up soon, lol. Hope you got everything caught up yesterday and have relaxing day on today’s planner.   :thumbsup:
  Z…some of my local lakes had just skimmed over again before we got this storm…crossing fingers the wet snow load collapses what formed now, might check on that today. Will be looking forward to your reports soon, stay safe!  :tipup:
  Jeff…bet you all had a busy day yesterday and probably the same again today…hope the snow removal went well without issues and today’s cleanup goes the same…take er easy!   :thumbsup:

Daughter’s boyfriend came by yesterday morning with the plow just before I had gotten to the worst area where the Town plow leaves the snowbanks at the top of the driveway. That was a big plus and he pushed my snow banks back for me making plenty of room for the rest that was coming.  :thumbsup:
  Gearing up for Round 4 of snow blowing and looking forward to finishing up before the sunrises, lol…then I’m not doing much of anything the rest of the day physically.  ;D
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #767 on: Dec 17, 2022, 05:53 AM »
Morning all,

FH4.....great news on the surgery  :clap:  safe travels

H2L....hope you're feeling better today  ???

Eddie.....glad to hear your daughter's boyfriend got the end of the driveway cleared  :flex: 

IW.....hope you can get caught up on the jobs today  ;)

WS....any plans for a shack run  ???

We ended on the low side of the forecast, about 6" or so, had a few rounds of rain/freezing rain that kept the total down  :thumbsup: 

1 of 3 trays of pb balls

We have a little Christmas get together tonight with the bike club, making a sweet potato chili to take along  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #768 on: Dec 17, 2022, 06:17 AM »
31* and cloudy. Looks like the power took a hit during the night, had to re-set the clocks. Looks like we only got about 4 inches of snow. What I blew out of the driveway yesterday was heavy.

I am feeling better, think my chest is breaking up.

WW, the chili sounds good.

Everyone have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #769 on: Dec 17, 2022, 07:04 AM »
Well getting another round of minnows sold to one who bought some yesterday sounds like I sent th to the right spot to find some fish, will hear about it soon hopefully. Also sad news around here as some fell through on sxs. Well better get moving and getting fire started and all since we negative Temps this morning. Be safe everyone in the storms and be careful with the ice that will form from the rain sleet under the snow and have a great Saturday.

Here is the link for the SxS incident.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=390700.0

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #770 on: Dec 17, 2022, 07:05 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

17 degrees not going up very much today. Still looking at a big cool down mid week into next weekend.

All the 1-3" amounts of snow we received over and over the last 5 days ended up amounting to 15" here. Still a few people without power.

Eddie...Best of luck on round 4. Sounds like your daughters boyfriend is a keeper :thumbsup:

WW...So sorry to read about you friend, I bet your bag of treats brought a smile :thumbsup: The roads around the shack are still impassable so it will be a while before I head up there.

h2l...Good to read you are feeling better :thumbsup:

I am out the door for 1 more round of scraping. I got the routine down pretty well.

Hope you all have a good Saturday. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #771 on: Dec 17, 2022, 11:39 AM »
Good day 9:45 ers!! Busy day down here for us! My bil came over and we put in a new toilet and a new kitchen faucet! The old faucet was copper pipe right up to the faucet!! A lot of cutting along with new shut offs and it's in. Along with a number of highly technical terms we learned in the military ( :%$#!:) got the job completed!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #772 on: Dec 17, 2022, 04:39 PM »
Made it home with the new toy. Now to get everyone feeling better and healed up so we can use it. Took a spin through the foot of snow here and no bogging down just went through.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #773 on: Dec 17, 2022, 05:50 PM »
Greetings from Wisconsin arrived about 2 PM and got greeted to about 4 inch’s of crusted snow/ice on steps. Packages delivered, now time to unwind.

Eddie given the age of the saw and add dumb a** attack of not draining the ethanol type gas pretty sure bet it’s got some blockage,  will arm myself with a rebuild kit and clean it up right.  Lesson learned.

Jake was a real trooper on this trip.  I see a few shopping trips before years end ;). In my old stomping grounds. Check in some pawn shops never know might find a deal on a log splitter

Will check in tomorrow

Take care

Some skim in the area so will keep fingers crossed.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #774 on: Dec 17, 2022, 08:48 PM »
 Good evening  high of forty today felt colder with the 10 to 20 mph wind . paved surfaces dry after all the rain might be a few spots that are still wet and could get icy overnight. looking at the extended forecast another storm system is supposed to arrive late week next so will see what happens my area got lucky with this storm.
Eddie it appears areas close to the Hudson river saw less snow from the storm . The Cental and Western Catskill mountain  area received a foot of snow in some places. Glad your daughter's boyfriend arrived to clear end of your driveway that sees a bank from town plowing and pushed snow back so you have space when the next storm comes.
Wallyworld good to hear your snow total was on the low side . Have a good time at tonight's bike club Christmas party.
Hunts2long sounds like the new snow blower got a work out with the wet heavy snow. happy tp hear your feeling better.
fish/hunt4ever enjoy the new side by side vehicle .thank you for sharing the photos sad to read about the incident at Keyhole reservoir .
Whopper stopper may power be restored to all in your state. once you can get to your shack may you find it in good shape.
OldSailor good that your BIL was able to install the toilet and kitchen faucet.  Good thing both of you had the military training and new the proper technical terms to use while doing the work .  ;D
Ice Wanderer hope you were able to relax today and have recovered from the snow clean up work .

May everyone be in good shape after the storm. best to all hunting or fishing tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #775 on: Dec 17, 2022, 10:18 PM »
Evening and a good morning, as it could be by the time I share some of my thoughts. In Lieu of cooking. We ordered out everyone’s choice of oriental dishes for our supper. Before finishing with the meal, I received a call from a life long friends son with the sad news of his fathers passing. I was planning on visiting while on this trip, hoping to get in some ice fishing near his home in northern Wisconsin. Our friendship dates back to 1964 and included being in business together as a team that included the wife’s for a year, and several months after I returned to Colorado from Wisconsin.

What a flood of memories, he will greatly missed by his wife and family
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #776 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:10 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 24* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Bud...........My condolences to you and your friends family.  :(
                             Eddie.........Your daughter's boyfriend is a keeper. You luked out his showing up at the right time. :thumbsup:
                             Dave..........That picture sure looks like an pressure ridge to me, we get a lot of them on Lake George. :whistle:
                             Marv...........At least your snow was light and fluffy. :blink: I hope the power got restored up there. :flex:
                             H2l.............Someti mes being outside helps clean out what's causing your illness. :unsure: How did your new snow blower handle the wet snow. ???
                             Wally...........I hope you and Mr. WW got the snow removal done without any problems. :whistle:
                             Fish............That's a nice looking buggy, I hope you have some fun with it. :clap:
                             Steve..........At leat you didn't get the heavy wet snow that we got up here. :whistle: 
                             OS.............Good ol'e Navy language is a must getting projects done. :roflmao:
                             Well it was an interesting 2 days up here. Snow started sometime after 10 pm on Thursday and by my 4 am rise we had about 5" on the ground.
                So round #1 started for my place. The places that I had to do for my son didn't have enough, so he told me to go out around 1pm. I finished the route by
                5:30 pm. When I got home i had to do my drive way so I could pull in and turn the trailer and snow blower around. By that time it was 8 pm before I could
                eat dinner. When I woke yesterday morning we had another 6 to 7" to remove before I did the second round of the paying customers. I finished up at 1 pm.
                When I got home I had some clean up to do here, my wife cleaned her car off. The snow that was on my roof slid off and my walkway had a good 4 feet of
                packed snow on it. Did mentioned I measured 23" on the ground. We never lost power but it flickered a bunch of times, just long enough to have to reset
                the clocks. But our phone and internet was out. I was going to do my walkway and back deck today but my neighbor came over and said let's get it done.
                So we did and I'm glad we did because of the colder temps over night, it would have been a bear to do. Sorry for the long recap. Well at least I get to relax
                today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #777 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:34 AM »
Thank you Jeff, like so many of us, loosing someone that is so dear to us is never easy to take.  Also what a time of year to loose your job granddaughters husband was terminated from his job, yesterday as well.  And life goes on in this crazy world.

One bit of light at the end of last night happy to report the flasher battery is charged too 100% this morning, no need to go get a new one.
Peace to all
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #778 on: Dec 18, 2022, 05:41 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 25*, high of 31 today.

Bud…My Condolences to you and the family on the loss of your lifelong friend. Cherish the memories, may he Rest In Peace now. Sorry to read about your granddaughter’s husband losing his job also, best wishes sent their way for it being a short term setback and new employment soon to come.
  Jeff…you had a busy and strenuous few days with that wet heavy snow!  :flex:  Glad your neighbor stopped by and gave you a hand clearing the walkway, that had to be PITA among other places…good man!  :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Steve…its tough to say anything bad about our Town crew when it comes to snow removal..they were running non stop keeping up with the storm. Definitely lucked out with the daughters boyfriend coming when he did…saved me a ton of shoveling, literally!    ;D :thumbsup:
  FH4…thanks for sharing the pictures and congratulations on the new machine…SWEET!!  :clap:
  OS…glad to read the Navy cleared their guns on the plumbing project…well done fellas!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…hopefully the snow stays away for awhile now and you can get on some ice soon as well as check in on the Shack.  :thumbsup:  We were pretty fortunate here like Jeff’s area, power flickered a few times but we didn’t lose it like some in surrounding areas. Saw a few trees yesterday that snapped close by my place with near misses..we got lucky!
  H2…glad you’re starting to feel some relief! Best of luck to you and the team this evening on the lanes.  :thumbsup:
  Wally..hope you had an enjoyable evening with the get together! The treats had to be a big hit…I never heard of sweet potato chili, gonna have to look that one up!   :thumbsup:

Most of the family members will be stopping by today for dinner, making gingerbread houses and dressing up the tree with some of our old family ornaments that haven’t been displayed for quite a few years. Seems as the birds left the nest over the years some of the tradition left also…good time to bring it back.   ;D
  My son Mike scored a nice Doe yesterday morning with the muzzle loader. Had some difficulty with a fairly long drag through all that snow, forgot to throw his sled on the truck just in case but he got it done! Believe he may be out again this morning, last day of muzzle and then it opens again after Christmas with the extended season.
  Cawfee’s on…banana bread under the dome this morning!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #779 on: Dec 18, 2022, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, cherish the many memories from a life time of friendship  :'(  hope your granddaughter's husband can find a new job quickly  :unsure:

IW.....enjoy your day of rest today, you certainly earned it  :flex:  guessing watching some football will be on the planner  ;)

WS.....fingers crossed power has been restored to all, it's pretty cold to have to go w/o power for long  :pinch:

OS.....glad the install is done, that military training sure comes in handy even in civilian life  :woot:

H2L....hoping the cough is continuing to improve  ;)

Eddie.....sounds like a great day ahead, enjoy  :thumbsup: congrats to your son on the doe  :flex:  doesn't the season go until Tuesday the 20th  ??? did your jelly set up yet  ???

FH4.....nice looking sxs  :thumbsup:  always sad to hear of somone going thru the ice  :(

The sweet potato chili was a hit, wasn't much left by the evening's end  :clap:  even the skeptics chowed down after thr first taste  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.