Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698887 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #9360 on: Feb 01, 2022, 05:27 PM »
Glad I jumped on this on Saturday! Says unavailable now. Couldn’t pass this up for $119!  @)

Used the bottom half of that auger for 2 or more seasons ..mine came with a side handle/extension..but never used it and mounted it on a Clam Plate/ Clam extension. I am curious how well that drill holder works and if it is cumbersome or awkward at all to use.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9362 on: Feb 01, 2022, 09:36 PM »

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That’s why they call it fishing.
« Reply #9363 on: Feb 01, 2022, 10:25 PM »

Offline laker5911

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9364 on: Feb 02, 2022, 12:26 AM »

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9365 on: Feb 02, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Hope it’s good. Mine will be here on Saturday.

Good luck not a brand I would but nor when it's brand new to the market. Hope it works out.for ya
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9366 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:17 AM »
badbrad2186..would not be my first choice but HD has a pretty good return policy ..keep your receipt

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-40-Volt-HP-Ice-Auger-with-8-in-Bit-and-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-RY40712VNM/318428403

laker5911  good luck with your purchase
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9368 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:40 AM »
$109  w/ code 2pk Milwaukee 2pk CP 3ah batteries ..great size and power for ice anchor instillation and LED light set up

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200750788_200750788

Use code  278109 for $20 off..this code works with other items as well

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9369 on: Feb 02, 2022, 01:21 PM »
Used the bottom half of that auger for 2 or more seasons ..mine came with a side handle/extension..but never used it and mounted it on a Clam Plate/ Clam extension. I am curious how well that drill holder works and if it is cumbersome or awkward at all to use.

I was actually planning to use just the bottom part of it also, since my Milwaukee Fuel drill has a side handle.
Where's the FISH?!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9370 on: Feb 02, 2022, 02:30 PM »
I was actually planning to use just the bottom part of it also, since my Milwaukee Fuel drill has a side handle.

OK good luck w/your purchase ..also SM Mora blades should bolt right to them .

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That’s why they call it fishing.
« Reply #9371 on: Feb 02, 2022, 05:02 PM »

Good luck not a brand I would but nor when it's brand new to the market. Hope it works out.for ya

The identical post hole digger has great reviews; I would think ice easier to go through than dirt assuming the blades are razor sharp.  Agree, HD returns no questions asked.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
<===Lefty===

Offline TheStretch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9375 on: Feb 03, 2022, 11:51 AM »
$109  w/ code 2pk Milwaukee 2pk CP 3ah batteries ..great size and power for ice anchor instillation and LED light set up

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200750788_200750788

Use code  278109 for $20 off..this code works with other items as well

I just picked these up a couple weeks ago (always right before they  go on sale), and they will run an 8" pistol bit no problem in the 12" of hard clear ice we've had so far with my 2706. They are half the weight of my 9ah batteries, so they make a killer light weight combo with the pistol bit.

I punched maybe 15 holes through 10+" with one bar battery drop, so way less than a 9ah, but more than enough for  most of my outings. Bringing a spare covers just about all the conditions I encounter.

Offline dan.houston89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9376 on: Feb 03, 2022, 01:23 PM »
Just bought a 24V Kobalt Drill from Lowes.  $99 with an extra battery.  5 year warranty on the drill and 3 years on the battery.  So far been able to drill 22 holes with the drill sitting outside in the cold.  I use an 8" Strikemaster Lite Flight.  Love this set-up.  Probably get more with the battery kept warm.  Highly recommend this drill and the batteries are only $65 for the spares.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Kobalt-24-Volt-1-2-in-Brushless-Drill-Driver-2-Battery-Kit-2-0Ah-4-0Ah-45W/5001595941

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9377 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:10 PM »
OK good luck w/your purchase ..also SM Mora blades should bolt right to them .

Thanks diehard! Just unboxed it and I think you may be right about the blades. (Another “plus!” 😎)

After giving it the once over, I’m gonna try using it with the side handle it came with just in case it should ever come loose from the chuck.

Where's the FISH?!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9378 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:31 PM »
Nice.ive been running the ht edrill going on 2 season.so smooth all the way thru the ice.i have it on a clam plate but theres no need for that.no jarring or jerking like my mora 8" bit.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9379 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:16 AM »
Nice.ive been running the ht edrill going on 2 season.so smooth all the way thru the ice.i have it on a clam plate but theres no need for that.no jarring or jerking like my mora 8" bit.

Glad to hear it! 😎
Where's the FISH?!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9380 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:39 AM »
Thanks diehard! Just unboxed it and I think you may be right about the blades. (Another “plus!” 😎)

After giving it the once over, I’m gonna try using it with the side handle it came with just in case it should ever come loose from the chuck.

It really is a good drill ..still super curious about that drill cradle. Only other thing I will tell you to do is loosen the blade bolts and retighten them evenly ..these things a slammed together in China ..Blue Loctite on the wing nut is a good idea as well. Also adding a ball bungee to the blade cover is very nice ..just drill a hole below the slot/notch for the rubber strap ..snake the bungee EZPZ ..stole that trick from Eskimo/ION blade cover ..you may have to shorten the cord length a tad

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9381 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:00 AM »

I don't know if it is the ring, the blade sharpening angle, or the composite flights that are slightly smaller diameter than the blade diameter, but the Pistol Bit I replaced my Lazer with is the same: Smooth and easy turning. It is a 6 inch, (up from 5 inch), and I don't need the extra handle to hold it, and can use my smaller batteries now. I know you can adapt a hand auger for less, but there is no comparison with the modern bits designed to be used with a drill.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9382 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:04 AM »
I think the centerpoint keeps it from skating,the break through ring keeps it from jarring at break thru and the flights and ring keep from the whole setup pulling me to the ice lol. So far the ht edrill is worth every penny over my mora.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9383 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:10 AM »
https://www.acmetools.com/

Save 20% on Milwaukee Kits with $25 Milwaukee Accessory Purchase
Purchase $25 in select Milwaukee Accessories or Hand Tools and Save 20% on Select Milwaukee Cordless Kits. Discount will automatically be applied to qualifying orders. Expires April 30, 2022. Batteries, Chargers, and Storage items do not qualify towards $25 order. Limit 1 20% discount per order. See full list of qualifying items.

Looks like you can add up to $25 dollars unlike in the past

https://www.acmetools.com/m18-fuel-1-2-in-drill-driver-kit-2803-22/045242002313.html

https://www.acmetools.com/milwaukee-m18-fuel-1-2in-hammer-drill-kit-2804-22/045242002337.html

https://www.acmetools.com/milwaukee/screwdriving-bits/

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9384 on: Feb 04, 2022, 11:40 AM »
never noticed this before.....BPS/Cabella's price match policy?

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9385 on: Feb 04, 2022, 03:15 PM »
It looks to be only on the Helix 5 if anyone is looking.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline ChrisL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9387 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:55 AM »
Garmin 73sv for $499

It has an "older" UHD transducer, not the most current one.

They also have the 93sv for $699

https://www.scheels.com/p/garmin-echomap-uhd-73sv-with-gt54-transducer/75375924157.html#q=73sv&lang=en_US&start=1

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9388 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:24 PM »
Sportsman's guide is having a sale on ice fishing clothing and some boots. Sizes and color options are limited on some items. prices listed are good until 11:59 PM 9 CST) on Feb.11th.
Hope this helps someone.
   Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.