Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698741 times)

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8850 on: Nov 12, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Fleet farm has released its Black Friday Ad

https://www.fleetfarm.com/sitewide/weeklyAd.jsp?flyer_run_id=698355&flyer_type_name=publication

Some of the deals

K-Drill 7.5 inch 159.95
Clam Kenai Pro Thermal $329.99
Clam Plate $59.99
Otter MediumSport Sled $39.99
Clam c-560 Hub Shelter $249.99
BeaverDam TIps ups $27.99

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8851 on: Nov 12, 2021, 08:05 AM »
This discussion is costing me a fortune but I love it.

So, I ordered this IconX vest from Scheels and it arrived in just 2 days. Fabulous deal and it works great while sitting in my tree stand. I also got the spare battery. Wow was it nice on the medium setting and my back, lower back and chest stayed toasty warm in the morning chill. I wore it over my Under Armor base layer and fell in love. I never needed the spare battery today but once it gets a lot colder, a few weeks from now, it will be good to have and there is a pouch for the spare sewed into the vest.

Here is my advice. I am 180 pounds, 5' 10 inches with a size 34 waist. I got the size Large vest and it is pretty snug fitting for me. I just ordered the same vest in a size XL and the size large one will fit my wife a little better. I can't tell just how long the heat will last just yet but for 3 hours this morning while in a tree and with it on medium it was a pleasure to be warm in all the right places. Sitting out on the ice I will say this is a MUST HAVE for those who feel the cold.

Mine comes today and now I'm nervous about the size. I'm 6', 195 and have a 38 inch waist and i ordered a large as well. I read through the reviews and there was one from someone my size who ordered an XL and it was too big. Scheels is good to deal with so I'm hoping I can exchange it.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8852 on: Nov 12, 2021, 08:28 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8853 on: Nov 12, 2021, 08:31 AM »
Scheels has a fabulous shipping department so I should have both the large and the XL here this week. If I had to guess, you will be sending yours back for the XL. I can and will wear the large one but I hope the XL will be just about perfect. I do believe they should fit snugly to keep the heat elements against your body. I ice fish from a nice pop up shanty and probably won't need this vest on most fishing days. It sure is a sweet addition to my hunting gear while sitting for hours in a tree stand. The medium heat setting was all I needed yesterday when it was right around 30 degrees and not real windy. I also just got a pair of Global Vision electric warm sox and they sure did help with keeping my feet warm.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8854 on: Nov 12, 2021, 08:44 AM »
This may be a deal for Dewalt fans in the platform... DCD996B ..with free 5ah battery $199 free ship code FSNOV79

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/dewalt-20v-max-xr-lithium-ion-cordless-brushless-3-speed-hammerdrill-bare-tool/0000000278686
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8855 on: Nov 12, 2021, 09:03 AM »
Fleet farm has released its Black Friday Ad

https://www.fleetfarm.com/sitewide/weeklyAd.jsp?flyer_run_id=698355&flyer_type_name=publication

Some of the deals

K-Drill 7.5 inch 159.95
Clam Kenai Pro Thermal $329.99
Clam Plate $59.99
Otter MediumSport Sled $39.99
Clam c-560 Hub Shelter $249.99
BeaverDam TIps ups $27.99

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't really see any of these prices or items in the ad you linked?

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8856 on: Nov 12, 2021, 10:09 AM »
Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't really see any of these prices or items in the ad you linked?

https://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/FleetFarm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8857 on: Nov 12, 2021, 10:23 AM »
https://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/FleetFarm

Go to Mills Fleet Farm ...look under weekly ads ..there is a bunch ..with dates when they are active ..some are live now others start later ...

https://www.fleetfarm.com/sitewide/weeklyAd.jsp

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8858 on: Nov 12, 2021, 10:37 AM »
Mine comes today and now I'm nervous about the size. I'm 6', 195 and have a 38 inch waist and i ordered a large as well. I read through the reviews and there was one from someone my size who ordered an XL and it was too big. Scheels is good to deal with so I'm hoping I can exchange it.

I'm ready to order, but can't decide which size. I'm 6'4", 210#

Offline SoxFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8859 on: Nov 12, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Nils USA Cordless Convertible 6" Auger - Limted Edition $99 use code VETSCOUNT to receive an additional 20% off through 11/12.

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/fishing-marine/ice-fishing/augers-chisels/nils-usa-cordless-convertible-6-auger---limted-edition-14412.html?cgid=0#q=nils&lang=default&start=1

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8861 on: Nov 12, 2021, 11:08 AM »
I'm ready to order, but can't decide which size. I'm 6'4", 210#

I won't know until this week when my XL arrives but I would absolutely say to go with at least XL given my size Large is pretty tight on me at 5' 10" 180 pounds and 34 waist.

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8862 on: Nov 12, 2021, 11:11 AM »
Nils USA Cordless Convertible 6" Auger - Limted Edition $99 use code VETSCOUNT to receive an additional 20% off throug 11/12.

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/fishing-marine/ice-fishing/augers-chisels/nils-usa-cordless-convertible-6-auger---limted-edition-14412.html?cgid=0#q=nils&lang=default&start=1

ordered. because well why not

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8863 on: Nov 12, 2021, 11:21 AM »
I won't know until this week when my XL arrives but I would absolutely say to go with at least XL given my size Large is pretty tight on me at 5' 10" 180 pounds and 34 waist.

Oh well, I ordered a large. Scheels has easy returns/exchanges.

Offline fishchef

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8864 on: Nov 12, 2021, 11:24 AM »
Fleet Farm Black Friday sales kick in Tuesday 11/23 at 8:00 p.m. online for Fleet Members and then Wednesday 11/24 at 8:00 p.m. online for everyone:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/sitewide/weeklyAd.jsp?flyer_run_id=698300&flyer_type_name=publication&trk_msg=2P21RV3Q6G04DAK34NVF0GL3SC&trk_contact=T0ID5M7GTKRF20LU3A5I95DIR0&trk_sid=G2MS1JVGHNLVULQQIHK61MHLCS&trk_link=B0KFSKQUFSDK19U4HHHRM75IBC&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Black+Friday+Ad+Image&utm_campaign=weeklyad111221&utm_content=111221

Significant discounts on Striker Trekker jacket/bibs (page 6), Clam Plate, Clam Kenai Pro Thermal, Beaver Dams, etc. (page 7), Big Buddy (page 8). 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8865 on: Nov 12, 2021, 11:30 AM »
OK there may be a  glitch of some sort with Walmart ..before you place the Heater in your  cart...make sure to choose a store that does not have it in stock ..it seems to work well after that for ship to home .

Fleet Farm Black Friday sales kick in Tuesday 11/23 at 8:00 p.m. online for Fleet Members and then Wednesday 11/24 at 8:00 p.m. online for everyone:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/sitewide/weeklyAd.jsp?flyer_run_id=698300&flyer_type_name=publication&trk_msg=2P21RV3Q6G04DAK34NVF0GL3SC&trk_contact=T0ID5M7GTKRF20LU3A5I95DIR0&trk_sid=G2MS1JVGHNLVULQQIHK61MHLCS&trk_link=B0KFSKQUFSDK19U4HHHRM75IBC&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Black+Friday+Ad+Image&utm_campaign=weeklyad111221&utm_content=111221

Significant discounts on Striker Trekker jacket/bibs (page 6), Clam Plate, Clam Kenai Pro Thermal, Beaver Dams, etc. (page 7), Big Buddy (page 8)

On the Big Buddy Heater above not seeing the fan included..if it is that quite a bargin.

Looks like Lowes has the Big Buddy with the FAN

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tough-Buddy-18000-BTU-Portable-Radiant-Propane-Heater/3011768

They may price match with Walmart (link below)...and may give a Veterans discount

https://www.walmart.com/ip/18-000-BTU-Portable-Radiant-Big-Buddy-Propane-Heater/19398780   $109

Only snag is the NAME..Tough Buddy ...Lowes may bark if its not exactly the same

Note on the Walmart site I watched this go in and out of stock.. to ship the last couple days ..and fluctuating in availability in my area stores ..its wonky ..suggest you throw it in your cart . and pounce when its available or visit your Local Walmart if available..take a picture/screen shot to verify with Customer service ..Keep the link handy as well.

this Picture is from the  Walmart site and it matches the one on the box I just received from Walmart..fan works upon testing (had to scavenger hunt for D cell batteries in my casa  :laugh:)

also fan included logo was imprinted on the box not an affixed sticker

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8866 on: Nov 12, 2021, 11:54 AM »
Dosent seem to cost any thing to be a Fleet Member if the free ship code holds up FSNOV79 some of them deals cant be beat

https://www.fleetfarm.com/c/fleet-rewards

I had an account years ago ..apparently deactivated for some reason ..just signed up again .

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8867 on: Nov 12, 2021, 12:00 PM »
Last year when I bought my big buddy with the fan there was some questions about the fans being discontinued. Some said that a few states outlawed the fans while others said the fans themselves were either too expensive or out of stock by the fan suppliers. My Lowe's and HD had the heaters but only the ones without the fans and I could not find a fan one anywhere reasonably priced online. The ACE store in Liberty had 2 with the fans, left overs from old stock but still at full price and no deals. I found mine in a private sale from a guy who got it as a gift and never used it. The fan works great but here is a fair warning. Mr. Heater sells a wall transformer to run the fan at home without the batteries. I bought one but others told me they could fry the fan because they have too much voltage. I checked mine and sure enough it was twice the voltage the batteries run the fan on so I never used it. I just don't want the fan toasted.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8868 on: Nov 12, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Last year when I bought my big buddy with the fan there was some questions about the fans being discontinued. Some said that a few states outlawed the fans while others said the fans themselves were either too expensive or out of stock by the fan suppliers. My Lowe's and HD had the heaters but only the ones without the fans and I could not find a fan one anywhere reasonably priced online. The ACE store in Liberty had 2 with the fans, left overs from old stock but still at full price and no deals. I found mine in a private sale from a guy who got it as a gift and never used it. The fan works great but here is a fair warning. Mr. Heater sells a wall transformer to run the fan at home without the batteries. I bought one but others told me they could fry the fan because they have too much voltage. I checked mine and sure enough it was twice the voltage the batteries run the fan on so I never used it. I just don't want the fan toasted.

Im going to reengineer the fan to run via a USB connection ....if I can figure out how to do that I will post something. 

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8869 on: Nov 12, 2021, 12:25 PM »
Im going to reengineer the fan to run via a USB connection ....if I can figure out how to do that I will post something.

Peltier diode will generate electricity. It's what the fire place fans run off of.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8870 on: Nov 12, 2021, 12:37 PM »

That should be pretty simple. I think the fan takes 4 D cell batteries or 6 Volts. Just find a power source between 5-7 volts and splice the wire to the pin plug from a USB cable. I checked the power transformer from Mr. Heater and it was pushing 11.7 volts to the fan. I am not an electrical wizard but I do think motors like these tiny fans can run on some variations of voltages to a degree

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8871 on: Nov 12, 2021, 12:57 PM »
That should be pretty simple. I think the fan takes 4 D cell batteries or 6 Volts. Just find a power source between 5-7 volts and splice the wire to the pin plug from a USB cable. I checked the power transformer from Mr. Heater and it was pushing 11.7 volts to the fan. I am not an electrical wizard but I do think motors like these tiny fans can run on some variations of voltages to a degree

I got a knock off Milwaukee power source via Amazon ....some USB power banks etc ..gonna fiddle with them . I also have a Milwaukee Job Site fan for them brutal days in February...also found a $10 USB fan at Dollar General ..its only one speed but made of medal but its small ..if I could find a similar 2-3 speed USB fan in a size/composition that would be ideal ...and I wouldn't fuss with Mr Heater at all

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8872 on: Nov 12, 2021, 01:00 PM »
I got a knock off Milwaukee power source via Amazon ....some USB power banks etc ..gonna fiddle with them . I also have a Milwaukee Job Site fan for them brutal days in February...also found a $10 USB fan at Dollar General ..its only one speed but made of medal but its small ..if I could find a similar 2-3 speed USB fan in a size/composition that would be ideal ...and I wouldn't fuss with Mr Heater at all

I was under the impression your big buddy had the fan in it. Sorry

Offline CmdrSims

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8873 on: Nov 12, 2021, 01:24 PM »
These utility boxes sold out almost everywhere last season, they are simply incredible!
https://www.fishusa.com/Rapala-Jig-Boxes ............... 

FishUSA offers discounts for veterans and first responders & i would imagine will have great ice fishing deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

I'll post more deals here as they come!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8874 on: Nov 12, 2021, 01:53 PM »
I was under the impression your big buddy had the fan in it. Sorry

It does have the fan ..but I want some more air circulation so looking for better options with EZPZ portability... and leave the Job Site fan at home .

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8875 on: Nov 12, 2021, 03:11 PM »

Post a picture of the specs of the Power supply - Electrical Tech here.

They are usually on the back

SHould have VDC and and AMP rating.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8876 on: Nov 12, 2021, 03:53 PM »

Found this on line

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8877 on: Nov 12, 2021, 04:00 PM »

This is the Mr. Heater wall adaptor for the fan. I know, it says 6 V/800 mA but with my Fluke meter it measures 11.7 V DC output.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8878 on: Nov 12, 2021, 06:54 PM »
I took mine apart & wired it to run off a vex battery, the cable stores in the battery compartment out of the way.  ;)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8879 on: Nov 13, 2021, 05:44 AM »
Scheels has a fabulous shipping department so I should have both the large and the XL here this week. If I had to guess, you will be sending yours back for the XL. I can and will wear the large one but I hope the XL will be just about perfect. I do believe they should fit snugly to keep the heat elements against your body. I ice fish from a nice pop up shanty and probably won't need this vest on most fishing days. It sure is a sweet addition to my hunting gear while sitting for hours in a tree stand. The medium heat setting was all I needed yesterday when it was right around 30 degrees and not real windy. I also just got a pair of Global Vision electric warm sox and they sure did help with keeping my feet warm.

Turns out the large is perfect. I’m in a tree right now with it on low.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.