Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699034 times)

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5760 on: Nov 05, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Just called them, not very impressed. They are still selling them at that price btw. They told me they haven't got any in yet so they have none to send. I understand when there are price mistakes, but this is hardly that......my cc was charged too and order just says processing......it never mentioned not in stock or anything like that.......

I never ordered from them, and at this level they aren't convincing me......but I guess the price seemed great.

Thanks for the update mboss. 

The price on the XL jackets went from 79 to 89 to 99 and now are not listed, so they likely had a certain number allotted to them in each size.  It was less than a week ago the sale started, and as someone said these will probably ship directly from Eskimo/Arisdam instead of Marine General.  Would hope this still works out, but with a third party sale clearance item like this it may take a while...

Wonder how their regular stock item orders are processed and shipped? I don't recall any complaints about them.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5761 on: Nov 06, 2019, 09:39 AM »
Got my Eskimo Lockout Jacket from Marine General that I ordered Thursday. Must have been delivered by Spee-Dee delivery yesterday sometime because it was there at 7:30 this morning and had snow on it.  It was left outside the basement/garage door - the usual dump and run delivery method that all carriers use...  Fast service from Marine General.

The jacket looks good and it's a STEAL for only $89! 

Thanks again to Deal Ninja for posting this!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5762 on: Nov 06, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Thanks for the update mboss. 

The price on the XL jackets went from 79 to 89 to 99 and now are not listed, so they likely had a certain number allotted to them in each size.  It was less than a week ago the sale started, and as someone said these will probably ship directly from Eskimo/Arisdam instead of Marine General.  Would hope this still works out, but with a third party sale clearance item like this it may take a while...

Wonder how their regular stock item orders are processed and shipped? I don't recall any complaints about them.

Were the XL ever $79 though...I thought only $89 to begin with....either way great deal if they arrive at that price....if it don't fit right it should be an easy sale at $100 locally.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5763 on: Nov 06, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Were the XL ever $79 though...I thought only $89 to begin with....either way great deal if they arrive at that price....if it don't fit right it should be an easy sale at $100 locally.

They were $79 Thursday morning, but went up to $89 within an hour or so of when I got around to ordering-probably the fast selling size.  Seems like a nice jacket and fits well.  I'm 6'4" and about 210, and ordered XL to get extra body and sleeve length.  There's some room for layers and more belly as needed!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5764 on: Nov 06, 2019, 12:13 PM »
This deal is worth repeating ...my experience with Black Friday tool/drill deals are Under powered low with AH batteries ..I have been keeping tabs on the Milwaukee drills for deal and this one is hard to beat ..plus a tried and tested product ..make sur you use promo code TCB10 at check out for an addition $10 off

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1138238-milwaukee-2804-22-m18-fuel-18v-lithium-ion-1-2-hammer-drill-kit-with-charger-and-case.html

100 off Milwaukee 2804-22 when you buy a qualifying accessory. If you get the cheapest accessory it comes out to about $80 off, which is a pretty decent deal
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5765 on: Nov 06, 2019, 12:32 PM »
This deal is worth repeating ...my experience with Black Friday tool/drill deals are Under powered low with AH batteries ..I have been keeping tabs on the Milwaukee drills for deal and this one is hard to beat ..plus a tried and tested product ..make sur you use promo code TCB10 at check out for an addition $10 off
Thanks for doing the research and giving us a heads up.  This looks like what I'm looking for....plus 2 batteries to boot.  Hope it works well.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline PikePetersen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5766 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Northern Tool has 3x 5ah batteries with the drill for $279.00 - Deal of the day

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5767 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:14 PM »

I've ordered a few times from Marine General in the past, two of those orders were big ticket items (flipovers). I'd get the "thanks for ordering" email and then nothing... and the package would show up a few days later. Always delivered by Spee-Dee too.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5768 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Northern Tool has 3x 5ah batteries with the drill for $279.00 - Deal of the day

Its the 2803 model

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200773840_200773840
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5769 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:27 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5770 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:31 PM »
Not a hammer drill, or doesn't that matter?

Not really still 1200 in/lbs torque  ..just making members aware of the model as opposed to my previous post 2804 .

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5771 on: Nov 06, 2019, 01:39 PM »
15 off 75 or more on day only till midnight  tonight at fishusa.com Use cupon code: "fall15" at check out.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5773 on: Nov 06, 2019, 02:14 PM »
I've ordered a few times from Marine General in the past, two of those orders were big ticket items (flipovers). I'd get the "thanks for ordering" email and then nothing... and the package would show up a few days later. Always delivered by Spee-Dee too.

Just called them, they expect a shipment tomorrow and will send them out then....really wish there was a deal on the bibs too.....looking at Amazon the time to buy those was around July, they were under $100 then. Would be nice to have a matching set.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5774 on: Nov 06, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Just called them, they expect a shipment tomorrow and will send them out then....really wish there was a deal on the bibs too.....looking at Amazon the time to buy those was around July, they were under $100 then. Would be nice to have a matching set.

Not with the Eskimo name on them, but Striker Trekker Bibs (the Eskimo Lockout series is a rebranded Striker Trekker) for $135.99 almost 30% off and free shipping!

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/ice-fishing-bibs/striker-ice-trekker-bib.html

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5775 on: Nov 06, 2019, 06:07 PM »

I waited and missed that one, got in when the bibs were $109 in September, still a good price I thought.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5776 on: Nov 06, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Got my jacket today, ordered on Friday last week. I'm 5'9" 180lb. Ordered the large. Initial quality seems great, feels durable. A little stiff, I believe due to sureflote material. Hoping it will loosen a bit. Sleeves are a little long but can manage.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5777 on: Nov 06, 2019, 06:49 PM »
I placed my order with Amped Outdoors.  Got my code and have a battery coming for my new FLX20.   ;D
<br />

Offline Bump19056

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5778 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Anyone know of any deals on hand augers? Best I could find was a 6inch, Eskimo for $40 from Home Depot, free ship to store, just wondering if anyone knows of anything else out there?

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5779 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Anyone know of any deals on hand augers? Best I could find was a 6inch, Eskimo for $40 from Home Depot, free ship to store, just wondering if anyone knows of anything else out there?
What is your budget?

Offline Bump19056

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5780 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:44 PM »
I don't get out enough and we don't get a lot of ice in my area of Pennsylvania to spend a lot, just looking for cheap deals, $40 was the lowest price I found...

Offline Grillking26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5781 on: Nov 06, 2019, 11:06 PM »
could be an ice deal/open water deal...don’t know how to post a link but Mudhole.com has their Mudhole brand spinning reel for $7.49 and free shipping. Just go to mudhole.com and search for “cb2200”. Disclaimer: never used it, no idea about the quality but at $7.49...

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5782 on: Nov 07, 2019, 07:51 AM »
Runnings has XL and 2XL Eskimo lockout bibs to assist you guys for $110...  I could use Medium....

https://www.runnings.com/eskimo-lockout-bib-27624.html

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5783 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Runnings has XL and 2XL Eskimo lockout bibs to assist you guys for $110...  I could use Medium....

https://www.runnings.com/eskimo-lockout-bib-27624.html

Nice, but they won't let me pick up at my local store...BS, their website is probably the worst I've seen since dial-up internet.....still awesome price if you can pick up, otherwise shipping kind of kills the deal. I might try calling them and see why I can't pick up locally.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5784 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:36 AM »
Nice, but they won't let me pick up at my local store...BS, their website is probably the worst I've seen since dial-up internet.....still awesome price if you can pick up, otherwise shipping kind of kills the deal. I might try calling them and see why I can't pick up locally.

Just walk in the store and tell them you want them at same price yo uh can buy them on ther website or the store may not sell them in brick and mortar stores
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5785 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:38 AM »

I got a 5 inch Lazer I'd make ya a killer deal on has a brand new set of blades on it I switched over to a mora powered by a drill no more hand cutting for this guy
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5786 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:41 AM »

Just walk in the store and tell them you want them at same price yo uh can buy them on ther website or the store may not sell them in brick and mortar stores

They don't have any inventory in my local store, hence why they won't let me pick up as they won't ship to store. You'd have to find the actual stores that still have these discontinued models. Their website is such garbage, I just tried ordering with multiple credit cards getting told every time that the card is invalid.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5787 on: Nov 07, 2019, 09:15 AM »

The thing I noticed about the Brookings Runnings is they do not have end of the year sales.  I saw workers taking all the leftover ice fishing stuff and putting it in totes, I said is that on sale?  Nope, they just put it in the warehouse until next year.  That has to cost a lot to store and hold that much merchandise from year to year. 

You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5788 on: Nov 07, 2019, 09:18 AM »
The thing I noticed about the Brookings Runnings is they do not have end of the year sales.  I saw workers taking all the leftover ice fishing stuff and putting it in totes, I said is that on sale?  Nope, they just put it in the warehouse until next year.  That has to cost a lot to store and hold that much merchandise from year to year.

They are an interesting company, with prices higher than cabela's, but they are fair and polite. Most of their employees are lifers, and their target customer group (farmers) have the money and aren't the traditional bargain hunters. I tried calling them to see what could be done since I can't even place an order online.....someone is supposed to call me back...we'll see

they do sell fresh live bait year round.....that's about all I buy there, and lumberjack pellets

Offline XN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5789 on: Nov 07, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Not Joe's and Joe's has the auger for $199 on their site....so not much to match it to. They will match in store if you can prove a retailer sells it for less within 100 miles.....to get BEST ICE DEAL with Cabela's one needs to first stock up on gift cards (10%-20% off), then use a cashback portal (at least 12% off like is going on right now) and then price match online. Beats paying more anywhere else....not to mention Cabela's will make it right to you if you have any issues. A decent store....used to be great before BPS took over.

FYI joes has great instore sales but zip online

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.