Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698908 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #4080 on: Dec 04, 2018, 09:13 PM »
How long does this deal last for?

Not sure, I think it said while supplies last...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4081 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:20 PM »
I know I missed out on the $25 gift card but the store gave me the $10 gift card on top of 30% and I got to walk out the store with it today. Will make a great gift that I would’ve never been able to afford otherwise. This thread is the bomb!

Which Gander did you go to? Ordered the FLX-20 online, but would just go to the store and grab one to make sure I get it.

Offline walleyhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4082 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:55 PM »
none of these gander/overton codes work for me on either of their sites.

Agreed same here :(

Offline gofishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4083 on: Dec 05, 2018, 06:56 AM »
Sportsman's Guide has buy $50 get a $25 gift card today. Use code SG3165 at checkout.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #4084 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Anyone else struggling to get the quantum reel deal on FishUSA? Looks like they must have ended it

Offline paguy15545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4085 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Anyone else struggling to get the quantum reel deal on FishUSA? Looks like they must have ended it

they do daily deals and that was one of them

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4086 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:05 AM »
The deal is down the road!

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4087 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:46 AM »
A few good ones from Cabela’s.

Inferno boots $60 off for  $99

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2498569&type=product

Buddy heater $20 off for $80
https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=716005&type=product

Garmin’s Are on sale as well

$200 off the Montana
$150 off the 64st

https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=405159480

Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4088 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:28 PM »
I'm not sure why you would buy a dedicated GPS anymore now that most cell phones have built in GPS and Navionica as well as topos are avail quite cheaply.

Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4089 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:29 PM »
I'm not sure why you would buy a dedicated GPS anymore now that most cell phones have built in GPS and Navionica as well as topos are avail quite cheaply.

I don't want to use my phone when I'm hiking. My gps gets about 14-16hours on aa batteries, which are easy enough replace. My phone certainly won't last that long.

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4090 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Depending on your location a phone could lose signal. Where a dedicated GPS won't.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4091 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:41 PM »
X2

I never have cell signal where I fish.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4092 on: Dec 05, 2018, 06:01 PM »
The phone doesn't require service for the GPS to work. 

A handheld GPS is better for plotting a course in the backcountry IMO.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4093 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:36 PM »
The phone doesn't require service for the GPS to work. 

This is true. But you will may need the map or whatever downloaded a head of time.  Helpful in Canada when you have your service turned off.

Offline Fishwacker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4094 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Well folks- it’s starting. I received the dreaded telephone call from Gander Outdoors saying they must cancel the vexilar order that I placed online using the 30% off coupon.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4095 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:45 PM »
Well folks- it’s starting. I received the dreaded telephone call from Gander Outdoors saying they must cancel the vexilar order that I placed online using the 30% off coupon.
great I’ll probably get the call too.why the cancellation on the order?

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4096 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:15 PM »
It doesn't surprise me with Gander

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #4097 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Where do you find the fish USA deals?

I’m very upset with myself that I missed the reel deal. I don’t want to be left out again.

Offline paguy15545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4098 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Where do you find the fish USA deals?

I’m very upset with myself that I missed the reel deal. I don’t want to be left out again.

Front page of Fishusa.com  and sign up for emails on the same page ;D

Offline hawkfan24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4099 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:34 PM »

I did as well. I ordered the FLX28. I would not accept their resolution over the phone and requested an email with further explanation. I attempted to call the number back who called me and the message was that Overton’s customer service closes at 5pm, which is eastern time zone. I attempted to call the general customer service number around 8pm, was on hold for several minutes and was disconnected. I will be on the phone in the morning for sure. He claimed they would send me the $25 gift card that was to come in the order and either 30% off an item or another $25 gift card. Their explanation was that Vexilar will not allow them to sell an item lower than the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP). When I challenged this he basically kept to the script, which I understand and it’s not this poor guys fault. He said they have to cancel over 100 orders.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #4100 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:36 PM »
Front page of Fishusa.com  and sign up for emails on the same page ;D

Thank you. Hope some new good deals come through soon!

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4101 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:42 PM »
This is true. But you will may need the map or whatever downloaded a head of time.  Helpful in Canada when you have your service turned off.
 .If you have an iPhone you already have Find Friends,which shows say pic. If not, Gaia has sat pix with tracking for about $20.
I have a free app called Canada Topo that has sat pix as well. Prob similar app avail for the US.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4102 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:19 PM »
I did as well. I ordered the FLX28. I would not accept their resolution over the phone and requested an email with further explanation. I attempted to call the number back who called me and the message was that Overton’s customer service closes at 5pm, which is eastern time zone. I attempted to call the general customer service number around 8pm, was on hold for several minutes and was disconnected. I will be on the phone in the morning for sure. He claimed they would send me the $25 gift card that was to come in the order and either 30% off an item or another $25 gift card. Their explanation was that Vexilar will not allow them to sell an item lower than the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP). When I challenged this he basically kept to the script, which I understand and it’s not this poor guys fault. He said they have to cancel over 100 orders.

The exclusions were clear, people took advantage of the exclusions not being followed, gander realized this and canceled orders,  they give you free money because they made a mistake and you're still harassing them? Wow

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4103 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Gander sucks! That MAP is bunch of made up BS. Like these companies would really challenge them. Heck a company the size of gander could give 100 units as a giveaway and those companies would not move an eye. They could just eat the cost, especially if all it is is 100 orders.....but yeah, doesn't surprise with gander. They have been through bankruptcy several times.....they'll head that way again, no big deal.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4104 on: Dec 06, 2018, 06:46 AM »
I know a handful of people firsthand that went to the store and bought flashers with the 30% off coupon and some of them even got the extra $10 knocked off too.  The transaction went through online because flashers aren't considered "marine electronics".  Notice that none of the open water stuff would work (helix, lowrance, garmin, etc).   I'm dumbfounded that Gander would not expect people to take advantage of this.  It's basically like Oprah standing at the door saying, "here's $10 and a 30% off coupon for you, and one for you and one for you..."

Just remember, the last time this happened it was followed by a $20 off no strings attached card.  Keep your eyes open.

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4105 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:30 AM »
Gander sucks! That MAP is bunch of made up BS. Like these companies would really challenge them. Heck a company the size of gander could give 100 units as a giveaway and those companies would not move an eye. They could just eat the cost, especially if all it is is 100 orders.....but yeah, doesn't surprise with gander. They have been through bankruptcy several times.....they'll head that way again, no big deal.

So you say a company like Gander should have no problem eating the cost of giving away thousands of dollars of merchandise, then go on to mention the fact they've declared bankruptcy several times....is the fault in that line of thought completely lost on you?
-Matt

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4106 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:31 AM »
I know a handful of people firsthand that went to the store and bought flashers with the 30% off coupon and some of them even got the extra $10 knocked off too.  The transaction went through online because flashers aren't considered "marine electronics".  Notice that none of the open water stuff would work (helix, lowrance, garmin, etc).   I'm dumbfounded that Gander would not expect people to take advantage of this.  It's basically like Oprah standing at the door saying, "here's $10 and a 30% off coupon for you, and one for you and one for you..."

Just remember, the last time this happened it was followed by a $20 off no strings attached card.  Keep your eyes open.

They are just a very "odd" business. I do have to admit that their physical locations, at least in MN, have improved and they actually seem to have more ice fishing on display than Cabela's, Dick's or Sheels. But these practices of denying previously purchased items are really a turn off for customers. I literally didn't order anything with the 30% off because I thought there is no way Gander will come through. Sure enough. Congrats to those it worked for.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4107 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:43 AM »

So you say a company like Gander should have no problem eating the cost of giving away thousands of dollars of merchandise, then go on to mention the fact they've declared bankruptcy several times....is the fault in that line of thought completely lost on you?

I am not defending honoring obvious price mistakes or anything like that. Thousands of dollars of merchandise is relative. At 30% I am thinking they probably still make money out of most of the orders. Don't forget today's large sporting goods stores are basically clothing stores with some sporting equipment. That is because margins on foreign manufactured clothing are unbelievable. I think we would all be pretty pissed if we truly knew the cost of one of our float ice suits.These stores obviously make distributor/manufacturer deals, and with their size they become one of the larger players and thus get pricing on items you can't even imagine. In fact, often they dictate what the pricing is going to be or the items won't get carried in their stores. (probably why they don't carry eskimo at cabelas). The rep mentioned 100 orders to cancel. That would be a small price (if any) to pay for something they created themselves. I bet a lot less than Markus L flying around in a private jet. In today's age of constant customer engagement online, negative feedback spreads faster than flu.

The previous bankruptcies are hardly caused by a marketing campaign "mistake" on 100 orders. Rather by sluggish overall sales (could be due to poor marketing), poor inventory management, and inability to create a shopping experience for shoppers that results in long lasting relationship. All those obviously come from poor leadership in the company. Now, all companies go through highs and lows and rely on strong economy overall, but these guys tried several times now, and should be happy for every customer they can get.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4108 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:44 AM »
This has happened more than once with Gander Outdoors/Overton's.  Several disappointed customers last year when Striker Ice orders at big discounts were not filled.  Vexilar's are price fixed as they are stated however I bought two FLX-28s from Dick's Sporting Goods for $525 each over Black Friday.   If you try to price match these deals at Scheels they will not honor them as they are not allowed to by contract with Vexilar.  However, I have also had big discounts at Reeds at the St. Paul Ice Show so stores do offer discounts.  I almost pulled the trigger on the Gander 30% off deal as it was hard to pass up.  They sold Strikemaster 40volt and IonX augers at that discount and assume those will be cancelled also.  They better update their exclusions or they will lose customers over things like this.

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #4109 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Just a reminder, as I have been guilty of it same in the past,  this thread is meant for deals to be posted. One of you may want to start a new thread if you wish to discuss Retailer policies further.

It helps save everyone who checks back for a good deal avoid scrolling through the "other discussions"
NYS Licensed Guide

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.