Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698946 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #3150 on: Sep 02, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Of course this deal starts right after I bought 2 9aH Milwaukee batteries and committed to Milwaukee...
Buy the Ridgid 9aH starter kit for $199.99 (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-9-0-Ah-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Starter-Kit-AC801/304740781), get the new 1300 in/pound Ridgid hammer drill free! (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-GEN5X-1-2-in-Brushless-Octane-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102)

Oh well, no lifetime service agreement on the Milwaukee, but at least I've got 2 9aH batteries and the hammer drill for about $275 otd.
That would be nice if they carried the 1300 Drill which they don't. Oh wait I guess they do. Item number 304304102
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3151 on: Sep 02, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Well I found it but there is no way to add it to the cart.
<===Lefty===

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3152 on: Sep 02, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Liam's Lures has a good sale on tungsten ice flies right now for their anniversary.  Some pretty cool little jigs on there.

https://liamslures.com/collections/on-sale

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3153 on: Sep 02, 2018, 09:26 AM »

Check it in a few days; the 1300# one was just added to the site. The sale runs through Oct 30th anyways.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3154 on: Sep 02, 2018, 09:46 AM »
I had just made up my mind that I was going to get the Cabela's Trans-Alaska boots when they go on sale this year, but hot damn is that a good price!

Can't speak for the Baffins but since I slid into the TAs my feet are comfortable for the first time ever on the ice. Don't even have to wiggle my toes to get 'em warm, they just are.  ;D
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3155 on: Sep 02, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Can't speak for the Baffins but since I slid into the TAs my feet are comfortable for the first time ever on the ice. Don't even have to wiggle my toes to get 'em warm, they just are.  ;D

I ended up passing on the Baffins and am getting the Trans-Alaska ones when they go on sale.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3156 on: Sep 02, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Of course this deal starts right after I bought 2 9aH Milwaukee batteries and committed to Milwaukee...
Buy the Ridgid 9aH starter kit for $199.99 (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-9-0-Ah-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Starter-Kit-AC801/304740781), get the new 1300 in/pound Ridgid hammer drill free! (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-GEN5X-1-2-in-Brushless-Octane-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102)

Oh well, no lifetime service agreement on the Milwaukee, but at least I've got 2 9aH batteries and the hammer drill for about $275 otd.
thats great news! lots of us have been waiting for the unit. i'll be getting one for sure. i don't need batteries or a 9 amp or even a 6 amp.

if you want and if you bought from homedepot, they have the 90 day hassle free returns. you could start over.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3157 on: Sep 02, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Liam's Lures has a good sale on tungsten ice flies right now for their anniversary.  Some pretty cool little jigs on there.

https://liamslures.com/collections/on-sale
Damn, most of those I would use with my fly rod for some tight line nymphing

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3158 on: Sep 02, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Damn, most of those I would use with my fly rod for some tight line nymphing

I've used them all year for panfish.  The bigger versions they offer are hefty enough to cast with a noodly UL rod.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3159 on: Sep 02, 2018, 04:56 PM »
i called. hd online. they are sold out. no warehouse in the states has any left and discontinued.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3160 on: Sep 02, 2018, 05:05 PM »
i called. hd online. they are sold out. no warehouse in the states has any left and discontinued.

They're idiots. The 9aH kit and 1300# hammer drill are brand new; they aren't discontinued.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3161 on: Sep 02, 2018, 07:07 PM »
I have a problem with Home Depot. I need a new Water Heater and went to see them about one. The Pro Counter guy gave me a number to call to set it up. Wrote it down like it was a hard number to call. 1-800-Homedepot Huh what?  Ok so I get home and call them up. After going through a bunch of run around the person on the phone told me they don't service my area anymore. Huh What? I am 43 Minutes from the store. So I thought that person was an idiot and tried once more. This time online. Typed in my Area code and it pops up no service in my area.  What a bunch of crap. I was going to buy it from them and have it installed by someone they use. SO now I am debating going to Lowes because they said they can do it for me. The problem is the Hot water heater is only $538 and by the time I have it installed it is going to cost me about $1000.  Being 65 now and not a plumber I might just try it myself but them if I screw something up I am still going to have to have someone come out and fix it.  OK that is my rant.
<===Lefty===

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3162 on: Sep 02, 2018, 07:19 PM »
A couple years ago I had one put in by the local plumber and it was $750 .  A 1000 sounds a little high because theirshouldn't be that much labor even at $100 an hour or what ever.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: OFF TOPIC
« Reply #3163 on: Sep 02, 2018, 11:16 PM »
I have a problem with Home Depot. I need a new Water Heater and went to see them about one. The Pro Counter guy gave me a number to call to set it up. Wrote it down like it was a hard number to call. 1-800-Homedepot Huh what?  Ok so I get home and call them up. After going through a bunch of run around the person on the phone told me they don't service my area anymore. Huh What? I am 43 Minutes from the store. So I thought that person was an idiot and tried once more. This time online. Typed in my Area code and it pops up no service in my area.  What a bunch of crap. I was going to buy it from them and have it installed by someone they use. SO now I am debating going to Lowes because they said they can do it for me. The problem is the Hot water heater is only $538 and by the time I have it installed it is going to cost me about $1000.  Being 65 now and not a plumber I might just try it myself but them if I screw something up I am still going to have to have someone come out and fix it.  OK that is my rant.
its easy. ask for parts help while buying the tank.
 look for flexible braided slip on water pipes to go onto the new tank. you twist it a little as you push these quick connect lines on. cut off the pipe to where you can simply slip on the lines. try to keep the old line at least one foot above water heater
the vent is super easy to and so is gas line. use flexible gas lines and make sure to keep a drip leg of 4 inches or more where there is one now to catch sediment. and make sure to keep the B vent (double wall vent) in place where you find any. you can keep the single wall vent the same as it is. good time to add a catch pan under the new one. use pipe dope on the threads. check your gas connections with a spray bottle of water with a few drops of dish soap in it. look for bubbles. hardest part is getting old one out of basement.
if you can measure the old and try to match it all up the best you can will aid in the install.
if you have to buy a few tools and watch you tube, its better than paying someone else, more so if they don't want to help.
new units don't use a pilot light anymore.

you maybe able to fix the old one fast and cheap if its not leaking.

i buy all of my appliances from lowes. very hard to beat their prices. free delivery and pick up too.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3164 on: Sep 03, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Decided I will change it out myself. My Son-in-law told me about those connecting pipes and has done 2 tanks himself. Too bad he is 250 miles from me. I do have a 2 wheel dolly to help get the old one out of the basement.
<===Lefty===

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3165 on: Sep 03, 2018, 05:24 PM »

You going tankless water heater or tanked ?? If I lived closer I would have helped you out .. to bad I dont..

Look up capillary attraction and pipe soldering.. if you can't find info on it let me know I could explain it here but pm is easier.. if needed

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3166 on: Sep 03, 2018, 07:34 PM »

Sounds a bit shady---false advert??
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3167 on: Sep 04, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Boot Steal for you Sorel guys!  SOREL Men's Alpha Pac Extreme Snow Boot, Size 12 - $54.06  These fit true to size per the sizing reviews.  While I don't think these boots are in the same class as some of the Baffins I post.  These should keep you warm in all but bitterly cold conditions and the price is hard to beat.  They also have excellent reviews for the most part.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQO7X6C?psc=1

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3168 on: Sep 04, 2018, 08:05 AM »
Sounds a bit shady---false advert??

It's not false advertising to be out of stock...

Boot Steal for you Sorel guys!  SOREL Men's Alpha Pac Extreme Snow Boot, Size 12 - $54.06  These fit true to size per the sizing reviews.  While I don't think these boots are in the same class as some of the Baffins I post.  These should keep you warm in all but bitterly cold conditions and the price is hard to beat.  They also have excellent reviews for the most part.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQO7X6C?psc=1

DN

And free returns too! In for a pair to try on lol

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3169 on: Sep 04, 2018, 08:38 AM »
Pulled the trigger on the boots.  For $55 and free returns, might as well.
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3170 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:11 AM »
It's not false advertising to be out of stock...

True---but the deal sounded almost too good to be true! It looked like a brand new product was being severely discounted. Seems a bit odd, but I guessed many snapped it up right away>
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3171 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:13 AM »
True---but the deal sounded almost too good to be true! It looked like a brand new product was being severely discounted. Seems a bit odd, but I guessed many snapped it up right away>

I looked for them both online and in store the end of last week and there was nothing.  My guess is that they got it set up in the system and because the qty was zero, it says out of stock and the customer service reps are idiots..

My two cents though..

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3172 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:16 AM »

The 1300 in/pound hammer drill was never in stock, but I don't doubt that it will be before October 30th 😉

If you only want the drill, you're still better off buying the 9aH kit with this deal and returning the battery kit. Home Depot doesn't discourage this and you'll end up paying around $85 for the 1300in/# bare tool.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3173 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Would it really have been that great of a deal though?  One single 9.0ah battery and the new Ridgid drill for $200 plus tax.  No LSA since it's not a kit.  You could get the Milwaukee (2) 9.0AH batteries for $199, then buy the 2704-20 drill for around $80 right now.  If you wanted, sell one of the 9.0 batteries for $100, and come in about $20 cheaper.  Milwaukee is typically regarded as the better quality tool, if you're not considering the Ridgid LSA as part of the equation.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3174 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:26 AM »
Where are you finding the drill for $80?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3175 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:31 AM »
I got an official response from rigid today. The 9. 0 amp hour battery kit does not have the lifetime service agreement, it only has three year warranty. This is a bit strange as other Ridgid battery/charger kits have qualified for the LSA.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3176 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:33 AM »
Where are you finding the drill for $80?
eBay.  They've been fluctuating a little bit.  There's a couple out there for $70 right now, but it's a new seller, so I'd be leery.  You do get protection from each eBay, PayPal, and your credit card if it's a scam.  A couple weeks ago, there were a bunch for around $80 from sellers with more positive feedback.  As the 2804-20 becomes more available, I'm sure you'll continue to see the 2nd Gen 2704-20 drop in price.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3177 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:35 AM »
eBay.  They've been fluctuating a little bit.  There's a couple out there for $70 right now, but it's a new seller, so I'd be leery.  You do get protection from each eBay, PayPal, and your credit card if it's a scam.  A couple weeks ago, there were a bunch for around $80 from sellers with more positive feedback.  As the 2804-20 becomes more available, I'm sure you'll continue to see the 2nd Gen 2704-20 drop in price.

Wasn't the handle a big issue on 2704-20?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3178 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:39 AM »

There were issues with it breaking, but use a clam plate and you'll have the advantage of not worrying about the drill being in the snow and wetness on top of the ice and avoid some of the injuries that were reported when people used a bare drill and their auger caught.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3179 on: Sep 04, 2018, 09:55 AM »
  I never had an issue with it, but I guess some people did. I've been very happy with mine.

We need some more deals posted!  ;D :tipup: :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.