Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1698987 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2220 on: Jan 08, 2018, 01:55 PM »
sorry to here that. my ice minibike rips.i did put ice racing ice screws in the tires tho.i made sure to jet mine for cold weather and it starts 2nd pull on choke.i can do almost 30 on ice but no need too.will pull 2 tandem shanties easily too.mine is a baja warrior..screws make the difference because I could do wheelies on the ice.4 inches of snow no problem on the ice.

Glad it works for you, I really wanted to make it work......just wasn't for me I guess. It just seemed like more work than what it was producing.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2221 on: Jan 08, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Glad it works for you, I really wanted to make it work......just wasn't for me I guess. It just seemed like more work than what it was producing.
I hear ya.it beats the heck out of walking.i just slap it on a hitch cargo carrier.i only went that route because I have minibikes laying around.i don't have room for a quad or snowmobile in my truck or a trailer to haul them.i do have a quad and a snowmobile but getting in and out of the unplowed launches with a trailer sucks.if theres even enough room to park.lol

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2222 on: Jan 08, 2018, 03:18 PM »
I hear ya.it beats the heck out of walking.i just slap it on a hitch cargo carrier.i only went that route because I have minibikes laying around.i don't have room for a quad or snowmobile in my truck or a trailer to haul them.i do have a quad and a snowmobile but getting in and out of the unplowed launches with a trailer sucks.if theres even enough room to park.lol

I am waiting patiently on what comes of the ice auger machines.....also both snowmobiles and atv have a relatively hefty tag price....

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2223 on: Jan 08, 2018, 03:33 PM »
So is it common practice for all these retailers to offer great deals then cancel the order? (sure sounds like it!)

Are they / their systems incompetent or are they trying to drive more traffic to their site and sell non sale items? I ordered a $379 shanty for $199 on Christmas from Bass Pro and it was still being offered on 12/27 and then the order was cancelled.

I'm obviously still in the market for a deal on a one man flipover ....  wonder what else i will buy now that i see all these good deals here  ;D

Reeds has the Eskimo Evo1 for $199 plus $49 shipping. That's a good price for that shanty.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2224 on: Jan 08, 2018, 03:41 PM »
A classical Honda 3 seems still way large. Also in my part of MN there is basically no snow on the ice, the wind took it all away....snowmobile is way large.......I could certainly get either of those or even atv for less than a new snowdog but the issue for me is hauling it all out there......I do have a tilt trailer and can use both ATV and snowmobile but they are a pain for me to load, unload, travel with. I want something quick for after work.....I was really hoping this bike would have worked....

Should have bought the green camo version  from walmart when they are on sale for $399.99 do a search for colemen ct200u mini bikes you can soup them up with products sold else ware.. seen large adults riding them too by green camo I am talking the one with front schocks..  to soften the ride..

By the way they sell same motors that go in the colemen mini bikes  I think at harbor freight  according to videos on you tube I have watched. Cheaper then other sell  colmen motor for.. so much info on these bikes..  a lot of it's tuning for cold weather.. and ya they make clutch up grades for these mini bikes.. might want to search it all out before you lose money if that's what's going on when you return it??   

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2225 on: Jan 08, 2018, 03:44 PM »
Should have bought the green camo version  from walmart when they are on sale for $399.99 do a search for colemen ct200u mini bikes you can soup them up with products sold else ware.. seen large adults riding them too by green camo I am talking the one with front schocks..  to soften the ride..

By the way they sell same motors that go in the colemen mini bikes  I think at harbor freight  according to videos on you tube I have watched. Cheaper then other sell  colmen motor for.. so much info on these bikes..  a lot of it's tuning for cold weather.. and ya they make clutch up grades for these mini bikes.. might want to search it all out before you lose money if that's what's going on when you return it??
yep the predator engines from harbor freight then get a torque converter setup  and those minis fly.that setup made mine go from max 30mph to around 50.lol

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2226 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:23 PM »
I assume it works for everyone but overtons.com has 20 percent off ice stuff with free shipping.....ion is $400 with code icefish.

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2227 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:27 PM »
Also, I put a few items in my cart but did not check out, yesterday they sent me a 15 percent off code and today a 20 percent....

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2228 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:29 PM »
I assume it works for everyone but overtons.com has 20 percent off ice stuff with free shipping.....ion is $400 with code icefish.
.      Had a overtons order been 7 days now and no conf. That it shipped and called customer service and they seemed very confused. Said had to track it and will call back tomorrow. Been hearing bad things about overtons cancelling orders, hope I’m not on the sh*+ list With the cancelled orders I will be pissed !!!

Offline FishingPhotographer

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2229 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Picked up a clearanced Garmin Striker 7dv for $195(reg. $399.99) today at Dick’s. Now I just have to decide how I want to set it up for ice. First step, figure out battery...
I should’ve chosen Fishin’Mortician as my username… ;-)

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2230 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:38 PM »
.      Had a overtons order been 7 days now and no conf. That it shipped and called customer service and they seemed very confused. Said had to track it and will call back tomorrow. Been hearing bad things about overtons cancelling orders, hope I’m not on the sh*+ list With the cancelled orders I will be pissed !!!

That would suck...best of luck.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2231 on: Jan 09, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Checked on my 25/25 overtons order yesterday.... "We're sorry, it seems that both items you ordered are back ordered from the vendor. As soon as they have stock they'll be shipped directly from the vendor."

One from Striker, one from Clam.

Now taking bets on how long before one or both items get cancelled.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2232 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Save 15%off on reels at fish usa no cupon code Needed...

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2233 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Checked on my 25/25 overtons order yesterday.... "We're sorry, it seems that both items you ordered are back ordered from the vendor. As soon as they have stock they'll be shipped directly from the vendor."

One from Striker, one from Clam.

Now taking bets on how long before one or both items get cancelled.

Which items?

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2234 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:01 AM »

Wow!!! That's a great deal.
jbird68

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2235 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Which items?

A striker balaclava and a time bomb spoon from clam

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2236 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:00 AM »
So as long as I'm not trying to enter so crazy coupon code is Overton's reliable? I'm on order attempt #4 with Dick's Sporting Goods and they still haven't gotten it right

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2237 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Still waiting for them to ship my order that was placed on 12/31

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2238 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Just got an email from Overton's... It seems there was a glitch and my order never actually got sent to the vendor for shipping to begin with. We'll see what happens next!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2239 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:45 AM »
They told me same thing yesterday

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2240 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Just got off the phone with overtons , it will be my   LAST order from them, they are still waiting back from the manufacturer, will e mail me when they know more, 2 items, like said it’s my last order. They called 3 days in a row and got the same response !!!   They have not received a answer

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2241 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Just got off the phone with overtons , it will be my   LAST order from them, they are still waiting back from the manufacturer, will e mail me when they know more, 2 items, like said it’s my last order. They called 3 days in a row and got the same response !!!   They have not received a answer

What manufacturer? One of mine was striker, and during the entire debacle with my predator suit I was told by them directly that they're not getting any more stock of any of their products in for the rest of this season. If it's out of stock on their website, it'll be next year. At this point I'm just waiting to see how overtons will handle it.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2242 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:09 AM »
It’s a clam plate and extension, I imagine clam they didn’t say, they do say it is in stock though , emails from overtons to manufacturer not returned according to them

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2243 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:58 AM »
It’s a clam plate and extension, I imagine clam they didn’t say, they do say it is in stock though , emails from overtons to manufacturer not returned according to them

I tried ordering a  gear box from the clam website it said in stock and they ended out canceling the order this was in November or December just recently.. hopeing you get what you ordered but just letting you know you may not get it..

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2244 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:00 PM »
I told them if out of stock let me know, they said no it’s in stock

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2245 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:06 PM »
I told them if out of stock let me know, they said no it’s in stock

Hopefully you get it..

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2246 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Just cancelled my order I found one in stock on way to pick up now, little more money, but overtons will not get any more of my business !!!

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2247 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Just cancelled my order I found one in stock on way to pick up now, little more money, but overtons will not get any more of my business !!!
I'm at the same point with Dick's Sporting Goods. I've attempted to make 4 online purchases and every single one has been messed up. The fourth order had to be redone 3 times and still hasn't been settled

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2248 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:19 PM »

Good call getting the one avaible.. also your right about overtons and shopping their..

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2249 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:59 PM »
$160 for new showdown 5.6 at gandauer mountain closing bought them all

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.