Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 219901 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4680 on: Apr 13, 2024, 06:44 PM »
Well had the boys birthday party today and most everyone canceled today for his friends so it was my dad and one of my wife's aunts that made it. Burgers, hotdogs, and hot links on the grill with chips and tater salad and macaroni salad. Got the boys lego table completed, well kind of. Will get a picture later as we painted the legs and they are drying. Maybe boat tomorrow if the weather holds out. Smoked cream cheese is take the cream cheese and put your seasoning on it. Take it right out of the refrigerator and put it in the smoker at 170 degrees for an hour, checking to make sure it is not melting or getting to hot in the smoker. The wife used her essential seasoning mix and then hickory chips for the smoke. If you want you can smoke it lower at like 130 for a little longer as long as you get the chips smoking. Beautiful day today at around 70 degrees, should have went to the lake but the table took us last night and most the day today. Now the wife needs to make the cheesecake that she forgot to make for the boy. But the daughter had to run to town so she picked one up so maybe a couple cheesecakes today. Have a good one everyone, check back in tomorrow and maybe some fishing reports.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4681 on: Apr 14, 2024, 04:59 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 33* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l.............The water might be going over the spill was after yesterday's rain. :unsure: Your wife sure has been through a lot. :( She must
              be a tough woman. :flex:
                          Eddie..........Chicken and dumplings sure sounded good for yesterday. :clap: Yeah the worms are closer to the surface, it's hard for them to
              do the backstroke. :woot:
                          Wally...........It must be hard on Cooper, do you have to walk him or does he go out on his own and stays close to the house? ???
                          Fish.............I know that some of the more firm cheeses are smoked, but I never heard of cream cheese being smoked, sounds
               interesting. I bet it's good with some of jellies out there. :whistle:
                          Yesterday was my second son's birthday, I went to his house for a standing rib roast dinner. Mmmmmmmmmm
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4682 on: Apr 14, 2024, 05:38 AM »
36* and mostly clear.

IW, this morning the lake is going over the spillway by 6 inches. Lots of stuff going by the house. I see the neighbor's dock, paddle boat, canoe and a pile of brush below the house last night, looks like it is hung up on a small island this morning so she won't have to go far to get it. I bet out on the main lake you could find yourself a dock or two and kayaks will be a "dime a dozen". "NEWCOMERS" still have to figure out how a reservoir works. It usually takes 4 or 5 years.

WW, Scout seems to enjoy the rain as long as there is NO thunder and it's not a down pour. Maybe if you get some good weather this week you can take Cooper for a boat ride.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4683 on: Apr 14, 2024, 06:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sunshine and 38* at the moment, showers and thunderstorms on the way, high of 58.

H2…quite the learning curve for some unfortunately. Imagine there will be plenty of “ I told you so!! “ going around soon.  :woot:  Does anyone on the lake have a retrieval business?
  Jeff…Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to your son!  :bow:  The dinner menu sounds superb, yum!  :clap:
  FH4…thanks for the info on the smoked cream cheese, would like to try that with some Jalapeño jelly on crackers. Good luck with those walleyes today if you’re heading out!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…I’ve been meaning to ask you how the GrandPup has been doing, poor Cooper.  ;D   Hope your son and family are having better weather where they are vacationing  :thumbsup:

The chicken and dumplings turned out ok. Some things just don’t seem to taste the same as they did when growing up, but there wasn’t any leftovers so I guess it at least hit the spot.   ;D
  I think a few of the clan will be stopping by later today. Going to start some meatballs and sauce soon as requested….
  Cawfee’s still hot and strong…..
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4684 on: Apr 14, 2024, 04:44 PM »
Had to go for ice cream today

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4685 on: Apr 14, 2024, 09:42 PM »
I like thise ice cream cups but they are getting so expensive. Well did make it to the lake and I lost one, got a few snags and then the wide came out and joined me and the boy with the daughters. The wife got one walleye to the boat we missed a couple bites and then got a call that my boss and his wife were stuck to the frame on their jeep and needed rescued, about 70 miles away so brought the boat home and cut up the fish ate dinner fast and headed to retrieve the boss. Have a good night everyone.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4686 on: Apr 15, 2024, 05:47 AM »
Good morning, 37* and cloudy.

The lake has "sort" of leveled off some, only came up about .02 inches yesterday. My sump pump has kicked on a few times. I see that the water coming in at West Stoney has dropped about foot..

This morning the wife has an appt. with the foot doctor so going with her and then she wants to stop at Price Chopper.

They had the roll-offs last night for 1st place in the bowling league, haven't heard who won but I bet it was a battle. It was between the "Heavy Hitters and the Pocket Pounders".

Have a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4687 on: Apr 15, 2024, 05:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 33* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                              H2l...........When I had the drilling business and did some wells in the spring over there, It always amazed me what I saw floating
                   in the lake. :woot:
                              Wally.........Cooper didn't get his own cup of ice cream? ??? :roflmao: He looks like a nice dog. :thumbsup:
                              Eddie........Spaghetti and meatballs you can't go wrong. :thumbsup: :flex:
                              Fish..........I guess your boss wasn't in too much of a hurry to take your time getting there, or did you do that on purpose. :roflmao:
                              I have an therapy appointment this morning.
                              I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4688 on: Apr 15, 2024, 05:51 AM »
Morning all,

FH4.....I had a bogo free coupon  ;)2

IW.....Cooper's good about sticking close but there's SO many new smells here he tends to get a little distracted so I keep him on a leash  ;) happy birthday to #2  :clap:

Eddie.....hope "the clan" enjoyed the meatballs  :thumbsup:

H2L.....bet it felt good to not have to bowl last night, it's a LONG  season  :)

Looks like we might get a day or 2 w/o rain  @) :thumbsup: :clap:  it will take a lot longer than that to dry out tho  ::)  the grass is in desperate need of mowing, don't see that happening anytime soon  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4689 on: Apr 15, 2024, 11:41 AM »
Well you know sometimes you have to learn from being not so smart so you do not do dumb things and get yourself into situations that you should not be in. I really wish this state would stop antler hunting for the entire state until may first. This is what the boss was out doing and is not the only one out tearing things up trying to be the one to find all the sheds.  I have heard that the horse guys have been up trying to get the sheds and chasing elk around and guys seeing a deer lose an antler and heading out and getting it and chasing the deer hoping the other one falls off. One side of the state does not open until the 1st of May and that pushes all of them to this area and others.  Well another day at work and it sounds like most are doing good. WW I always like the BOGO coupons as they get us the cups once and awhile now a days.  Well better get back to work and get my job done.  Have a great day everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4690 on: Apr 15, 2024, 09:52 PM »
 Good evening beautiful day here with a high temperature of 75 degrees. I was lucky and did not see much rain or thunderstorms on Sunday or during the overnight hours leading into Monday. I received a phone call from my sister around 9:30 PM informed me that MY BIL was back in the hospital. HE had a few medical appointments scheduled for today getting out of his cat at one appointment he passed out taken by ambulance to hospital. He called my sister saying he wanted to come home this afternoon he was unsteady on his feet once again so a 911 call and back to the hospital. A week ago this past Friday (day of earthquake) He had a few teeth extracted and a removable denture installed the denture is causing him pain, so he is not eating much also had not consumed to many liquids today. So possibly dehydrated also still battling the pneumonia. Now to see what happens going forward.
Ice wanderer belated birthday greetings sent for son #2 . Glad you got to share a nice dinner with him.
Hunts2long may it have been a good visit at the foot doctor for your wife. May the water level in GSL not rise to much higher and cause you problems.
Wallyworld nice photo of Cooper.  grass growing here also right now I think trying to mow while leave lawn with ruts or mower will get stuck with the ground being soft.
Eddie sounds like two good meals. I think the trout streams will be cloudy and running high for a few days.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you got in some fishing. Good to read that you were able to pull out your boss's jeep I did not realize that shed antler hunting was such a popular event in certain areas of this country. I agree people should not be following a deer they saw drop one antler hoping it drops the other so they have a matched set of antlers. The deer and elk herds do not need that type of harassment.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the turkey video looks like breeding season may have started by him by the behavior of the Tom's .

May everyone have a good night. Best to all fishing.
    Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4691 on: Apr 16, 2024, 04:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 37* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                      Fish..........I was not aware that there was actually a season of shed hunting in certain places. :blink: I would think chasing deer would be
              considered harassment and be illegal. :unsure:
                      H2l...........I hope these next two days with no rain in sight will lower the lakes water level. :whistle: I hope your wife's appointment went well. :thumbsup:
                      Wally.........You could always use a weed eater to cut your grass. :roflmao:
                      Yesterday morning I was just about to walk out the door and the phone rang, I was going to ignore it but changed my mind. It was my therapist and
              They had cancel my appointment for some reason. I'm glad I took the call.
                      I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4692 on: Apr 16, 2024, 05:16 AM »
33* and clear.

Doctor appt. went well this morning it is off to the dermatologist in Albany.

WW, nice picture of "Cooper", you will miss him after he goes home.

IW, pretty sure you could get all the "firewood" you would need, there is a whole tree just below the bridge.

Mr. C, lake has been holding pretty steady the past 2 days and the weather reports look good.

Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4693 on: Apr 16, 2024, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad you decided to answer the phone  :clap:

H2L....it will be quiet when he leaves Sunday, but it will be nice to not be tied down again  ;)

MrC....sorry to hear your b-i-l is struggling with his health  :(

Eddie....good luck if you're heading for a stream today  :)

Sad news locally, a Sheriff's Deputy and a police officer were shot and killed in the line of duty Sunday night   :'( :'( :'( :'( 

Nice sunny day on tap, taking Cooper to the park later so he can walk on something besides mud  @)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4694 on: Apr 16, 2024, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  40* with clear skies here this am, might touch 60 today.

FH4…thanks for sharing the pictures, you’re a good man going out of your way to help out your boss like that…he must be a good boss!!  ;D   :bow:     X2 on Jeff’s reply. I’m guessing there is a pretty good market for the elk and deer sheds?
  Wally…nice picture of Cooper, thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:   Not quite ready yet for the first cut but it’s going to take quite a few days of good dry weather to even attempt it. Standing water in spots has attracted lots of birds though!  ;D
  Jeff…the spaghetti & meatballs was enjoyed, like you mentioned, can’t go wrong!   ;D   Glad you answered the call yesterday and saved yourself a long ride!  :thumbsup:
  H2…glad yesterday’s appointment went well for your wife, hope today’s goes smoothly also.  :thumbsup: 
  Steve….best wishes/thoughts and prayers with your B-I-L, hope he is doing better today.   :thumbsup:

Started posting yesterday and lost internet connection again for a while.  :cookoo:    Might check the streams out later today. My sons fished a local stream yesterday after work and caught a couple, mentioned it had gone down and was running nice.
  Going to keep my eyes opened…aside from the early warnings and abundance of ticks from the warmer weather patterns, the local news was buzzing this morning on being very careful with the poisonous and irritating plants popping up again, especially hogweed.

https://dec.ny.gov/nature/animals-fish-plants/plants/harmful-plants/giant-hogweed

Cawfee’s still on….

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4695 on: Apr 16, 2024, 07:06 AM »
Eddie…..speaking of birds

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4696 on: Apr 16, 2024, 01:42 PM »
Good afternoon!!! Between the rain and warm temps, my grass is growing like mad!! I mowed twice. Once up and once normal!!! Everyone stay safe and stay healthy!!! :%$#!: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :whistle: :cookoo:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4697 on: Apr 16, 2024, 03:31 PM »
Well shed antlers are used in some medicinal stuff for the Chinese and now with the dog toys and chews and a lot of people wanting all natural many of the bones you see in stores for dog chews are cut up antlers. Well if anyone else was available I would have sent them as the boss has burned many bridges with me but it is the right thing to do and I have my conscious saying I cannot leave anyone no matter what. Well training class today thru Thursday so sitting in class again trying not to nap. Well better get back to the class. Oh and here is the boy with his new play table.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4698 on: Apr 16, 2024, 09:15 PM »
Good evening, another nice sunny day with a high in the low seventies. I need to check the weather forecast to see when rain is expected to return to my area. Talked with my sister earlier my BIL is home from hospital determined that he was dehydrated given a few IV's while at hospital and keep overnight. Hopefully he is recovered in a day or two. I mentioned to my sister and talk to his dentist about the denture causing pain and effecting his eating. Hopefully he also gets over the pneumonia before to long. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.
Ice Wanderer good you answered the phone and saved yourself a trip. Since you last saw the surgeon who operated on you shoulder has their been any improvement in the shoulder's range of motion. I know you had reached a halt in making progress through physical therapy. I hope that has past and you have close to full range of motion in the shoulder.
Hunts2loong glad your wife had a good visit with the foot doctor. may all of the trees,etc. currently floating in GSL and Sacandaga river not cause problems for boaters or a jam up on the river which leads to flooding.
Wallyworld there was an article on my local newspaper's website about the police officers from your area recently killed in the line of duty. may Cooper have enjoyed his time at the park today. Thank you for the bird nest and eggs photos.
Eddie May you have found local trout streams to your liking today. Congratulations to your son's on getting out and catching a few trout.
OldSailor plenty of lawns need mowing some will have to wait for ground to dry out and firm up so mowers do not get stuck or leave ruts from the tires.
Fish/hunt4ever thanks for the info. on shed antler hunting. .Nice looking play table for your son he seems to be enjoying it from the photo.

Everyone keep safe and stay healthy. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4699 on: Apr 17, 2024, 05:45 AM »
33* and clear.

This nice, DRY, weather is helping with the lake level. I think it is still going over the spillway but the sump pump is not kicking on.

Mr. C, don't think there is any concerns for a "log" jam, most are small chunks, a log, brush with a dock or 2 thrown in.

The wife has got the "new" car shopping bug. Her CRV is over 12 years old and has seen a lot of trips to NYC.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4700 on: Apr 17, 2024, 06:12 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....get ready for some serious "sticker shock"  ::) my car is 13 years old, 177,000 miles and I've started looking OMG with interest rates where they are, monthly payments are  :o :o :o :o

MrC.....hope your b-i-l's mouth pain starts to subside soon  :(

FH4.....your son looks pretty happy with his new table  :thumbsup:

OS.....someone needs to invent a "hover craft" mower  :whistle:  even 10 lb Cooper is sinking in the lawn :o

Eddie....hope you found some fish yesterday, beautiful day to be out  @)

Sun is out now but rain coming back later today, tomorrow and Friday  :%$#!: 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4701 on: Apr 17, 2024, 06:24 AM »
Prices on new ones are absolutely crazy. My last one was a 2011, and prices on roughly equivalent new models have basically doubled since then. :wacko:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4702 on: Apr 17, 2024, 11:37 AM »
Another sad day for me got word, my oldest brother Carl age 97 has been moved to hospice.  So I suspect I will be on the road sometime soon
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4703 on: Apr 17, 2024, 01:46 PM »
Bud…sorry to hear about Carl’s declining health, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family  :( :( :(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4704 on: Apr 17, 2024, 09:32 PM »
Good evening, a little cooler today with a high in low sixties. rain arrived around 4 PM and has been off-on since . A busy afternoon/early evening for me a friend's mother passed on the 12Th visitation was today. This lady was a held the receiver of taxes position for 30 years in neighboring town of Newburgh and the went on to serve a few terms as a town board member. The visitation was held at a local firehouse where she was a member of lady's auxiliary . I got there at start of visitation hours as I expected a crowd good planning on my part. Afterwards went to the boy's lacrosse game between Cornwall and Our Lady of Lourdes high schools missed the first quarter of play game tied at 4 goals for each team when i arrived.  back and forth game Lourdes went on a run late in game and won 14 goals to 11 for Cornwall.

Hunts2long best wished for you with the car shopping. Good to read that your sump pump is not running continuously .
IFF sorry to hear about your brother prayer said for him and your family.
Wallyworld the ground is water saturated when a ten pound dog sinks into it while walking. best wished for your son and his family as their vacation ends and they make way to you and then to their home in MA. .
Zcm-82 if you are of a certain age you remember purchasing a home for what new vehicles cost these days.

No phone calls or emails from my sister today so assuming things are better with my BIL . Thanks again for your prayers and best wishes for him.

Best to all fishing this week.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4705 on: Apr 18, 2024, 04:29 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 39* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Wally..........Your soil must contain a lot of clay to be that saturated. :whistle:
                            H2l.............You might try looking for a good used vehicle and they are still out sight in price. :cookoo:
                            Eddie..........I haven't seen too many out stream fishing here. :blink: I'm glad your son was able to catch a couple. :flex:
                            Fish............Classe s are made for older people, we have that tendency to snooze unless the material is interesting. :whistle:
                            Bud............I'm sorry to read about your brother's declining health. :(
                            Steve.........No news is good news, I hope your B I L makes a full recovery. :thumbsup: My arm is still at a standstill. I see the doctor May 6th.
                            I had an early appointment in Albany at the VA yesterday morning with in the diabetic clinic. My numbers are up a little, so now I'm back
                  to visits every six months. While there the grass was being mowed around the facility, freshly cut grass smelled good.
                           I have an early therapy appointment this morning.
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4706 on: Apr 18, 2024, 05:29 AM »
mr.clean - I'm not even that old yet, and I bought my house for less than a new vehicle runs these days  :roflmao:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4707 on: Apr 18, 2024, 05:43 AM »
44* and some rain.

IFF, thoughts and prayers for Carl and family.

I took the Marlin 39a up to my nephew yesterday morning, he wasn't home so left it on the kitchen table, he was quite pleased when he got home. He "loves" his Marlin's, his last GSP was named Marlin.

IW, I have only seen few people fishing since the 1st and most of those were fishing off the wrong side of the bridges. Between the Northville bridge and the "next" bridge upstream there is NO fishing at all until walleye season opens. DEC is pretty good about running those out.

Well, the "new" car search didn't last long. Everyone was right about the cost going UP. She knew what she wanted and they had one on the lot so it is now in the driveway. Same model CRV and the same color as the last TWO. In the almost 13 years it went up just about 10K. We ended up leasing, which helped, and the new one is a hybrid. We can't say anything bad about the "buying" experience, got a fair price on the trade. It may have helped as this is the 4th CRV we have bought from them plus, Lindsay has gotten 3 from them. She just leased the same CVR about 3 months ago and loves it. I know the wife "loved" the drive home, I almost can't wait for our next trip to NYC I "said" almost. I do know I will feel better about it. I spent most of last night reading thru the 700+ page Owner's Manual. I DO READ THEM! Did you know that a new CRV has up to 98 fuses? I will NEVER be able to set-up or use most of what the car can do, I would rather drive it MYSELF!

Not much planned for today, we have had a busy week.

Be safe...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4708 on: Apr 18, 2024, 06:14 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....congrats to MrsH2 on the new ride  :thumbsup: :clap:

IW......sorry your numbers went up, hope you can get it under control again soon  :(   you're right about the soil here, all clay  ::)

MrC.....glad you were able to avoid the crowd at the funeral home  :)

Eddie......I see a police officer in your  area was shot yesterday, crazy world we're living in  :%$#!:

Back to rain rain and more rain  :wacko:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4709 on: Apr 18, 2024, 07:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another wet dreary day here, rain and 40*, high of 43.

Bud….so sorry to read that about your brother Carl, thoughts and prayers with him and the family. 🙏

Wally…yes, an Albany Police officer was shot and wounded, suspect ambushed him and was fatally shot. First thing I did was to find out if our family friends on the force were ok…thankfully they were.  :thumbsup:  Lots of clay in the soil here as well. What’s not clay is mostly rocks, lol.  Can’t wait to see those new arrival’s soon!
  H2…Congrats on the new glad you got a fair price on the trade in, hope it serves your wife well.  What a great surprise that must have been for your nephew, awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope today’s therapy session goes well for you!  :thumbsup:  Seeing a few fishermen out and about on the streams here locally, but it seems like the numbers are down, similar to hunting season.
  Steve…glad you were able to catch most of the game, better luck to the Cornwall squad next game.  :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope you made it through the class ok, getting closer to the weekend!  :thumbsup:

Not a heck of a lot going on here again today. It’s days like this I wish I had a good indoor hobby…might look into rod building again.  Cawfee’s still hot….

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.