The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: wallys  (Read 582 times)

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
wallys
« on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Anyone do any wally fishing?? iv never done it always wanted to. just dont knwo how to go about doing it. would love to watch them on the finder and jig them up. anyone have any info i can use. i dont want to burn anyones spots or anything. just looking for any help i can get

Offline jonny jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: wallys
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:57 PM »
the best way i found is to jig them look for skunking islands under water points or weed bed that drop off into deep water fish them early morning or right before dark rainy day or cloudy days are the best along with first ice  use jig with minnows jig right on the bottom  but remember they don't hit like a train its just a bump set the hook right when u feel it or they will  spit it out fast  i hope this helps you good fishing to you  ;)

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: wallys
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:34 AM »
       Hi Hounded,
 That's all i fish for and have for a very long time,(50+ years).Walleyes can be real tricky.Some days they barely hit,other days they will run for ever.Some days they like big shiners and some days small ones.I have only jigged for them maybe 10 times or so.I have hooked a couple i assume they were but never got them in.I had a friend that used to jig for them and he was good.He used to catch 5 in a half hour when they are there.If i am getting them on tip ups i will jig a bit for them but you usually don't have much time if you are using tip ups.Chittenden Dam would be a good place to jig for them tipped with a Large shiner.It's usually so cold up there you don't want to jig.I go fishing quite a bit so maybe we could go some time and i will show you how i was taught and have done it for years.If you find a place for walleyes and get them, you usually try to keep it to yourself cause if you don't there will be hundreds of people there and then you will have to find a new place.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.