Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608547 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15540 on: Apr 18, 2019, 05:55 AM »
59* this morning with some possible thunder storms. I can not blame these on Marv as they are coming out of the SW.

The appointment yesterday with the plastic surgeon was to schedule taking off the spot that is supposed to be skin cancer. He took a picture of the top of my head. I do not know how he will tell where it is as my bald head looks all the same after the other doc took the spot off to do the biopsy. I will not get it taken off until next month. They will put me under to do it. I have no clue how he is going to find the skin to close it up. I did watch a buddy that is a vet close up big hole in the side of a dog by loosing up the skin and pulleing it together to sew. There is not any skin to loosend up on my head to draw together.

Another trip to the city to do anther test done on a cyst the wife has on the edge of a breast. Maybe they will take it out today in the office.

Time for breakfast and hit the road.

IW It is good to here that you will be back to normal after your shoulder heals.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15541 on: Apr 18, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....good deal on the new frames  :thumbsup: hope the doctor's appointment went well  ;)

Eddie.....crunching numbers at retirement time can be a scary endeavor for sure  :o thinking of the remaining time left to work in months instead of years makes the retirement date seem closer (24 months sounds better than 2 years)  :woot:

IW.....glad to hear the arm should be 100%  :clap:

H2L....puppies are like grandkids, a lot of fun to love & spoil but SO nice that you can give them back to mom & dad at the end of the day :whistle:

MrC.....seeing signs of spring here locally too, daffodils and crocus in bloom finally  :thumbsup: :clap:

TT.....hope your appointment went well yesterday and there's no cancer  :)

Fishing was a bust yesterday, not a single fish landed  :'(  had 2 short hits that was it all day  ::)  didn't see anyone else catching either, maybe the weather was too nice  ???

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15542 on: Apr 18, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, It looks like it’s going to be a rainy day today. Right arm is feeling better and some strength is returning to my hand. Headaches are still the same. My wife had to call the Dr. wound was seeping so she’s been changing it every day. Follow up is next Thursday.

Tom Turkey, Prayers for you and your wife 🙏🙏.

Hunts2long, That’s a good decision on the pup. They do become best friends.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15543 on: Apr 18, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

41 with scattered rain around this morning, mid 50's this afternoon. Yesterday we collected over 1.25" inch of rain with a few areas getting over 2.5".

Eddie glad to read the fashions are popping up. I don't see much walking down the road, and they claim looking in windows is bad :whistle: One time at work we needed some cars moved. I took one side of the street and the boss took the other. His third house he had rang the bell and pounded on the door and for what ever reason he cupped his hands around his eyes and peaked in the window, just in time to look eye to eye with a big brute in his underwear.  The guy grabbed a baseball bat and chased the boss off the porch screaming at him all the way to the street calling him a peeper. Dang we laughed until we cried and for years referred to the boss as Mr. Creepy Peeper :roflmao: :roflmao:

IW my routine of stretches and exercises take in about 50 minutes. Yesterday I went to the rheumatologist and she added a few more. I am almost to the point of splitting them and doing 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. The problem is stopping whatever I am doing in the afternoon to do the second half. I was told I was doing very well, although she added gapapentin to the mix, she claimed it helped the tramodol and I should see less stiffness during the day, guess we will see ???

WW like IW waiting to see how the day went, hope you have a good story of success :thumbsup: Dang it I just read your post :%$#!: Glad at least it was nice weather and not cold while you were out. Next time :thumbsup:

TT yesterday I took a ride around my spearing lake. I saw 4 different Tom's in peoples yards fully fanned out just standing there. I didn't see any hens so they must have been just waiting for good things to happen, they sure are pretty.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Iowa border to listen to the Bellamy Bros. Normally they swing through the metro in March but not this year. This will be the closest for at least 6 months, so we will make the drive.  I made contact with my buddy that plays with them, we are going to get together for 15-20 minutes before they play, looking forward to seeing him again.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15544 on: Apr 19, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!    :clap:    50* this am, heading up to 72 today with some rain by evening.

Marv...that’s awesome you’re going to meet up with your buddy before the show this evening! What instrument does he play? Safe travels to you and Jo and a great time at the show tonight ....enjoy!   :clap: :thumbsup:   
  I-45...thanks for sharing your update. Glad to read some progress being made with your surgery. Hope those headaches are a thing of the past soon. Hang in there Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...shoot, was hoping you and Mr.WW would have tired arms from reeling them in....guess that’s fishing! Better luck next trip out.   :thumbsup:  Like the countdown to retirement in months rather than years approach!   ;)2
  Tom...hope yesterday’s appointment went well for your wife.  :thumbsup: 
  Jeff...Wish I was wiser at an earlier age in pre-planning for retirement...could of, would of, should of. One thing they did in my Union, is allow retirees to be able to return to the workforce 90 days after retiring and be able to work basically full time while collecting their pension. Believe the biggest reason being, they can’t man the jobs or replace the amount of qualified tradesmen going out with apprentices coming in. Glad the Dr. appointment went well for you, best wishes on a full recovery, that’s great news!!   :clap:  :thumbsup:

Well, the streams were dropping pretty good yesterday, still high and cloudy but not over their banks anyway. More rain on the way will change that again, lol.
  Transplanted some of the seedlings into clear plastic cups for the grandkids yesterday so they could see the roots form...48 Solo cups now holding a variety of plants.   ;D
  With any luck, yesterday’s demo on the terrazzo could have been the last for this season.... :thumbsup:
  Time to get ready for the last shift.... Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Guests: 243
Hidden: 0
Users: 3

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15545 on: Apr 19, 2019, 04:48 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 50* and partly cloudy but I can see the moon setting in the west. ::) More snow should melt today. :thumbsup:
                            Eddie...........I'm glad to read that the demo is done, that must be a good feeling. :thumbsup: I hope you can tweak the numbers and retire,
                   I think everyone should retire at a decent age and enjoy life. :whistle: :clap:
                            Wally...........I was hoping of seeing some pictures of some nice Browns. :woot: Maybe next trip. :thumbsup:
                            I-45............I'm glad that strength is returning to your hand, that's a start. :clap:
                            Marv...........It sounds like a fun night, safe travels to the Iowa border. :thumbsup:
                            Not much going on today, my wife come home tomorrow.  :clap:
                            I hope everyone has a good Good Friday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15546 on: Apr 19, 2019, 06:08 AM »
51* this morning. Going up to near 70 today, so they say. I can't see any snow across the road in the woods. Still some up in the hills but not much.

WW, it is that time of year. You do well one day and the next you would think there are no fish. Weather was good and you were out in the boat. I have to wait 2 more weeks,

Eddie, or is it Farmer Ed now. Garden sounds like it is coming along pretty good. The creeks around here have also dropped. Went over last night to see there were any walleyes running; nothing and the water temp was 44*. We get some rain and they will get dirty again.

You guys stay on top of the exersise programs. I should be working on one, if I had the time...lol.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15547 on: Apr 19, 2019, 06:51 AM »
Morning all,

TT....hope all went well for MrsTT yesterday  ;)

WS.....have a great time tonight at the show  :thumbsup:  don't forget to be quiet when you return to hotel room  :whistle: :roflmao:

Eddie.....I started the countdown at 5 years, 60 months sounded SO much better  :woot:  hope you find a way to make it work for you sooner rather than later  :)  great job teaching the grandkids about gardening  :clap:  mine always love digging carrots when they visit in late summer  ;D

IF45.....good to hear there's some improvement already   :clap:  don't get discouraged, give yourself time to heal  ;)

H2L.....the creek by Oneida hatchery was jam packed with walleye Monday  :thumbsup:  not to mention all the ones that were netted  ;)  got to wonder why it's so hard to find fish out there sometimes  :blink: :roflmao: :wacko:

IFF.....any boat time planned for the weekend  ???

IW......agree completely, everyone should get the chance to retire while they can still enjoy life  :thumbsup: life's too short  ;)

A warm day on tap......might sneak a ride in before the rain starts  ;)2 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15548 on: Apr 19, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

The temps will squeak into the 70's later today, it looks like a "Million Dollar" weekend on the way :clap:

Eddie hope you have a good wrap to the week :thumbsup: The only way I was able to retire was because the wife was on things from day one. I will have a couple of years laying a little low but eventually things will blossom and I have a feeling I will be ready for some running around. Man the "Mason Garden" is really going :thumbsup: My buddy is the lead guitar player audio engineer/producer at The Bellamy Brothers.

IW glad to read Mrs IW will be home tomorrow, safe travels to her :thumbsup:

WW I will try to remember to remove my shoes when walking down the halls :roflmao: Hope you have a good time on your ride :thumbsup:

Time for me to throw a couple of bags in the old Buick. We are planning on hitting the road in an hour. My wife has a folder full of things to see on our way. It's less than 2 hours away but we will be lucky to get there by show time at 7:30pm :cookoo:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15549 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:01 AM »
WW no on boat time.  Social Secretary says we will spend time at the kids Sunday.  And a head cold has moved in.  Taking most of today under the covers.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15550 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:08 AM »
Bud
Hope you can dump the cold, bad time of year to get one :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15551 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:33 AM »
IFF.......get well wishes sent your way 😉

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15552 on: Apr 19, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Sun was out now becoming very cloudy. I got to sit outside today for a little while with the pup. Watching vehicles and trucks go by. Missing being able to drive truck. Missing working.

Wally World, i’m Sorry you didn’t catch anything. But the important thing is getting out.

IFF, i’m Sorry your not feeling well. Hopefully your feeling better soon.

Whopper Stopper, Have a safe trip and a great time at the concert.

Mason Eddie, Sounds like you had fun planting for the grandkids.

Whopper Stopper, I’m on both Tramadol and Gabapentin. They seem to work ok together. That is quite the excercise regiment you have.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15553 on: Apr 20, 2019, 05:44 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 51* and foggy at the moment, we had heavy rains over night, 1" since midnight and 3/4" before the 12 o'clock hour. ::)
                             I-45...........I'm glad to read you got some fresh air, that must have made you feel good. :thumbsup:
                             Wally..........How was the ride yesterday, it was warm but not very sunny here. ???
                             Marv..........How was the show last night, I hope you weren't out too late.  :whistle:
                             Bud...........You didn't really need a head cold at this time of year did you, I hope you're feeling better after your rest time. :thumbsup:
                             Eddie,/H2L.........I bet the creeks are roaring this morning. :%$#!:
                             My wife surprised me and came home yesterday, I didn't get a chance to plan a dinner for her home coming like I usually do, so we went
                 to Red Lobster last night, it was fantastic. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                            Not much going on today again, not much that I can do, the ground is too soft out, the rain has melted the rest of the snow here. :clap: :clap:
                            I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or recuperating from something or out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15554 on: Apr 20, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone  :bow:

IW Red Lobster makes a dang good emergency plan :thumbsup:

Getting ready to hit the road in a few. Excellent show last night and fun all the way around.

Hope you all have an excellent day! Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15555 on: Apr 20, 2019, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

WS......glad you have a fun trip, always nice to change things up a little  ;)2 :thumbsup: safe travels home  :)

IW.....nice of MrsIW to surprise you  :clap: :bow:  Red Lobster's a pretty good plan B  :thumbsup:

IF45.....fresh air, sunshine & a furry friend sounds like a great way to spend the day  :thumbsup: :clap:

Eddie.....guessing there'll be no streams for you today, got to be a mess after last night's rains  :-\

H2L.....who's winning the new puppy debate  ???

IFF....hope you're feeling better today  ;)

Yesterday's ride was VERY short, the rain that was due to start late afternoon managed to arrive late morning instead  :%$#!: :blink: 

Have a friend's 70th birthday party to attend today  :thumbsup:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15556 on: Apr 20, 2019, 09:31 AM »
40* to start the day. At least it is sunny.

The wife's appointment went well the other day. The nurse practitioner she saw was an old friend from working with her in the hospital. She played pimple popper to get a lot of the stuff out of the cyst. After the infection is gone one of the doctors will remover the cyst.

This week a guy called our poacher hotline with at tip that he thought three guys had left the Detroit River with an over limit of walleyes. Having a license plate number they knew where they were headed, Grand rapids area. CO's were able to stop them due to the driver not signaling a lane change. They were slightly over their limit of 15 walleyes. They had 80 walleyes total. The fish almost covered the bed of the CO's truck. I hope the judge does not just give them a slap on their hands like so often happens in Michigan.

Bud Hopefully your cold moves on soon.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15557 on: Apr 20, 2019, 09:40 AM »
TT.....that's awesome that the poachers got busted  :nono:  :clap:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  hopefully the judge will be in a bad mood when they appear in front of him  :woot:  glad all went well with MrsTT at her appointment  :thumbsup: 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15558 on: Apr 20, 2019, 12:24 PM »

Tom........That's a lot of fish, 15 over the limit what 65 were not enough. :%$#!: :cookoo:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15559 on: Apr 20, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Talk about some scum  :cookoo:

You can only hope the judge has some berries and throws the book at them.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15560 on: Apr 20, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Good day a Blessed Passover or Happy Easter to all safe journeys if traveling. Rain heavy at times this morning still chance of more showers before end of day.
Whopper Stopper good to hear your eyeglasses were fixed free of any charge and wife is seeing benefits from her eye drops. Glad you had a good trip and enjoyed the concert hope other motel guests did not keep you up at night.
Hunts2long remember to research want breed of dog is best for your wife in terms of shedding. Also remind your wife and youngest daughter that Scout may not take kindly to a new puppy.
Eddie that was a big starter kit you purchased may all the plants continue to grow and your grandchildren get to see plants go from seeds to full size and enjoy some home grown vegetables.
Ice Wanderer happy to read ortho. doctor is pleased with your recovery to date. Did you catch the mouse the Weather Cat brought home. Agree with others Red Lobster is always a good back up dinner plan.
Tom Turkey glad wife's doctor appointment went well best to you with the possible skin cancer removal. Hopefully the poachers receive some jail time along with any fines and loss of license.
Wallyworld better luck next trip out for brown trout. Have fun at your friends birthday party.
Icefisher-45 good to read your seeing improvement in arm after surgery.
IFF may you recover quickly from your head cold.

A pleasant evening to all.
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15561 on: Apr 20, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Good afternoon. 58 degrees and the rain has stopped.
Yes, West  and East Stoney running pretty good. The Sacandaga is a half foot over flood stage North of me at Hope. Lots of chunks of ice and wood coming down river. The lake is 1 foot from going over the spillway at the dam.

WW, I won the Puppy Bowl. I had help. Scout and the pup didn't seem to get along and even the wife said, "a pup would be too much" for us to handle.

Glad they caught the guys with the walleyes. The thing is, there are just so many that are like that. I even read on one of the forums where some guy said he had over 300 in his freezer from this past season, if you can believe him.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15562 on: Apr 20, 2019, 06:48 PM »
What no size limit on those walleyes ?

Went from the bed yesterday to the recliner today, hope it doesn't come back around the corner.  Think I got my apatite back so its a steak on the grill with taters wedges in the crisper.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15563 on: Apr 21, 2019, 04:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Wishing each and everybody a Happy Easter

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15564 on: Apr 21, 2019, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Easter Everybody!! 
  46* and cloudy this am, high of 66 expected, might see some afternoon rain today...don’t need anymore, ground is saturated! Had problems getting on again yesterday am...kept timing out before getting a connection again.

Marv...glad you had a good time at the show! Checked out the Bellamy Brothers site and played some music, they have some great songs I haven’t heard in a long time. Did they play ‘ Jalepenos ‘ by chance?   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...hope you’ve kicked that cold! Waiting to hear how that I-Pilot works.... :thumbsup:
  H2...looks like more wet weather heading our way, hope it won’t become an issue for you with the reservoir topping off!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...A Blessed Passover to you! The grandchildren will be over for dinner this afternoon, they’re going to be amazed seeing how big some of the beans and sunflowers are now!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...as mentioned, I hope the judge passes down a stiff penalty to the poachers as well...keep us posted! Glad things went well for your wife at the Dr.’s!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...no stream fishing again for a bit, they were running like chocolate milk again yesterday, lol. Might be time to get the old Jonboat back on the water until they settle down.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...nothing ever wrong with Red Lobster!   :thumbsup:

Meeting up with the majority of my family this am at the nursing home to celebrate Easter with my Mom. All the kids and grandchildren will be by early afternoon for dinner, and an Easter Egg hunt for the kids and adults. We have one big golden egg that is the top prize....contains movie tickets for two, lottery tickets, and a few small bottles of assorted spirits as well as candies for the adults, similar for the grandchildren but no spirits and $$ for the piggy banks.  ;D
  Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter Day no matter how it’s spent.....Cawfee’s on!

Morning Jeff,  Happy Easter to you and all the family!   :thumbsup: 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15565 on: Apr 21, 2019, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Mar, Eddie, ER's,
                             Happy Easter to everyone!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15566 on: Apr 21, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Easter or Blessed Passover !!!!!! Enjoy the day however you choose to celebrate !!!!!!!  Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15567 on: Apr 21, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Happy Easter all!! It quit raining and is warming up so that I can fire up the grill for Easter dinner!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15568 on: Apr 21, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Good evening gang,

Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter with family and friends.

Hope you all have a great night  :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15569 on: Apr 21, 2019, 08:54 PM »
Good evening, ditto DFF's comment on Easter. I made the trip to my Sister and BIL's good to see them and my nephew as usual my sister prepared a delicious meal .
Hunts2long just an idea many humane society shelters have older dogs that need good homes one of these dogs should be less active then a puppy and may get along well with scout.
IFF glad your feeling better may you have no set backs with the cold.
Eddie continued good health to your mom sure see enjoyed seeing all of the family. Nice present in the Golden egg. How did the grandchildren react when shown the bean and sunflower plants.
Whopper Stopper hope you and the "Girls" had a good day.
Ice Wanderer any of your sons and grandchildren come over to spend part of the day.
Wallyworld sure you talked with your son hope all is well with him and his family.
OldSailor what was on the Easter dinner menu.
Deerefishyfishy hope you had a great day with your wife and daughters. How is the coaching going so far.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.