The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 106994 times)

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #90 on: Dec 23, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Nube who's decided it's time to become part of the great community here.  Although I live just south of Cheyenne (yep, a greenie) my family and heart are in Wyoming.  Planning to hit up the lakes in Gowdy over the weekend - will be in a silver Tahoe, give me a shout if you're up that way.
We won't hold that against you Eye! We're glad you're here on the WYO board!!!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Eye Chaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Dec 27, 2011, 01:17 PM »
We won't hold that against you Eye! We're glad you're here on the WYO board!!!

Thanks Wyofarmer - you guys are great on here.  And to be clear, I do hold it against many of the greenies..... but those guys are nothing like me  ;)  :)   Thanks again for the welcome and for taking care of things here on IS!! :clap:   :tipup:

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #92 on: Dec 27, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Thanks Wyofarmer - you guys are great on here.  And to be clear, I do hold it against many of the greenies..... but those guys are nothing like me  ;)  :)   Thanks again for the welcome and for taking care of things here on IS!! :clap:   :tipup:
We actually have several CO guys that post regularly on here. No cross boarder rivalry here. Just a bunch of great guys on here.

Offline 307_bows

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:29 PM »
I am going to hit up Curt Gowdy tomorrow, just not sure which lake yet. If you see me out there stop by and say hey. Silver chevy crew with a black truck box and a black fish eagle hut.
You can take the boy from Wyoming, but you can never take Wyoming from the boy.

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Dec 29, 2011, 05:19 PM »
heading to the gorge tomarrow  maybe around sage creek you see a red f250 Harley Davison edition stop by and say hi.
i will have 4wheeler with me
Vance

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #95 on: Dec 29, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Is anybody headed to Ocean this weekend?

Offline ridin_high25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Dec 29, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Hey everyone. Ethan from cody. I drive a silver ford powerstroke wear a grey and black Ice Armor suit. Sometimes set up the Frabill shanty. Fish new cody res, sunshine, anywhere there is ice really. Stop by and drop a line or lets go somewhere new!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:20 AM »
I will be at KeyHole this afternoon 1 ish Wind Creek, tan chevy Red ATV. Eve 21 will be with.

Appleye
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline budlit714

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:13 AM »
I'm planning on going out to keyhole too.  Yellow 4-wheeler and green otter fish house.

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:31 AM »
I'll be out on Boysen tomorrow, green chevy 1/2 ton, either in muddy or east shore somewhere. Feel free to swing by
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #100 on: Jan 04, 2012, 12:29 AM »
Just moved back to Gillette anyone want to try Desmit and see if we can find the walleyes.  Hear that some people have picked up a few. We can start using minnows. Also looking into tournaments. Keyhole is coming up and Boysen is to. Anyone want to team up and see how we do?  I have ruffly 25plus tip ups, 5-10 ice poles, two augers 8" and 10", small stand up fribill ice shanty and a heavy duty one that we built for hattie that wont blow away. Its heavy but can sleep in it.  Don't have a forwheeler.  So I walk and pull my gear.  Also has anyone heard about healy I've been working around the clock so haven't payed much attention. I hope I didn't miss it. 
No one left behind.     

Offline Lyndon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • cold feet
« Reply #101 on: Jan 04, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Is anybody headed to Ocean this weekend?
I am going to bring my wife answer kids out for there first ice fishing/wintercamping trip. I was kinda planning on Ocean but have been contemplating Boysen?  You are going to ocean? What would you recommend for a family outing?

Offline DeadSeaFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I get the SLOW bite alot!
« Reply #102 on: Jan 04, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Just moved back to Gillette anyone want to try Desmit and see if we can find the walleyes.  Hear that some people have picked up a few. We can start using minnows. Also looking into tournaments. Keyhole is coming up and Boysen is to. Anyone want to team up and see how we do?  I have ruffly 25plus tip ups, 5-10 ice poles, two augers 8" and 10", small stand up fribill ice shanty and a heavy duty one that we built for hattie that wont blow away. Its heavy but can sleep in it.  Don't have a forwheeler.  So I walk and pull my gear.  Also has anyone heard about healy I've been working around the clock so haven't payed much attention. I hope I didn't miss it.
Jed Johnson from gilllete and UW, AFS, and green river trips?!?!?!  ;-)
><{{{{*>~---

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #103 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I am going to bring my wife answer kids out for there first ice fishing/wintercamping trip. I was kinda planning on Ocean but have been contemplating Boysen?  You are going to ocean? What would you recommend for a family outing?
I havn't heard a lot of good about Boysen here lately and Ocean isn't much better. If you want to be left alone and drown some minners, hit Ocean. Boysen might have a slightly better chance hooking something. Good luck!

Offline pjcool30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Jan 04, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Headed to Pathfinder Saturday found out that they have been catching 3-5 pound trout around wolf point, early morning and slower during day but they are still hitting. :tipup:

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #105 on: Jan 04, 2012, 10:53 PM »
DeadSeafisher
Ya found Me. Brings me back to the good old days. Who is DeadSeaFisher I bet you joined use on one of the wild college trips to the river. Give a dog a bone.
No one left behind.     

Offline wyo10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Jan 06, 2012, 12:27 AM »
Hey guys, name is kyle, live in cheyenne work shift work so i have a lot of random days off. If anyone wants to hit the ice let me know, I just moved here from cheyenne a year ago so dont know much about cheyenne lakes but as for the plains and toltec and wheatland and saratoga I have fished a lot, I got power auger and plenty of gear and two ice huts. good luck to you guys and hope to meet some guys out there. Also heading to saratoga derby so hope to see you guys and gals out there

Offline pigskin_80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:51 AM »
Glendo is open. you really should save some gas and head to Curt Gowdy....big fis!   

Offline DeadSeaFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:38 PM »
DeadSeafisher
Ya found Me. Brings me back to the good old days. Who is DeadSeaFisher I bet you joined use on one of the wild college trips to the river. Give a dog a bone.
Hey jed, Jesse Mc, fished with you lots, and a couple years ago at keyhole tourney and got super snickered in your hut in the dark, trying to catch a monster. I will prob be in Keyhole for the tourney again.
><{{{{*>~---

Offline DK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Jan 13, 2012, 11:05 PM »
I fish at the Gorge, from the boatdock to Breeze Hill, if it gets ice.  Tomorrow I'll be at swim beach until 4, then I'm going to the R.S. side of the confluence/Cherokee Trail till Sunday afternoon.  Driving a maroon Dodge w/ 4 wheeler trailer. Good Luck!

Offline byron basser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Jan 14, 2012, 02:58 AM »
Scott here heading for the Hut Party. Driving the white buick (Ya I know it is a grandma car, but the price was right) fishing out of a blue viking shelter.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Jan 15, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Considering an easy trip to Healy or possibly Osage tomorrow. Rumor is a storm may be coming in. KH is an option too I guess. Anyone planning on being out tomorrow on one of the three?

Offline sleeslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:16 PM »
I am 21 years old going to school in Laramie originally from Casper.. I have a gas auger tip ups and quite a bit of other stuff ... I guide fly fisherman durin the summers and live to ice fish during the winter.. I am a walleye guy but realy I just like to catch fish! Big fish are even better .. I have been trying to figure hattie out but its been bending me over hard since it iced up .. We did extremely well with flies the 3 weeks before it froze and now i cant catch a fish to save my life. So if anyone that is in the same boat or actually knows the lake i would love to figure it out!

Willie, It's Seth Lee.  How's it going buddy??  Should try to get together on the ice one of these days!!  Holler at me if you want to hit Pathy or Seminoe one weekend. 

Offline DeadSeaFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Jan 21, 2012, 01:24 AM »
SLEE thought you were BOB. Must have been taking the pics. weird.
><{{{{*>~---

Offline sleeslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Jan 21, 2012, 01:34 AM »
Yea Bob caught most of em' so I figured he should be in the pics!! 

Offline wyodave87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #115 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Hey all. Newbie here. I'm Dave from sheridan. I've mostly been fishing tongue river rez up in Montana so far. Tagging along with my buddy jeff. This is my first year ice fishing and i'm slowly getting gear together. But what i lack in gear i try to make up for by doing as much of the work as i can. So if you want somebody to pack your gear hit me up. I'm up for any sheridan area lakes. Also if you see me on the lake i'm the tall younger guy with the goatee fishing with the older shorter guy. I drive a silver dodge but most of the time we're in jeff's green dodge.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Hey all. Newbie here. I'm Dave from sheridan. I've mostly been fishing tongue river rez up in Montana so far. Tagging along with my buddy jeff. This is my first year ice fishing and i'm slowly getting gear together. But what i lack in gear i try to make up for by doing as much of the work as i can. So if you want somebody to pack your gear hit me up. I'm up for any sheridan area lakes. Also if you see me on the lake i'm the tall younger guy with the goatee fishing with the older shorter guy. I drive a silver dodge but most of the time we're in jeff's green dodge.
Can you cook?  ;D

Welcome to the Wyoming Shanty wyodave! Sheridan is a great town!

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #117 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:01 PM »
Welcome wyodave87!

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy