The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 107325 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #150 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Hey HydroGuy! I don't hit Bull or Dinwoody, but did want to say welcome to the Shanty and if you get up to the NE, drop me a PM.  :tipup:

Offline Nhurley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #151 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Gonna be heading up to the Snowies and possibly Owen Saturday! Have to test out the new gear and make sure everything is in working order. Probably going to try to fish high but if the road is closed will resort to Owen. I'll be in Red Eskimo Pop-up style hut with a small Plywood/ski sled, and red dodge mega cab pick up with CO plates (I know :) ) Let me know if you'll be up there!

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #152 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:48 AM »
New to the site as of last year, but didn't have time to post much due to finishing the basement of our house and my wife giving birth to our first child. Currently live in Riverton and work as a hydrologist. Grew up in glacial lake country in northeast SD ice fishing for walleye, perch, and pike.  Needless to say, that spoiled me, so I've spent most of my time on the ice out here chasing trout and largemouth bass. Usually fish alone, but am eager to try out Bull and Dinwoody Lakes on the reservation for trout and ling. If anybody plans on hitting those two lakes with regularity this winter or needs a fishing partner for anywhere else in the area, shoot me a message because I'd definitely be up for splitting gas and bringing equipment (i.e., big flip over shack, gas auger, heater, Marcum LX-5, tons of poles, etc.) Thanks, and tight lines to all!
Welcome HydroGuy. Here in Riv too. Boysen, Bass and Ocean is what we usually hit.
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #153 on: Dec 07, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Thinking Tie Hack or Meadowlark tomorrow morning - 12/8.

Offline Perchcrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Dec 08, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Thinking Tie Hack or Meadowlark tomorrow morning - 12/8.

Did you go? If so tell us about it please
A Bad day of fishing in better than a Good day at Work!!!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #155 on: Dec 10, 2012, 07:28 PM »
   Anybody up for a Boysen trip this week... Tues.,Wed., or Thurs. Shoot me a pm or call my cell. The number is on the resort listings.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #156 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:26 AM »
I'm thinking about running up to Custer, SD Wens. AM 12/12, hit Stockade and Bismark. (Perch, bass, crappies and northerns) if someone would like to check it out. I will stop by the Osage Power plant and LAK and check the ice on the way by. Will be back around darkish. Leaving from Moorcroft.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline jasonfishn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #157 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:21 AM »
I bet LAK is froze up pretty good not sure on the others tho but its been cold enough for a bit now.
I admit it I am an Ice O Holic

(Fish) it's what's for dinner

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #158 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:45 AM »
LAK is fishable by my standards. Didn't stop by Osage, some moron train guy had the blocking crossed. I'd never do that!  :whistle:

Offline jasonfishn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #159 on: Dec 11, 2012, 12:10 PM »
lol darn them train guys lol so it must have 3-4 inches then huh
I admit it I am an Ice O Holic

(Fish) it's what's for dinner

Offline sdwhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Dec 14, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Hey Guys, I'm new to WY (recently relocated to Casper with my job promotion) and would like to get out and ice fish - problem is, I have NO IDEA where to go... I was a very active ice fisherman back in South Dakota, I have everything I need to ice fish.   Would any of you be willing to meet up (I'm willing to travel around the state).  I'd  like to make some new friends and learn the area better....

A little bit about me - I'm married,39,  2 kids, moved to Casper in March from SE South Dakota, was an avid ice fisherman there, love to archery hunt whitetail deer also pheasant/goose/duck hunt... I work for Meadow Gold Dairy and manage 5 sites in the state, so I travel alot - I plan on keeping my ice fishing gear in my truck so I can ice fish while travelling...

Jeff

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #161 on: Dec 15, 2012, 07:46 AM »
The casper guys should be able to help you but if you ever make it over to boysen/ocean lakes shoot me a p.m. and I could help ya out.  ;D

Offline sdwhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #162 on: Dec 15, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Thanks farmer i am in that area a little bit. I have a hub in riverton and worland. Is there ice there it has been a couple weeks since i have been in the area.  Let me know when there is good ice over there.  Thanks!! Oh is there walleye in boysen?  :tipup:

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #163 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:20 AM »
Hey Guys, I'm new to WY (recently relocated to Casper with my job promotion) and would like to get out and ice fish - problem is, I have NO IDEA where to go... I was a very active ice fisherman back in South Dakota, I have everything I need to ice fish.   Would any of you be willing to meet up (I'm willing to travel around the state).  I'd  like to make some new friends and learn the area better....

A little bit about me - I'm married,39,  2 kids, moved to Casper in March from SE South Dakota, was an avid ice fisherman there, love to archery hunt whitetail deer also pheasant/goose/duck hunt... I work for Meadow Gold Dairy and manage 5 sites in the state, so I travel alot - I plan on keeping my ice fishing gear in my truck so I can ice fish while travelling...I'm also from S.Dak.,up around Sisseton...Good fishin up on those glaciial lakes. Live in Casper so if you want,give me a shout...number is in the resort and bait shop section.

Jeff

Offline sdwhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #164 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:26 AM »
That would be great to meet you i am from vermillion. Yes the fishing is amazing up there. I will be in south dakota fishing for 10 days over christmas break fishing so i hope i can find some good ice. well i can keep going north till i hit some. ;D I will give you a call sometime next week or after the new year.. Thanks for you help.... :tipup:

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #165 on: Dec 16, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Thanks farmer i am in that area a little bit. I have a hub in riverton and worland. Is there ice there it has been a couple weeks since i have been in the area.  Let me know when there is good ice over there.  Thanks!! Oh is there walleye in boysen:tipup:
Oh ya....there's eyes in Boysen!

Offline DeadSeaFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I get the SLOW bite alot!
« Reply #166 on: Dec 17, 2012, 10:07 PM »
...Allegedly.  :o
><{{{{*>~---

Offline sdwhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #167 on: Dec 20, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I can't wait to find out. I will be out of the state till new years. I hope when i get back there is some good ice.  :tipup:

Offline Nhurley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #168 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Heading out to Crystal in the morning! I'll be in a red Mega Cab Dodge and a Red Eskimo pop up hut. Stop by and Say hi if your in the area! Good luck  to all hitting the hard water this weekend

Offline wyofishlady

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #169 on: Dec 22, 2012, 12:29 PM »
Sure hope to get out there soon!

Offline okiefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #170 on: Dec 23, 2012, 03:18 AM »
me to

Offline Barnacle Brad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #171 on: Dec 29, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Brad Campbell, Greybull. Usually fish the Sunshine Reservoirs, but interested in joining anyone who might want to go to Yellow Tail and show me the ropes! I have a jiffy auger, sled, fish finder and some good flat head cherry wine! email [email protected]. I am free most days with a days notice.

Thanks!

Offline Barnacle Brad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #172 on: Dec 29, 2012, 04:41 PM »
I wonder if there is a way for the moderator to break this thread into regions of the state?

Just a thought...

Offline pjcool30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #173 on: Dec 30, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Anyone going to Pathfinder Monday morning? Gonna be bishop area, do not want to push in on fishing hole just nice to know people around that will watch out for each other.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #174 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Eve21 and I are planning on hitting Keyhole Sat Jan. 5, 2013 about 8AM at the Pinehaven boat ramp. The game plan is an all out perch hunt. We have a couple place in mind and the more help the better. See you there.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #175 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:33 PM »
   Anybody interested in fishing Alcova tomorrow?

Offline DeadSeaFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I get the SLOW bite alot!
« Reply #176 on: Jan 16, 2013, 08:36 PM »
oh im interested, but work got in the way. good luck!
><{{{{*>~---

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #177 on: Jan 19, 2013, 01:46 PM »
Headed to the gorge Monday morn will be there for 3 to 4 days, Driving red ford with a white ice castle, if you see us stop by for a cup of coffee.
Steve

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #178 on: Jan 19, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Heading to Crystal in the a.m., grey stone Chevy w/ topper and a red Eskimo shanty.  Stop by and say hey.

Offline Wyofire36

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slobbin
« Reply #179 on: Jan 20, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Hello my name is tony and I am located in Casper. Came from Wisconsin 9 years ago and haven't ice fished since the move. Looking to gain experience ice fishing in Wyoming versus Wisconsin. Big difference.  Anyways fished my whole life and have gotten the itch. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you out there.
Catching Slobs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.