The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 107046 times)

Offline wyodave87

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #120 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:30 AM »
Might be hitting TR Rez for an afternoon trip today if I can talk Jeff into it and break away from work.

Offline bronco73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Feb 03, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Mike, 41 new to the area and new to ice fishing. I live in Casper and always great to meet people who hunt and fish. I have all my own equipment, just ready to catch some fish.

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #122 on: Feb 03, 2012, 03:48 PM »
Mike, 41 new to the area and new to ice fishing. I live in Casper and always great to meet people who hunt and fish. I have all my own equipment, just ready to catch some fish.

Welcome to the site Mike. Welcome to ice fishing as well!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Welcome aboard Mike! My last Bronco was a built up '69.  :tipup:

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:44 PM »
I might be game for Pathfinder, Alcova or Goldeneye on Thursday or Friday.... If anyone is going maby we can meet up....

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Me and Drocks101 are planning on fishing the burbot derby this weekend and need a third person for our team. Anyone interested?
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:29 PM »
DeSmet in the morning and Healy in the afternoon is the plan for tomorrow. Blue suit, Clam Pro, walking and trolling.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Team Lightning and I are running to Pactola Res in SD Monday 2/13. Leaving Moorcroft around 5am if anyone would like to tag along and chase lake trout for a day your welcome to gone us!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline eyeman316

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #128 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:57 PM »
Heading o little res on Wednesday around 10am ill be in the grey Chevy pickup any one wants to join me pm me

Offline 70fish357

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Feb 15, 2012, 12:02 AM »
70fish357 rookie  Wanting to hit Glendo. any reports on the ice and if the perch are hitting.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #130 on: Feb 15, 2012, 01:47 PM »
70fish357 rookie  Wanting to hit Glendo. any reports on the ice and if the perch are hitting.
Welcome to the Shanty everybody!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline jimmyjames

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #131 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:33 PM »
Wanting to hit the plains lakes this sunday maybe Hattie or Little butte

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #132 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Jimmy,
Welcome to the site!

Offline kyle.petz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Feb 29, 2012, 06:29 PM »
My Name is Kyle and I live in Rock Springs, WY. I am 30 years old and love fishing!!!! I just recently got into Ice Fishing and a little late in the year, but I will try to get the hang of it before next winter. I am heading to Lost Dog at the confluence on Flaming Gorge first thing in the Morning 3/1/2012 I plan on fishing all day thursday, that night, and all day Friday, Maybe I will see ya there. Last Fri/Sat I did pretty good on ling and 3 pup Lakers in about 70 or 80 feet of water. Just picked up the Humminbird 345c so I will knoiw how deep this time  ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:02 PM »
My Name is Kyle and I live in Rock Springs, WY. I am 30 years old and love fishing!!!! I just recently got into Ice Fishing and a little late in the year, but I will try to get the hang of it before next winter. I am heading to Lost Dog at the confluence on Flaming Gorge first thing in the Morning 3/1/2012 I plan on fishing all day thursday, that night, and all day Friday, Maybe I will see ya there. Last Fri/Sat I did pretty good on ling and 3 pup Lakers in about 70 or 80 feet of water. Just picked up the Humminbird 345c so I will knoiw how deep this time  ;D
Good luck. you will love that bird! welcome :icefish:

Offline kyle.petz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Feb 29, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Good luck. you will love that bird! welcome :icefish:
Thank you for the welcome Prospector

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Aug 17, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Live in Cheyenne, just moved back from the midwest so I'm newer to icefishing (but addicted).  Family man, have a pop-up shelter, hand auger, Vex FL-12, and about 3 rods at this time.  Looking to get into the ice fishing community in this state.  I'm a Firefighter so my schedule is pretty fisher friendly.  Hope to see some of ya' out there and maybe fish a time or two with ya'.    :thumbsup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Aug 17, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Welcome to the Wyoming Shanty Boowee! I don't get down to that part of the State often though I'm certain you'll be meeting fellow IS members close to you. My son is a volunteer firefighter back home, so a huge thanks for your community service!  :clap: :thumbsup: :tipup:

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #138 on: Aug 17, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty Boowee! Glad to have ya here.
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Aug 17, 2012, 02:53 PM »
Welcome to the Wyoming Shanty Boowee! I don't get down to that part of the State often though I'm certain you'll be meeting fellow IS members close to you. My son is a volunteer firefighter back home, so a huge thanks for your community service!  :clap: :thumbsup: :tipup:
Thanks for the welcome, I'll probably make it up to your part of the state sometime this hardwater season so maybe I'll see ya' out there.

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Aug 17, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty Boowee! Glad to have ya here.

Thank you, glad to be here.  Glad that I found a resource like this!!!

Offline jasonfishn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #141 on: Aug 17, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Where do you reside and spend time on the ice Boowee
I admit it I am an Ice O Holic

(Fish) it's what's for dinner

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Aug 18, 2012, 07:42 AM »
Reside in Cheyenne, but I'm already looking at my Wyoming Atlas & Gazetteer and planning on places to drive to this winter.  This is obviously my first Wyoming ice fishing year so It'll take me some time I'm sure to find my favorite spots.  But I'm pumped to get started.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Aug 19, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Reside in Cheyenne, but I'm already looking at my Wyoming Atlas & Gazetteer and planning on places to drive to this winter.  This is obviously my first Wyoming ice fishing year so It'll take me some time I'm sure to find my favorite spots.  But I'm pumped to get started.
Well by Wyoming standards you;re not too far from a number of good spots. Glendo can be good, but sketchy ice at times. Then there's Boysen and Ocean near Riverton and there are threads on fishing around Laramie as well. You might give the fellers at PK Lures a holler (ofc pick up some rainbow Flutterfish lures in 3/8oz too!) they're from Cheyenne and do a TON of hardwater. Between the Wyoming Fishing Reports and Conditions thread and a few contacts here, you'll find many places to set up on.

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Aug 20, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Well by Wyoming standards you;re not too far from a number of good spots. Glendo can be good, but sketchy ice at times. Then there's Boysen and Ocean near Riverton and there are threads on fishing around Laramie as well. You might give the fellers at PK Lures a holler (ofc pick up some rainbow Flutterfish lures in 3/8oz too!) they're from Cheyenne and do a TON of hardwater. Between the Wyoming Fishing Reports and Conditions thread and a few contacts here, you'll find many places to set up on.
Thank you much for the info!!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Sixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #145 on: Aug 25, 2012, 02:19 AM »
Welcome Boowee! I'm also from Cheyenne. Granite and Crystal usually have sturdy ice early in the season. Don't count out Sloans, with a variety of fish and large rainbows it can be fun. Start watching the threads for updates on all the lakes closer to Thanksgiving. Hope to see you out on the ice!

-Sixxer
"Of course our rods are short, it's freezing out here!"

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Aug 26, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Thanks Sixxer!!!  I'm sure we'll see eachother out there, I got some new gear this year so I'm ready to use it!!!  Catch up with ya' later.

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #147 on: Sep 23, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Starting to see some activity here on the shanty board !!!!  Gets ya a little excited...... it will be a while yet before we see some hard water......but I was in the pole barn the other day & looked up on the shelf to make sure the shelter, Vexilar & other gear was still there....maybe I should go put a charger on the vex for a little while.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Sep 24, 2012, 10:22 AM »
Put the boat away and moved the hut into prep mode. I have a new Lowrance Elite 5 ice with GPS and look foreward to putting it to work. The challenge this year is fishing totally new water with the low water conditions.   
olefish

Offline HydroGuy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #149 on: Oct 24, 2012, 02:16 PM »
New to the site as of last year, but didn't have time to post much due to finishing the basement of our house and my wife giving birth to our first child. Currently live in Riverton and work as a hydrologist. Grew up in glacial lake country in northeast SD ice fishing for walleye, perch, and pike.  Needless to say, that spoiled me, so I've spent most of my time on the ice out here chasing trout and largemouth bass. Usually fish alone, but am eager to try out Bull and Dinwoody Lakes on the reservation for trout and ling. If anybody plans on hitting those two lakes with regularity this winter or needs a fishing partner for anywhere else in the area, shoot me a message because I'd definitely be up for splitting gas and bringing equipment (i.e., big flip over shack, gas auger, heater, Marcum LX-5, tons of poles, etc.) Thanks, and tight lines to all!
"We never know the worth of water till the well is dry." -- Thomas Fuller

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.