Author Topic: 2018 Loughborough Laker Watch  (Read 9334 times)

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2018 Loughborough Laker Watch
« Reply #60 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Went out for 2.5 hrs today marked lots of fish and managed to go 1 for 2. Fish I lost was on 4” white tube one I landed was on 2” pearl jigging shad rap. Both fish were small but saw some guys get some nice keeper size Lakers out there. Fish seemed to be everywhere I fished from 44 to 89 fow and marked pretty consistently.

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Just coming off  nights at work today, have a mandatory meeting at 6 tomorrow morning in Trenton. Hoping to be on the road by 9 and fishing by 11.
Give a shot in the 80 ' range out by the ramp if you are around pop by.  Eskimo 3i and a strikemaster electric.

May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Jan 18, 2018, 02:45 PM »
No update to be had, went to my meeting and was out by 9 as planned. Only made it as far as Shannonville before this cold/flu bug turned me around to go home. Been in bed all day....sucks.

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Anyone ever try for Lakers after dark? Just wondering if they bite at night.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Anyone ever try for Lakers after dark? Just wondering if they bite at night.
Ive tried a couple times but didnt have any luck
@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Heading over to Lobo tomorrow anyone having luck lately?

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Marked 5 or 6 bumped one. During this trip I will attest to the fact that no fish were caught or injured during this venture. Saw one clam shelter and one Eskimo shelter when i arrived. I planted the second Eskimo to the southwest of the others and fished 62 ft. of water. Took a bit to get off the ice, pinched nerve in back last week so I believe i took 5-6 breaks just getting off the ice.

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Marked 5 or 6 bumped one. During this trip I will attest to the fact that no fish were caught or injured during this venture. Saw one clam shelter and one Eskimo shelter when i arrived. I planted the second Eskimo to the southwest of the others and fished 62 ft. of water. Took a bit to get off the ice, pinched nerve in back last week so I believe i took 5-6 breaks just getting off the ice.

I'm hoping to get out there next week.  Can you tell me approx. what the ice thickness was? Just wondering if I should bring my atv.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:39 AM »
I'm hoping to get out there next week.  Can you tell me approx. what the ice thickness was? Just wondering if I should bring my atv.
Did not dip for depth but in the cove area that I was on I would have no issues on stating 12-14 inches.

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 03, 2018, 12:10 PM »
Did not dip for depth but in the cove area that I was on I would have no issues on stating 12-14 inches.

Thanks, I will be sure to report back with hopefully some good luck.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:17 PM »
Not sure if anyone here has been out lately but work and sore back kept me off the water for the past 3 weeks. If you have been out in the last few days maybe you can shed some light on the condition of Lobo either at the south west ramp or Davidson. Thinking of a trip out there in the morning.

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:24 AM »
I would advise extreme caution on Loughborough.  I went out yesterday late afternoon at the southwest launch.  The ice has holes from the rain and thin spots.  The thickness was inconsistent and  the surface was mushy.  If someone is going to fall through, it will be during the next week.  As far as the bite,  typical for Feb.  I didn't drill any holes, just trolled around between existing holes.  I found one hole with consistent active fish (follower every few minutes) but they were non-committal.  I washed all my lures in front of them, they even rejected a live minnow. 

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Feb 27, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Yep I figured as much so I stayed off the ice and went to North Country Marine and bought a new trailer for the boat....lol....do not keep fish and go fishing, do not go fishing so buy a trailer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.