Author Topic: Rice lake  (Read 951 times)

Offline 1madcrappies

• IceShanty Rookie
Rice lake
« on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Thinking about going to rice lake this weekend I never ice fish there can any buddy tell me any a good spot to get some crappies don't need your honey hole pz an thank you  ;D

Offline olddog9

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rice lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2012, 07:22 AM »
i fished alot on rice last year and think i caught 2 crappie all winter,MNR were regular visitors at Cow and Long island and said nobody was catching many crappie.Perch was really good.Had best luck in bay off birdsall line.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2012, 07:46 AM »
I had similar issues, i fished Rice 3 times last season and did not ice a crappie. Found a good collection of perch, but the crappie were harder to find. If you check in with the bait shop in Bewdley they may help (BJ's).. I know there were giving some advice last season

Offline Racer222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:19 PM »
I fished Chemong all Saturday morning for crappie and could only get perch. I went down to Bewdley for the afternoon/evening and managed to catch a nice crappie right at dark. I'm sure it was just dumb luck because I have never fished Rice lake before and it sounds like they can be hard to come by at times.

Offline 1madcrappies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2012, 12:07 AM »
Thanks for the info but think am going to wait for spring time on open water before I go for crappies at rice it seem to hard to find them on the ice but thanks anyways :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.