Author Topic: Batteresa Lakes? Long weekend ideas  (Read 939 times)

Offline 1fishinator

• IceShanty Rookie
Batteresa Lakes? Long weekend ideas
« on: Feb 09, 2011, 06:42 AM »
My wife and myself have rented a cabin on Loughborough lake for the long weekend.  The only lake I've fished is Loughborough with limited results (lakers). I am a very lucky man that my wife enjoys fishing, but of course she gets bored sitting in a portable hut ALL DAY with no fish  >:(...so do I lol!!!

Just looking for some other suggestions of lakes in the area to fish, thinking about walking into Paddy's but wondering if it's really worth the hike, maybe try Dog.  That's the problem you guys have SO MANY lakes within 1/2 hour of Batteresa.....it's crazy!!! :o  Strictly catch and release, we have all the gear, hut, camera, flasher etc....but we are on foot so walking more than 2km is not an option with all this snow and slush.  Not looking for someones's honey hole....just some decent fishing....   any help would greatly be appreciated.  PM me if ya don't want to tell the world.

Cheers

Jason

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Batteresa Lakes? Long weekend ideas
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Jason - try Dog lake - north end, off Hogan's point.  I've heard good things about the pike fishing there, and splake and crappie too.

I also heard Verona/Rock lake as well as hambly were producing some good pike and lots of panfish.  Sounds like you already caught your trophy..an ice fishing wife!  What do you do when you want to get away from the wife though? ;)
Tight lines

Offline 1fishinator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Thanks for the info...I'll give it a try for sure.  As for the wife.....I sure I am lucky....she still lets me go fishing with the boys...lol ;D

Offline seoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:50 PM »
If your fishing for pike on dog get some tip-ups and big shiners and wait for the flags to start flyin

when it gets dark but on a buckshot and move towards shore jigging if ur lucky ull get a couple crappie without having to move too far
SEOO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.