Author Topic: +8 and Rain  (Read 1396 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
+8 and Rain
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:05 AM »
this is brutal, as I anxiously await my trip to Quinte this weekend, it kills me to see 24 hours of rain and +8 weather. It is suppose to cool off as the week progresses and a nice cold snap this weekend, but will the damage already be done? my guide believed we will be in good shape, my fingers are crossed

Offline getnjiggywithit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: +8 and Rain
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:47 AM »
+4 here in Ottawa and its suppose to go up to +6 this afternoon ???

Offline stoph

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:10 AM »
worrying unfortunately doesn't help! The temp is supposed to drop back down to 0 or minus slightly by later today (i'm in oakville) and continue dropping down to rest at -6ish by the end of the week, thats daytimes and the nights are obviously colder, i don't think theres any nasty wind forecast to confuse things. I would say you are prob gonna be on for the weekend, i'm not familier with quinte but from what i can gather i would guess some spots in quinte will be sketchy, but not all. You might not have the freedom to rip all over on machines but i'm sure there will be 'safe' spots to fish. If your guide is confident then so am i.  Rest easy (work) and continue to look foreward to your weekend, i'll bet you'll be on for the fishing!

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2010, 04:57 PM »
If the weather here travels your way you'll be in for some cold temps. Hope you don't get all the snow though.
Yesterday saw over freezing temps with drizzle. Turned to snow later and ended up being a big snowstorm.
Couldn't get out of driveway so had to break out the snowbower.
Today we had more snow and wind with temps now -14 with a windchill of -24.
Calling for daytime highs of -16 next 3 days.
Hope things keep chilling.
Glen

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I know the feeling I am heading to Simcoe on the weekend and have been checking weathernetwork . com nonstop.  Everything should be fine by the weekend lots of sub zero weather coming if anything this rain should make some nice solid ice.
@jzuliniak

Offline solar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:55 AM »
I was going to try the Mississippi Lake later this week, but the concerns for me are not just the warming temperatures, but the rising water levels. Since we received so much water, the rising levels could do as much to strain and crack up the ice as the warm temps and create the odd dangerous spot I would think. I have a few days off this week and would like to make it to the lake, but I think I'll wait 'till the hardcore freezing temps hit on the weekend and reposition things.

Chris

Offline burnerator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:31 PM »
you should have taken chouderhead's dad with you.

signed

burnerator

p.s

see you in Belleville tomorrow night.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:36 AM »
I took Chowder_Heads Dad...aka burnerator with me this weekend and the old man couldnt cut it.. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.