Author Topic: OK What Happend  (Read 1099 times)

Offline 2963johns

• IceShanty Rookie
OK What Happend
« on: Feb 15, 2009, 06:29 AM »
I am 47 and just getting back to ice fishing. It has been 20+ years since I have taken to the ice and to my amazement it looks like a dessert out their were has every one gone from the bait stores to the hut operators and just the people. Yes Simcoe still has a thriving ice fishery but Quinte and Scugog are not so the fish are still their I have had a good season so far so what happened!!

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: OK What Happend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:43 AM »
Shortter ice season due to rising temps. The intrduction of portable huts the advancement of plastic baits has made it hard for hut operators and bait stores to make a buck. They disappear one at a time.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: OK What Happend
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2009, 12:43 PM »
I agree with RR on this one...":> Advancement makes it good for the everyday guy just to go out when he wants bring the portable making it less profitable for the operators  to keep their operations open. Good for us bad for them.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.