The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: DO NOT DRINK WINDSHEILD WASHER FLUID!!!!!!!NOT GOOD......  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
i heard of using windsheild washer fluid on the ice to set your flasher transducer on, and i also heard it was illegal to do of course i was only 18 i thought "i wont get caught i'll put it in a pop can" so i did and indeed it did work great looked right through the ice perfectly, till i wasnt thinking clearly and decided to take a swig of washerfluid out of the incogneto pop bottle, YUCK, PATOOOOEEEEE THAT STUFF TASTES LIKE CRAP, no good what so ever and also higly poiseness, has some kind of alcohol in it that will make you permenetly blind, so i called the poisen center and as soon as she answered the cell phone died LOL figure, so i go to my buddies shanty his phone died also but it waited until the operator said "OH this is not good"
great im scrared s#@tless now, so i chugged a 2 liter of pepsi to make my self sick. That did nothing but give me a major stomach ache from hell, so i got in my truck bloated as ever and drove to a gas station where i used there bathroom LOL and then the phone, and called poisen center back and she said if i drank 1 fluid ounce or more i was in serius trouble but if not ill be fine, i figured i drank less than .5 fluid ounces so i did what any dedicated fisherman would do, i told her thanks for leting me use the phone bought a cofee(was pepsi'd out by that time) and returned to the lake where we ended up catching a bunch of nice perch....Moral of the story dont use windsheild washer fluid for a conductor use non toxic anti freeze.....hope you gotta kick out of the storey...Mickey
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: DO NOT DRINK WINDSHEILD WASHER FLUID!!!!!!!NOT GOOD......
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 06:26 AM »
I think I would have keep that to myself, and my closest friends.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:29 AM »
If the ice is clear, you can use a little bit of water for your transducer on the ice.

Saves you the trouble of pouring pollution on the ice or drinking it.

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Like i said it was 10 years ago and i do not practice this, i did it once and learned my lesson, if you read the rest of the psot you would have seen that! im not out there poluting waters with toxic chemicals, so think what you want of it, i actually pick other fishermans crap all the time, even old cigerette buts!!!! how many of you can say that!!!!! sorry to have made anybody angry over that post but your boats polute water 1000 times more than me
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 12:22 PM »
Sooo ...
After you did this could you see a little more clearly?

:D
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Like i said it was 10 years ago and i do not practice this, i did it once and learned my lesson, if you read the rest of the psot you would have seen that! im not out there poluting waters with toxic chemicals, so think what you want of it, i actually pick other fishermans crap all the time, even old cigerette buts!!!! how many of you can say that!!!!! sorry to have made anybody angry over that post but your boats polute water 1000 times more than me

Calm down sport, you said you were 18, not that it happened 10 years ago.  Since I know exactly who you are and how old you currently are...  oh, wait... I don't.  Silly me.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:34 PM »
LOL...Rat-Man

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.