The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ottawa County newb  (Read 1268 times)

Offline fishwenican

• IceShanty Rookie
Ottawa County newb
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:33 PM »
I haven't been out yet this year so I was checking the net to find out what the fishing reports were and found this site.  Looks like a great site to find out what is going on so i signed up.

Anyone been out around the Spring Lake area?  I usually end up going north, fished a lot at White Lake last year.  I fish Cranberry Lake once in a while also, has anyone every tried Crockery Lake, I never have, but have always wondered how it would be.  The County bought some land on the north side of the Grand River last year or this year and there is an old land locked bayou I want to give a try, when I do I'll post the results. 

So the real question is where should I go fishing this weekend?

Thanks

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
Re: Ottawa County newb
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Hey Welcome to iceshanty,
i have no answers for your post sorry, but i did notice you fish cranberry lake. My friends grandparents owns a house on cranberry and we wanted to go up and do some icefishing on it this year, maybe u would be interested in meeting us up there for some fishing, or maybe shoot me a personal message heading me in the right direction up there for the gills and crappies on that lake. I am not asking fir your honey holes im just wondering where to look , What depth time of day stuff like that you dont have to give me your fishing spots, also aswell if you fish in south eastern michigan at all id be happy to share knoledge of lakes that i know ( all in lenaweee but a couple) thanks bud and enjoy the awsome web site!!!!!
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline wetline005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I only fish on days that end in "Y"...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I know someone who lives on Crockery. He says fishing there sucks, but you hear that alot. I would try it and see for yourself. Good luck.

Offline fishwenican

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Hey Welcome to iceshanty,
i have no answers for your post sorry, but i did notice you fish cranberry lake. My friends grandparents owns a house on cranberry and we wanted to go up and do some icefishing on it this year, maybe u would be interested in meeting us up there for some fishing, or maybe shoot me a personal message heading me in the right direction up there for the gills and crappies on that lake. I am not asking fir your honey holes im just wondering where to look , What depth time of day stuff like that you dont have to give me your fishing spots, also aswell if you fish in south eastern michigan at all id be happy to share knoledge of lakes that i know ( all in lenaweee but a couple) thanks bud and enjoy the awsome web site!!!!!

I haven't figured out how to do everything yet on this forum, let me know when you might be coming up/over I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction.  last year I got back into icefishing at least more than once or twice a year so I do not have all the great gear available out there. I'm really itching to get a flasher which sounds like will help me pin point the fish

Offline fishwenican

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I know someone who lives on Crockery. He says fishing there sucks, but you hear that alot. I would try it and see for yourself. Good luck.

Everytime I drive by that lake in the winter there isn't a person out there fishing, your friend might be right.  Either that or the ice isn't safe, I heard there were some springs in there, if I every see someone out there I may have to give it a try.  Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.