Author Topic: Its melting!  (Read 827 times)

Offline HardWaterSlave

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cold tired and hungry
Its melting!
« on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:44 PM »
After being up before the asscrack of dawn and driving two hours north from Pocatello today I arrived to Ashton. I began my trip by not trying to empty the contents of my sled going down that hill to the lake and spudding my way across 2 to 4 inches of ice and open water to get to the thick stuff on the east side where 12 inches of ice awaits.

So we walked up the lake to No Tellum slew and started killing them, like perch as fast as you could on all the rods! This was great, the fishing was so good we didn't care about the ice that was quickly vanishing below us. Anyways after hours of perch and water/slush 5 inches up our legs we decided it was time to leave and prayed to sweet baby Jesus we wouldn't die on the way back to dry land.

We made it.

RIP Ashton ice fishing, maybe you'll return in cooler times. Until then we will wait in our cozy lodge drinking whiskey....

PS.

The state needs to stop planting all those damn Slimer fish. Planter trout belong in family fishing ponds not word class rivers.

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Its melting!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2018, 10:25 PM »
I agree with the slimer comment!

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Its melting!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2018, 10:59 PM »
oh, i certainly have some less-than-friendly opinions about stocked trout, but i'll save that for another post another time. :P

the weather though, is hideous. it's mid-january; i'm driving around with my windows down, kickin' mud off my boots rather than snow, and watching precious hardwater rapidly fade.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.