Author Topic: Spud bar - FREE!  (Read 1488 times)

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spud bar - FREE!
« on: Jan 08, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I have a free Eskimo Spud bar! Yours for the taking! Just walk out 20 or so yards onto Avondale lake and look for the 8 inch ice hole that is frozen over, but has a smaller hole in the middle of it....also frozen back over. The bar is straight down from there. Happy hunting!
 :P ??? :( >:( :'(

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Spud bar - FREE!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Why not get a big magnet, and drop it down on a rope to get it, it'd probably work pretty easy.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Dang I thought you were giving away my favorite candy

Two words: Wrist Strap

The magnet idea is a good one.  Harbor freight has some cheap, strong ones.  I carry one in the boat.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2018, 09:04 PM »
I actually had a wrist strap on. I’m not sure how it ended up slipping off, but it went like a torpedo. I may look into the magnet idea.

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:36 PM »
FG Steve you use that magnet in your boat to fish for steelhead?

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:55 PM »
FG Steve you use that magnet in your boat to fish for steelhead?
. LOL,  :clap: !

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Just about lost my spud on first ice.  My son and I were fishing on about three inches of new ice.  After cutting the holes I spudded about half way down and left the spud standing up in the ice, so I didn't melt down into the snow making it harder to find.  After sitting in the shanty for four hours we decided to leave and packed up.  Just before leaving I looked around and no spud.  Apparently, the sun warmed it up and it melted through the last inch of so of ice.  I went to where it had been and found that the T on the end had caught on the ice.  Luckily, I was able to reach down and pluck it out.  I'll never stand another one up like that.
lucky! I had a strap on mine, but I must not have wrapped it around tightly enough. When I punched through the ice it went like a missile. I never had a chance despite diving on the ice for it. That does NOT feel good on the knees by the way.  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.