Author Topic: Oneida Update?  (Read 867 times)

Offline FISHAMANIAC

• IceShanty Rookie
Oneida Update?
« on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Looking for any recent reports on Oneida I'd like to get there this weekend and chase perch and walleye ice permitting.. Thanks for any info.

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Oneida Update?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Think I'm heading that way for elk tomorrow. I will try to get an ice check tomorrow.

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2017, 07:52 PM »
Walleye? Where are there walleye in Oneida? I was at Daniels Reservoir last week. About 5 inches of ice and fished pretty good. Checked crowthers today. About 3-4 inches of snowy ice and 1-2 of good clear ice. Some people were fishing it. I would fish it in the morning maybe. Find check out devil Creek in the morning

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:36 PM »
You can fish for walleye in the summer from the dam all the way up to Thatcher in the spring. Good population toward the border on the Bear River as well. Fish the east side along the rock banks all the way to maple Grove campground and off the dam when it freezes well enough. BE CAREFUL! Drill some test holes right off the edge. I've gone out and drilled holes before and had ten foot of air between the ice and water they mess with the water levels alot. The ice can be thin in spots as well. Haven't fished it thru the ice in 5 years or so.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Here are some pics from one afternoon this past summer out of onieda. We caught so many small mouth we got tired of it so we went searching for walleyes and it took a while but once we found them we were picking them up consistently.

Has anyone had any luck on the smallies through the ice up there?

Offline FISHAMANIAC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Thanks for the updates! I appreciate it the responses.. Checked ice today up there with my buddy found 6in of good clear ice with 6in of snow covering it.. Fished from noon till 4 ended up with 15 pretty decent perch missed a bunch fished a total of 14 sets of holes East of the Dam and off the dam..The place has potential I just need more time to find the fish!

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2017, 12:45 AM »
Nice! Might have to try it again. Don't forget to leave the ice report in the conditions page. Thanks again.

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:27 AM »
Thanks FISHAMANIAC for the report!!!  Hoping the warm weather doesn't take out a bunch of ice.  Does anyone know where to find eyes this time of year at Oneida?  Never fished it and from google earth, I was looking at fishing the west side of the dam.  Maybe Sunday morning, goose hunting today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.