Author Topic: Island Park  (Read 3408 times)

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Island Park
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Yesterday I caught 11 fish . 10 planters and one 20" Brute . There were alot of people , the most I have seen this year . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline fish gypsy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Island Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:26 AM »
I was thinking of heading up to IP this weekend.  I havent fished it in a few years.  What tackle seems to be doing the trick?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:17 PM »
I have been doing the best with a small green tube jig tipped with just enough nightcrawler to cover the hook . Some of my rods have a small gold spoon about 12" above the jig to atract the fish also with a piece of nightcrawler . The bigger fish are taking the spoon . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Curt, when you headed up to IP this week?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:22 AM »
Curt, when you headed up to IP this week?
I will be there Tuesday morning about 09:00 am , maybe a little earlier . 01/27/2009 . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Curt did you go up on Saturday pretty early and by chance drive a small 4WD?

I've never fished IP, but as persnickity as Palisades has been  I'm thinking about taking the grandkids there (IP) for their next outing just so they have more to do than bulid snow animals.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2009, 01:37 PM »
Curt did you go up on Saturday pretty early and by chance drive a small 4WD?

I've never fished IP, but as persnickity as Palisades has been  I'm thinking about taking the grandkids there (IP) for their next outing just so they have more to do than bulid snow animals.
  I have been to Island Park five times this winter and never caught less than ten fish . Most are planters and caught in close to the bank in 6 to 12 feet of water . I catch one good fish every trip between 18 and 20 inches . I drive a Silver Dodge 3/4 ton Quad Cab . I have a funny work sch. I work seven days , have one day off . Then I work seven Swing Shifts and two days off . Then seven midnights and four days off . My next day off is Wednesday and Thursday . I am going to Island Park my first day off and Ririe Res. the next . They are doing very well at Ririe on Trout , Kokanee , and some Perch .  I had a  Friend go to Roberts gravel pit and catch 35 Perch in one hour . They are on the small side but fast action for kids . I will report how I do on my next trips . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:22 AM »

I have a funny work sch.
. Curt G.
I also have one of those.
I have till next monday before I disapppear for a while to get in two or three more trips in chasing Macks and either Saturday or Sunday taking the Grandmonkeys somewhere as they didn't get to go with Poppa on the trip on Saturday.

I don't fish Ririe or Roberts, just not into combat fishing, have done enough of that in Alaska.

Wish we could fish Henrys throughout the winter!

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Going to Island Park tomorrow the 3rd. Hope the fishing is better there than the Palisades. Very slow at the Palisades. Fished at Big Elk saturday and all we caught was a sucker. Only saw 5 fish on the ice between 3 parties. Can't wait to go back to North Idaho in a couple weeks were my buddies are catching lots of fish.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Come on up!

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Fished Island Park yesteday. Very slow. Fished by the power station just off shore. I had one bite all morning but my fishing partner caught 3. Using green jigs tipped with worm. Threw everything in our tackleboxes at them and that was all that worked. Went to Ashton after that. It was still slow but I caught 2 nice keeper rainbows and one minnow rainbow. Fishing partner caught one keeper rainbow. These were on the green jigs again. Seems to be what is working so far. Bearsfan, I will be up in Spirit Lake on the 18th.  :tipup:

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:09 AM »
I fished it yesterday . I caught 10 kept 5 . The longest fish was 14" . Green jigs tipped with worm . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2009, 11:49 PM »
Curt, how's the ice on IP? anyone you know been to Hebgen?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2009, 07:38 PM »
There is 14" of snow 4" of slush and 20" Ice . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.