Author Topic: Photobucket Avatar problem solved  (Read 11483 times)

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Photobucket Avatar problem solved
« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:52 AM »
make sure you are resizing your pictures  to 400 x 600 pixels

Tried resizing with no luck. I verified item was in the main folder. im stumped!
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 2014, 02:42 PM »
why does every website have a different way of doing this, can't get mine to work either :'(

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2014, 03:02 PM »
It seems I got it to work , thanks all ;D

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 19, 2014, 03:58 PM »
test

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 19, 2014, 04:15 PM »
I give up now I can't get it to work ???

Offline shaved ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2014, 10:10 AM »
ok different day ,better results. I had to resize and go to direct link under my picture in photobucket, also main album ;D

Offline striperman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:42 AM »
I have mine show up and as soon as I log out then back in it disappears again.I tried 3 times and always does the same thing.
It's not how deep you fish,
Its how you wiggle your worm

Offline pmmpete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2015, 06:12 PM »
I can't figure out how to add an avatar picture to my profile.  I post pictures to forums routinely using photobucket, and can post pictures to this forum.  I only have one Photobucket album.  I kept reducing the picture to a smaller size, ending up with 160x160.  But nothing has worked.  I add the URL to my profile, and when I save my profile, the URL goes away.  The title of this thread should be revised to say "Photobucket Avatar problem not solved, don't bother trying."

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Its got be 120x120 or smaller...    ;)

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "Direct Link" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time

To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Click on the picture you want and then you will see "Image Links" on the right side of the page.  Put your mouse cursor over the  "IMG Code" and left click your mouse. (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline pmmpete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 24, 2015, 10:41 PM »
The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "Direct Link" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time
1. The picture I want to use as my avatar is 160 x 138 pixels.
2. I've uploaded the picture to Photobucket.
3. I tried inserting both the IMG code and the "Direct" code for that picture from Photobucket into the space in my profile for an avatar picture, but neither works. In both cases the forum deletes the code when I try to save my revised profile.  When I insert the "Direct" code, I get a message that the picture is too large or is not an avatar (whatever that means).
4. The IMG code from Photobucket starts "URL=http:// . . . ."  I deleted the "URL=" from the beginning of the IMG code, which should be the same as the "Direct" code.  For the first time, the forum did not delete the code when I saved the profile.  However, instead of the avatar picture appearing in my postings, only a box with an "x" in it appears where the avatar picture should appear.

It seems to me that the profile portions of this forum have some bugs, because a lot of people are unable to enter avatar pictures.

I give up.  I've pooped away enough time trying to add an avatar picture.  Here's a larger version of the picture I was going to use.

Offline pmmpete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Hoo Haw!  I finally did it!  I reduced the size of the picture to 120x103, I inserted the "Direct" code from Photobucket, and it worked.  The picture now appears as my avatar.

I suggest that the administrators of this forum revise the instructions in the "modify profile" dialog box to state that an avatar picture must be 120X120 or smaller; and that the "Direct" code for the picture from Photobucket should be inserted in the box.  You should delete the language stating that the IMG code of a picture should be inserted into the box, because it appears to me that IMG codes don't work.

And I suggest that the administrators replace the current "Photobucket Avatar problem solved" thread, which consists mostly of me and many similar people whining that we can't get the forum to accept an avatar picture, with a new thread which clearly and concisely explains how to add an avatar picture.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.