Author Topic: Shake 'em up!  (Read 1368 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Shake 'em up!
« on: Jun 10, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Here's hoping all the Cleveland area folks are OK after the 4.0 quake today. DN, you know something we don't know?  :o
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shake 'em up!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2019, 05:41 PM »
Wow! Hadn’t even heard that yet!  Hope my bud RStock521 is good along with all the other Cleveland peeps!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2019, 05:56 PM »
Ooooo-whooo-whooo! Scooped the Deal Ninja!  :o Mark your calendars!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously, 4.0 ain't terrible but in that part of the country it is very uncommon.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Being that it’s Cleveland, maybe the higher power was trying to relieve them of their misery.  The city I refer to as the city of no Superbowls!  :woot: :roflmao:

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2019, 05:17 AM »
I’ve always heard that Cleveland rocks.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Wow! Hadn’t even heard that yet!  Hope my bud RStock521 is good along with all the other Cleveland peeps!

DN
LOL alive and well here in the CLE!  I actually thought there was an excavator or something driving down the street, my windows were shaking.  I ran outside and didn't see anything, and thought I was going crazy  ??? About an hour later, I saw it on the news and it all made sense.  I've never experienced anything like that.  Kind of cool, only because it didn't cause any damage.  It occured a few miles offshore under the lake.  Can you imagine being in one of the salt mines under the lake when that happened?  I'd probably crap my pants  :tipup:

And all that land of no superbowl talk...just wait my Pittsburg friend, just wait!...LMAO

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Maybe... It was just the Browns makin' noise in minicamp  :o

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I have not spent any time in Cleveland since the late 50's when my brother was stationed at Nike missile site there. I was not impressed. He decided we needed to a take a tour of down town one night. We stopped and got a couple of tire irons out of the trunk before going there. He would not stop at a red light. Even though there were a lot of street light it was still darker than H down there. One of the apartment complexes that was only a few years old was almost totally destroyed.

When we brought some beach sand down their from Michigan for his daughters sand box his neighbors could not believe we had such nice sand. The beaches on Lake Erie were black sand.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:15 AM »
I have not spent any time in Cleveland since the late 50's when my brother was stationed at Nike missile site there. I was not impressed. He decided we needed to a take a tour of down town one night. We stopped and got a couple of tire irons out of the trunk before going there. He would not stop at a red light. Even though there were a lot of street light it was still darker than H down there. One of the apartment complexes that was only a few years old was almost totally destroyed.

When we brought some beach sand down their from Michigan for his daughters sand box his neighbors could not believe we had such nice sand. The beaches on Lake Erie were black sand.
  I 'd never thought I'd see the day that I'd defend Cleveland, but if you haven't been since the late 50's, it sure has changed.  Cleveland has tons of great restaurants and breweries, with lots of cool walkable neighborhoods.  You're going to have crime in any major city, and as long as you know what areas to stay out of (East Cleveland), you're perfectly safe.

Not to mention, Cleveland probably the best walleye fishery in the world.  If you haven't heard, Lake Erie has experienced record walleye hatches in recent years, and the walleye fishing is just ridiculous right now and for years to come.

Regarding the black sand, I'm on the lake probably 3-4 days a week and can't say that I've ever seen that.  Again, it has changed a lot since the 50's, so maybe that was due to pollution or something back then.  The infamous Cuyahoga River that caught on fire in the 1950's was even recently cleared for fish consumption by the EPA, not that I would necessarily recommend that....

With that said, I do love northern Michigan.  As an OSU guy, I can't even deny the beauty of the crystal clear waters as you head north.  Traverse City, Charlevoix, Sleeping Bear, Leland, Higgins Lake, Macinac Island, Munising are all some of my favorite places to visit.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2019, 10:43 AM »
Cleveland, aka "The Mistake on the Lake" may have had an earthquake, but it's the safest place in the country if there's a tornado outbreak.  There's never a touchdown there!  :roflmao:

"And all that land of no Superbowl talk...just wait my Pittsburgh friend, just wait!...LMAO"  -  Been waiting since 1964...LMAO!

DN

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Cleveland, aka "The Mistake on the Lake" may have had an earthquake, but it's the safest place in the country if there's a tornado outbreak.  There's never a touchdown there!  :roflmao:

"And all that land of no Superbowl talk...just wait my Pittsburgh friend, just wait!...LMAO"  -  Been waiting since 1964...LMAO!

DN

Hahahah touche!  As a Clevelander, I'm not going to count my chickens before they're hatched  ;D ;D

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2019, 09:09 AM »
It hit 3 miles from my house.  Was at work, but family members felt it.  Is rare to have one here, but also had a "big" one in 1986...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.