Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607757 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15150 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad to hear the PT is going well  :thumbsup: :flex:  there were some nasty whiteouts off & on all day yesterday  :blink:  no big accumulations, just snowy & windy  :-\

Eddie....those 20 mph winds will get your attention out on the ice  >:(  good luck if you head out  :icefish:

IFF....time sure does drag when you're stuck at work with nothing going on  :wacko:  sounds like CW/Gander is still struggling to stay afloat  ::)

WS.....how did the baking go yesterday  ???  sure beats shoveling snow   :woot:

IF45....glad to hear things are starting to move in the right direction  ;)

H2L....good to hear MrsH is doing well  :clap: :thumbsup: 

Heading west today to an outdoor show the other side of Buffalo, always a decent show and a chance to visit with friends we've made from fishing Erie  ;)  then driving on into PA for the night, going shopping at Fish USA brick & mortar store tomorrow  :clap:  I won a gift card from there while at the outdoor show in Niagara Falls  ;D  It's only another 1 & 1/2 hr drive from the show so it seemed like the perfect time to visit the store instead of doing the online thing  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Good job WS  :bow: :clap:  thanks for sharing the pic and the recipe, looks and sounds yummy  :thumbsup: 

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15151 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Good morning ER's  5 here and the cold is starting to retreat.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15152 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:10 AM »
-6 this morning. Yesterday the wind as cold as it has been all winter. Come on Spring.

Ice-45, glad to hear that things are turning around for you.

WS, thanks for sharing the recipe for the cake. Looks good.

WW, sounds like a great trip you have planned. Not sure you would want to be out on the ice the next day or two. Be safe.

Have to take Scout in for grooming this morning. Wife is going with us to go to Market 32 while waiting for the dog.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15153 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:26 AM »
Here goes again. I lost a long post yesterday. I did not take my own advice and post it when I had it partly done so I lost the whole thing.

The wife's doctors appointment on Tuesday was to schedule surgery to have the small bone in the base of her thumb removed and replaced with cartilage. I had it done on one of my thumbs. It takes a lot of work to get the thumb to close like is should but it gets rid of the pain.

The trip to the appointment was a TRIP to remember. With the storm the roads were backed up bad. I could see at one point that it was just two lanes creeping along for way over a mile. I took a side road to get away from it. I noticed that the interstate was at a stand still when I went over it. I got to a little over a mile from the office and there was a back up as only a few cars could get through a light at a time. We made it to the appointment with minutes to spare.

WS That is not what I think of as a angel food cake. :) It does sound good. I have my mothers two angel food cake pans. One of her favorite ways to have angel food cake was a slice of cake, some ice cream on top, then another slice covered with fresh peaches with plenty of juice over the top. Strawberries done the same way is good.

They are guessing for us to finally get a warm up this weekend into next week. Rain is guessed for Sunday. i was at my wifes uncles the other day. He had 10 long beards around his bird feeders loooking for some thing to eat. He does not put any corn for them. They were only 15 feet from the window so they were spooky.

IF-45. When I had to apply for disability it was a lot easier as there were not so many that were trying to scam the system. It sounds like you have a good case. I spent days sorting through all of my doctors appointment records before applying so they were in the right order. I think that one doctors results from a test he did sealed the deal. He told me that my body was worn out when he got done with the test. Good idea doing it by your self so the layyer dos not get a cut.

Steve It must not be a Federal Law about some some one working alone. A female clerk is allowed to work an all night convenience store all alone.  A clerk working alone at a conveniance store was kidnapped and has never been found. A guy that went on a killing spree was convicted of killing a number of people plus they also convicted him of killing the clerk even though her body has never been found. They must have had some other evidence that he kidnapped her other than video of his van being at the conveniance store.

Eddie Lake Trout are the predominate fish in the Lake Michigan any more. The catch a lot of them trolling in the soft water. They have cut way back on the pacific salmon plants due to the lack of forage fish for them and the lake trout. I only caught lake trout on a snowmobile fishing trip to Canada years ago. If remember right the ones I caught were all caught on Swdish Pimples with a minnow that I had painted with glow paint. I caught more than the other three combined. The ice was so thick on one lake we fished that the curve of the Mora Auger was rubbing on the ice when we finally broke through. They all had air bladder problems coming out of deep water. All we caught was small ones that were planted the summer before.

The wife just came home from taking her dog to a groomer that lives at the lake. The groomer told of more problems with a board members renters tresspassing on adjoing properties. The wife heard that the Assn Secratary thinks she needs paid for doing her job. Paid for what??? She never has minutes of meetings or financial reports.

I took my own advice this morning and posted, then modified the post to keep from losing it. That is why there is more to the post than when i originally posted it.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15154 on: Mar 07, 2019, 07:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, It’s 6degrees out this morning.

Tom Turkey, We are going thru a Advocators group which doesn’t charge as much as a lawyer. They say the first time you get denied but usually you get it after the appeal. Hoping having surgery will help.

Heard from the lawyer and the appointment with the impartial doctor is set in late June and then the court date will be 2 months after that.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15155 on: Mar 07, 2019, 08:57 PM »
Good evening, quite day here cold this morning but got into the thirties this afternoon.
IFF looks like moral is not to great at both CW and Gander. Also not going to help public image with only skeleton crew manning the CW store.
Eddie this website is a great source of information, I know lake trout can be found anywhere in the water column this time of year given more uniform water temperature from under ice to lake bottom and if oxygen content is good plus location of food source.
Ice wanderer good to see date is set for your brother's funeral and one of your sons and DIL's will be accompanying your wife and you at the service.
Whopper Stopper I'm no baker but think Angel Food cakes are usually baked in a round pan with removable bottom and center column. Once the cake is baked you push on the removable bottom to extract it and the cake from pan then remove the cake from pan bottom to a plate. In any case thanks for the recipe and as long as your wife enjoys the cake is what really matters.Belated Bday greetings to your wife hope she had a great day.
Wallyworld a safe and good trip to you and your husband. Enjoy the outdoor show and trip to Fish USA .
Old Goat hope all is good, think as much as we enjoy ice fishing majority of us will be happy to see Spring.
Hunts2long happy to hear you wife continues to enjoy good health and can get out with you . How does Scout look after his grooming.
Tom Turkey best to your wife whenever she has the surgery on her thumb. Thinking about it you are correct about working alone though it would be smart to have more employees in many cases. Looks like the problems with your ASSN. board continue to grow.
Icefisher-45 wish you did not have such a long wait to meet with the impartial doctor and for date in court.

A safe and good night to all.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15156 on: Mar 08, 2019, 05:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 9* and calm here on my hill with a high of 31* and pertly sunny skies. ::)
                          Marv..........After reading your recipe for the cake made my mouth water. I wrote it down so I can surprise my wife with one
                 on her B-Day. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                          Eddie.........How old is your grandson. I think it's a smart idea to stay close in case he gets cold or the bite is off. I use to take my
                 boys out on LG back when we had just a pail to sit on, I don't know if they ever got cold, they wouldn't say, they tell me now that they
                 didn't dare too. lol :roflmao:
                          Steve........ A warm up is coming. ???
                          Tom..........I always thought that being on the Assoc. board was a volunteer thing to help keep things in order! :blink:
                          I-45..........When I read your post gee I thought June was far away, but then it will be here before you know it. Good luck sir!
                          H2L..........I never owned a dog that needed grooming, my wife's dog does, it get expensive to get them done. ::)
                          Wally........I hope you and Mr. WW have a good time at the show and trip to Fish USA. :clap:
                          Not much going on today for me as usual, I have to keep doing my exercises that I  can do at home, maybe a little shopping
                with my wife.
                         I hope everyone has a great Friday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15157 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:35 AM »
Good morning all. A sad day yesterday here for many of my wife's coworkers and friends. Mchenry County Sheriffs Office lost Deputy Jacob Keltner.  Deputy Keltner was killed while serving a warrant in Rockford Il with the US Marshals Service. The suspect Floyd Brown got away for a short time. After a high speed pursuit the suspect crashed his car and was surrounded by Illinois State Police. After lengthy negotiations he surrendered and was taken into custody. Under Illinois law he faces life in prison. But because Deputy Keltner was a member of the US Marshals Task Force. Brown is now facing federal charges that could bring the death Penalty. Deputy Keltner leaves behind a wife and two small children.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15158 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:20 AM »
-2* this morning. Guessed to get to the mid 30's today. ::)

I saw on the news yesterday that some congressman for Fla thinks we need to keep daylights savings time year round. We had that one year during an energy crunch. I guess it was all right for some one that worked in an office with all of the lights on burning energy. For us that worked in the real world of construction we could not see to work unless we dragged lights along so we could see to do our work all winter long. Having to do this cut down on our production. Some one suggested we start later making us miss our kids after school activities.

IW Keep up on the exercises just do not over do it until things start to improve. Ya it used to be a volunteer position to be on the board. The previous boards were hands on getting things done. Not this board that thinks some one is going to the physical work for them. Not happening. The wife saw they were still looking for a dozen volunteers to help with the fishing tournament this week end. Good luck. LOL

I-45 When my late brother in law had a stroke and filed for disability he was denied the first time. Partly because of some statements he made as his mind was not right. When he went back on apeal the judge slamed his records on the desk saying this man was eligable from the start. Sadly a lawyer got part of the settlement.
Is this surgery related to your workmans comp claim?

The wifes surgery is on the 18th. A lot sooner than I thought it would be. They will think we will be going to the city for her therapy but it will not happen as we have a great therapy place a couple of miles away.

UfCreel I saw that on the news. Sad. Prayers for is family and fellow officers. Hopefully the Feds get him what he deserves.
In Grand Rapids a while ago they were in pursuit of a guy on an x-way that had murdered some one. He crashed and came out shooting. One of the deputies hit the perp with his cruiser knocking him down. All of this was caught on video from all directions. The deputy was just given an award for his actions.

The wifes Yorkie needs grooming. We have a groomer a couple of blocks away. She does a great job and loves animals. Two new groomers opened up in town. A customer of hers took her dog to one of them paying way more than what she paid at the lake. She had to have our groomer try to straighten out the hack job she got in town.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15159 on: Mar 08, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Good morning ,sunny with light wind I have not checked the temperature yet snow from last storm melting.
Ice Wanderer all the best with the PT exercises. Seems the cost of everything keeps increasing last time I had my hair cut it was 17 dollars wonder what the few barbers who still give shaves charge for the shave. I believe  Eddie's grandson is seven.
UFCreel soory to hear your wife lost a coworker glad they got the suspect. Any sentence served for the killing never replaces the lost person. I know the overall law enforcement family is good about supporting one another and their families.
Tom Turkey I remember when we stayed with Daylight Savings Time during the energy/oil shortage in the 1970's  waited for the school bus in the dark. May their be some people willing to run and serve on the ASSN. board when next elections are held that seems to be the problem these days no one has the time or wants to do the work. Guess dog groomers are like barbers some better then others at their job. Good you have a therapy place close to home your wife can use after her Surgery.
Eddie guess you were short on time this morning or the computer gremlins paid you a visit.
Whooper Stopper thinking you had things to get done after taking wife to the bus stop.
Wallyworld hope your enjoying the outdoor show safe trip to Fish USA.

Have a good day everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15160 on: Mar 08, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, it’s 19 degrees here. Supposed to warm up.

UFcreel, I’m sorry about your wife’s coworker. I’m glad the suspect was caught.

Tom Turkey, Will be saying prayers for your wife. The surgeries are work related but my Doctor and the Surgeon say enough is enough. I can’t continue being in the pain and living in a room because light makes my headaches worse. The lawyer says after I see the impartial it will be about 3 to 4 months before I see the judge again. We submitted the surgery request thru workers comp and it was denied. Our insurance approved it. Now waiting till April for the surgery on my cervical spine. Next Tuesday I get Botox injections to see if that will help my headaches. This all has been a nightmare.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15161 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Not a whole lot to report, kind of the calm before the storm. Tomorrow around noon we are to get a heaping of heart attack snow, in the 8"-12" range. This low pressure really knocks me for a loop, today the tramadol isn't doing a thing.

Tonight we are taking in a benefit meal for a family that is down on their luck. You never have to look far to find someone that has things a lot worse than you.

WW hope your trip is going well :thumbsup:

Eddie good luck if you head to the lake this weekend :thumbsup: Maybe toast the fishing Gods tonight with a Jack and Ginger ;D

45 I think is't safe to say every one is keeping you in their prayers. I hope once the wheel gets turning you will be able to get some relief.

IW I will be excited to hear how the cake turns out for your wife's Birthday, when is it? any questions just holler :thumbsup:

mr.clean you had asked a couple of questions. Yep we have a couple of the traditional Angel Food cake pans. My wife made a couple cakes which called for the 13"x9"x2" pans using the Angel Food mix. So it didn't seem so odd when this recipe also did.

You also asked about the pass port. First off it's a lot easier when heading into Canada if you have it and a couple of years ago when we went to my brothers in Texas we had to skip Mexico because ours were expired. We are in the process of putting a trip together for Norway and Sweden to see the areas where the girls Great Grand parents came from. They still have some relatives living there so it would be fun. We may have to pack peanut butter as many of their meals use rotten fish and meat, although they refer to it as aged ;D

They have a cousin that has been there 6-7 times. She has many contacts so hopefully we could get some info from her. When we went to Switzerland a few years ago I had a cousin very similar to the girls, unfortunately after many promises he failed us in the end and I never got to see any of my relatives.  I hope their cousin comes through.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening :thumbsup: As always, stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15162 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:41 PM »
Afternoon all,

Just rolled in a few minutes ago. The outdoor show was a good time as always, nice to catch up with friends you don't see very often. Fish USA store was smaller than I had anticipated, but enjoyed poking around and using part of my gift card just the same  ;)2  Nothing like having "free money"  to spend thumbsup:  :woot:

TT.....best wishes to MrsTT on her upcoming surgery  ;)  hope her recovery is quick and pain free  ;)

WS....sorry to hear your meds aren't being much help right now  :(  go easy on the snow removal, Al Roker says it's going to be heavy wet stuff  :%$#!:  so true that there's ALWAYS someone that has things worse  :(  enjoy your dinner  ;)

IW....good job keeping up on the exercises  :clap: :bow:  glad to hear you're getting out and about a little more these days  ;)

UFC....sorry to hear of MrsCreels coworker's passing, another hero lost while just doing their job  :'(  :callcops:  :angel

Eddie.....good luck if you're hitting the ice tomorrow  :icefish:  :flex:

MrC.....areas to the west of me have considerably less snow, thought for sure the Rochester & Buffalo areas would have more due to their proximity to Ontario/Erie  :-\ 

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #15163 on: Mar 08, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Good evening, folks. Here I sit with a slice of pizza in one hand. We're getting ready to hit it hard for the perch tomorrow. Got all our stuff rigged and ready for action. Plan on being up at 4:45, want to get out there at daybreak. Looks like this will be the final trip as we are to get 50* weather with rain and wind this week. Perhaps we'll have to get the canoe ready with an electric motor so we can keep after em.

TT, hoping the best for the Mrs.

WS, take it easy. Please do not over do it!

Good luck to all those who will be on the ice tomorrow. Stay safe and tight lines!
-LM
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15164 on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:10 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 16* and clear here today, a high in the 30's* is expected.  ::)
                          Marv..........Did your Dr. tell you, you can take an Ibuprofen with Tramadol mine did and it helps. :whistle: Take it easy with the snow
                 removal. :flex:  My wife's B-Day is tax day April 15th, so I have time to plan things out! :blink:       
                         Wally...........I'm glad to read that your trip to the show and Fish USA was enjoyable. :thumbsup:
                         Tom............Good luck to your wife on her surgery. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie..........I  assume you are out with your grandson, I hope the fishing goes well for you two. :flex:
                         lil maggot....Good luck on the ice today. :thumbsup:
                         Yesterday my wife and I had to go down to our big town and get coffee for our Keurig so I decided to go around lunch time and have
                 a late lunch, then we wouldn't need a big dinner. We decided to invite my #2 son's in laws, they suggested a new Mexican restaurant, it was
                 a good choice.  :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15165 on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 17* at the moment, high of 38 today. Had some issues again yesterday with connection and lost a long post.

Lil!ag...best of luck on those perch today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad you had safe travels and a good time at the show as well as the shopping! Kind of figured Fish USA as a very big place like a Walmart...free $$ to spend must have been nice regardless!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...be careful with the snow removal again today, yikes! Will be interesting to hear more about your trip coming up...when will you be leaving?   :thumbsup:
  I-45...X2 on Marvs reply...hope each day brings better news for you!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...spot on with my grandsons age, he turned 7 in November. 
  Tom...best wishes sent to your wife on the upcoming surgery.   :thumbsup:  Looks like some of that warmer weather is coming our way starting today. 
  UFC...very sad story about the Deputy, thoughts and prayers sent to the family and friends. Hope the sentence is not life in prison.
  Jeff...we figured staying close to home was the best bet...going to order a pizza and have it delivered to the boat launch, lol. I remember the days of taking out just a pail and no electronics...good times!   ;D

Have been waiting to take my grandson out for a little trip on the ice, weather has been an issue more than anything. With temps pushing 40* today, we planned an afternoon trip at a local lake. Will be kind of neat getting 3 generations out there again, looking forward to it.
  A few errands to run this am, then getting ready to Swiss cheese some ice and hopefully find some fish willing to bite, will keep you posted!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Good Morning Jeff,
  We’ll be fishing by noon or so. Nothing like some good Mexican food, good choice!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15166 on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:58 AM »
4 degrees this morning. The last couple of days have been very cold and windy. There is a change coming.

WW, glad you enjoyed the show and  used up some of the card at Fish USA.

Eddie, have fun out on the ice today.

Scout looked good after the grooming. She gets pink bows in her ears. The girl does a very good job and is very good with the dogs. After we picked Scout up we stopped at our daughters house in Amsterdam. Scout got to see Rocky and to meet Willow. Yes Lindsay has taken in another dog. She is bringing them both here today. When the snow is gone she wants to train them both on the invisible fence. I know that really means, "can you watch the dogs if I go away for a day or two, you have the invisible fence."
Wife wasn't here for Amber's Birthday so wife is busy today cooking and baking a cake.

Have a good day, time for wife's meds....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15167 on: Mar 09, 2019, 07:50 AM »
No precipitation in sight this morning. I do see a lot to the south west. Nothing major around WS  YET!!

WS I took some tramadol at one time, it never did anything for me. When I got up this morning my neck hurt bad. I have neck pain quite often from hanging drywall for a long time. I took my normal one Norco and two ibuprofen. With in an hour the pain is gone. That will be the only Norco I need for the day unless I over do it an get terrible pain again. It is annoying that I have to get a couple of drug screens a year to prove I am not a drug addict as a RX last for way longer than the prescribed dosage.

Eddie When I was around your grandsons age my dad took my brother and I out on a lake that had what was called the arc. It was a barge anchored before ice that had places to fish inside. You could get some thing to eat there so no need to order a pizza. Back around 1950 pizza was not heard of anyway. I have an aerial post card of the arc. Their are over a hundred guys fishing on the ice plus a number of permanents. This was in the days of Dacron line with a couple of snelled hooks and a cork bobber on the line with a match stick to set the bobber. I do not remember seeing any buckets. If there were they would have been a metal one. 

H2l I sounds like you wife has not had any more issues. Praying it stays that way.

Lil M There was a segment on www.michiganoutofdoors tv.com this week of a couple of guys catching brown trout on the ice at one of our few lakes that have trout in them. I do not now if it was this weeks show or last weeks show there were a couple of guys catching some nice pike on tipups. They got runoff the lake at the end of the segment making me wonder if it was a private lake that they really have not have been on due to assn. rules.

ww Maybe Fishusa relies on online sales is the reason for the store not being that big.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15168 on: Mar 09, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day. Supposed to be in the 40s today and snow tonight.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the ice or water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15169 on: Mar 09, 2019, 09:52 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+30 waiting for the rain then snow to roll in. Thanks for all the concerns, I don't plan on hitting it too hard. I will most likely hold off on the clean up until morning. The guessers are all over the board on the amounts we will be getting, it just all depends on when the rain turns over to snow.

Eddie I hope you and your grandson have an awesome day on the ice. I never had a chance to fish with my grandpa. The only memory that I have with him was a snowy afternoon drinking a few warm Miller High Life's ???

IW now that you mention the Ibuprofen I do remember her telling me that too. I am hoping once the snow winds down things will feel better.

TT for 5 years I was taking Norco, and I did well with them. I never had to take more than 3 a day with most days being 2. When I had to switch rheumatologists the new one said no to Norco. Anything I told her about how they worked and helped for 5 years fell on deaf ears. I can see why some people that truly need them go to the street to buy them. Speaking of that I should see if the old boss's son has any :woot: Just kidding.

WW glad you had a fun time on your trip. It's funny how sometimes in your mind you picture something or place and then when you get there it's nothing like you imagined.

This morning I went into Walmart and bought all the ingredients for home made ice cream. I went up in the attic above the garage and got down my maker. I made the custard and it is cooling outside. When the snow starts coming down I will be making up a batch.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15170 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:19 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....homemade ice cream  :o when’s the next flight into MN  ??? I LOVE ice cream!!! My favorite ice cream stand is opening for the season today...guess where I’m going this afternoon  ;D

Eddie....good luck on the ice, enjoy the pizza  ;)

TT....Fish USA definitely does more online sales, the warehouse is attached to the store & it’s huge !!! The store itself isn’t even as big as the fishing section of WalMart  ::) very friendly helpful people working there  :) I will spend the remainder of my gift card online.

Bright sunny day...think it’s time for a ride north to check conditions of the launches on Ontario, almost time to get the boat out!!!!

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15171 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Mid 40's on tap for today, a little breezy,  Guessers saying Snow on the way for Wednesday, Shouldn't stick around long as the ground is heating up.

Considering a spring trip to Kansas for some pan fishing with the boat.  Gander store reopen is still on for sometime in June I'm told, So think a trip out fishing would need to be earlier, than later.

WW Camping World sales are more than just keeping afloat.  At least on the RV side of things.

Sorry to read of the Lords Town Ohio GM plant closing.  Like my GM plant I worked at for years at Janesville, WI.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15172 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:34 AM »

WS.....homemade ice cream  :o when’s the next flight into MN  ??? I LOVE ice cream!!! My favorite ice cream stand is opening for the season today...guess where I’m going this afternoon  ;D

The recipe was my Mom's, it's probably 70+ years old. I remember as a little kid every winter 3-4 of the neighbors would come over and we would end the night making ice cream. We always had a hand crank ice cream maker and everyone would take turns cranking until it was finally done. About 25 years ago the s-i-l bought us an electric maker and I try to make a couple batches a year. You can just feel the ventricles plug as you eat it ;D

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15173 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:41 AM »
WS....we had the hand crank one when I was a kid too, never could convince my folks that ice cream isn't JUST for hot summer days   :nono:   :roflmao: I have an ice cream making attachment for my stand mixer which works ok altho nothing like the hand crank with the brine solution  :-\  being the youngest I always got to lick the paddles clean  ;D  some good memories right there  ;)  Enjoy your treat later  :thumbsup:

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #15174 on: Mar 09, 2019, 11:14 AM »
This is a short post.. not even sure I'll be able to send it...
We have finally made it to our wrestling superbowl..
Pulled into brockport last night for our last even of the season..STATES!!!
We decided to keep in weight class that we have wrestled in all year long..102..
Little man started at 100.5 and last night weighed in at 96.6. He has trimmed some excess which has just made him a little faster on the mat..
Looks like a good bracket..
I sat him down this a.m. before breakfast and just simply told him...
Obviously I want you to win..however... o dont care win or lose.. you've made it to states and that in itself is a victory.. so all I want you to do is HAVE FUN(and not lose.. lol)  ALL I ask is you give 100%
He hugged me and said thanks for bringing him here..
Wrestling starts at 2 for us!!!!
I'll post more later or tomorrow
Thanks to everyone on here for the e encouraging words over the course of.our long season

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15175 on: Mar 09, 2019, 11:21 AM »
John....best of luck to your son, he’s already a winner in my book  ;)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15176 on: Mar 09, 2019, 11:31 AM »
WS There is a lot of snow west of you that was not there when I looked earlier this morning. No precipitation in sight near me, YET. Your rheumatologist must be afraid that you will become an addict. I have never felt that I have gotten high from taking them.

I have not made ice cream in years. We had a great recipe for making it. These days I eat a bowl of store bought french vanilla, that you can actually taste the vanilla in it for a 9 o'clock snack. When my moter was alive she hada 10 0'clock snack because of her brittle diabetes. My son's and I would take turns around that time to make sure that she was alright.

There has been a hug crack open up on Lake Erie off of Port Clinton with close to 100 people standed. Hopefully Marv will post a link that I sent him to a thread on another site. Bing that I use does not give me the abiltiy to copy and paste. It sounds like they waare all able to get off.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15177 on: Mar 09, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Here it is TT

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/people-stranded.641253/

Best of luck to your son John, x2 on what WW said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15178 on: Mar 09, 2019, 02:19 PM »
Thanks Marv. This happens all too often on a lot of places on the east side of Michigan. There is some great fishing over that way but not good enough to risk your life.

John We are all waitng to here how you son does. No matter how he does he needs to be proud of him self for how much he has improved this year.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15179 on: Mar 09, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Good Evening All,
  John...a little late, but CONGRATULATIONS to your son for making it to the States!!  X3 on Wally’s reply, can’t wait to hear the update!!    :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.