Author Topic: M18™ Trouble Light w/ USB Charging purchase  (Read 761 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
M18™ Trouble Light w/ USB Charging purchase
« on: Jan 13, 2021, 10:41 AM »
Just purchased this Milwaukee light ..my thoughts ..it is light weight (2.8 lbs w/5 ah battery)11" tall w/o battery seems very rugged and bright . It is known by different names on various sites and has true view lighting ..very nice and bright light ...low,medium,high and flash/blinking modes . I have been wanting one since last season as a Shelter light ..outside crappie nite bite lantern.Unfortunatly could not find a deal on this so Home Depot got my business at MSRP..shipped fast . This will now come with me each outing in my Striker Ice Transporter rod/case/bag. Hope to give an on ice workout this weekend if that Polar Vortex arrives as expected. I will miss the hiss of my Coleman Dual Fuel for certain ..but that cant come with me each outing . No fuel smell..on hands..sled...gear will not be missed .
A new addition to my Cordless Milawuke 2704/Clam Plate set up

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Lighting/Flood-Lights/2363-20

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-700-Lumen-LED-Lantern-Flood-Light-Tool-Only-2363-20/205410852
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: M18™ Trouble Light w/ USB Charging purchase
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:24 PM »
$79 is steep, but all the benefits you listed. And you already have a battery right so in the long run maybe it balances out with the Coleman.

Please post back with how you like it. I need a lantern as well. I've been considering the Colman for some time. Maybe Milwakuke is the way to go fro me too.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:36 PM »
Also has a USB charger ..phones/cameras  on ice always nice to have a charger .. Looks like it will run my USB knock off Lumenoodle LED lights ...SWEET . ;)2
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:45 PM »
it's a great light in the shop or shack.  well worth the $$$, now i just need to find the milaukee top off...

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:48 PM »
@ran7ger,

HD Canada now has them listed on the website. Can ship from warehouse in 5 - 7 business days

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-tool-m18-18v-lithium-ion-175-watt-powered-compact-inverter-for-m18-batteries-tool-only-/1001588652

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:51 PM »
For the SK guys. They come on sale once in a while. I got my 2 at construction fasteners and use it all year round. Good for camping in tents or hangin outside. I love the directional beam and usb. Mine are on standby for tonight. Getting pretty windy.
I highly recommend the 18 or 12v version

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:09 PM »
sparksNfishing and ran7ger..nice to hear real world sportsmans feed back .was worried a lil about durability...knock overs and the scratching/fading of the plexiglass. 

Offline Pudsky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:12 PM »
I have had this light (m18 lantern) for a couple years.  I love it.  I use it for work and play.  The light is exceptional!  The usb works fine, but is not high powered, and charges relatively slow.  It is very durable.  Don't worry about being too careful with it.

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:33 PM »
Definitely a lot better then a lantern. Though there is something about the smell, sound and warmth given off by those fuel lamps. The milwaukee should definitely take the abuse on and off the ice but not invincible.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:58 AM »
@ran7ger,

HD Canada now has them listed on the website. Can ship from warehouse in 5 - 7 business days

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-tool-m18-18v-lithium-ion-175-watt-powered-compact-inverter-for-m18-batteries-tool-only-/1001588652

Mine was shipped to me yesterday after being on order (from Home Depot) since November.  I unpacked it, but did not try it out.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2021, 06:40 AM »
I just got a ROVER light which is similar but doesn't have USB charging.   Very impressed, only $59 at HD.

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2021, 07:08 AM »
Bought one of these a couple weeks ago. They had a coupon at the time came to like $26. Small light weight has the USB charging. Tons of light has lower power setting and strobe. I liked it so much I bought 3 more and gifted them. I am sure it doesn't have the run time of the M18 but seemed to be a good value.https://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lumen-work-light-battery-bank-56163.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.