The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: EASTMAN ICECUBE 4  (Read 3792 times)

Offline milty

• IceShanty Rookie
EASTMAN ICECUBE 4
« on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:28 AM »
I am new to the site and would like some feedback on the Eastman Icecube 4 for pike spearing.  I have been spearing for several years and have 2 permanent shanties but would like to be more mobil to try different areas for scouting puposes.  Has any one used one of these icecubes and do they darken out enough for good visibility?  Any info would help.  Thanks.

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: EASTMAN ICECUBE 4
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I belive my brother (Darkhousefisher) has one that he spears out of. He absolutely loves it. I am sure he will be on tonight and throw his comments in.
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2008, 12:54 AM »
I belive my brother (Darkhousefisher) has one that he spears out of. He absolutely loves it. I am sure he will be on tonight and throw his comments in.
I`ve been in that icecube with Darkhouse and it seemed to work real good.He nailed a pike while we were out.I jigged in a trout,about 2 or 1&1/2 pounds.
I liked the icecube but I will let Him make the comments about why He likes it so well.
I cant hog up all the fun. ;D

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2008, 01:00 AM »
I love my Ice Cube, its lightweight, easy to setup and keeps nice and toasty when its sunny out without a heater. I dont spear so i cant account for that aspect on how well it will works.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2008, 01:33 AM »
I am new to the site and would like some feedback on the Eastman Icecube 4 for pike spearing.   Has any one used one of these icecubes and do they darken out enough for good visibility?  Any info would help.  Thanks.

I have the Eskimo Quik Fish 3 which is basically the same thing as the Ice Cube.  It works great for spearing.  The material blocks light real well, you get some light through the floor, but it's not a problem.  I really like how mobile it is, and set-up and take down is real easy, plus it only weighs 23 lbs.  I used to use The Northlander by Canvas Craft, but after I got the Quick Fish I sold my Northlander with no regrets.  Just my $.02.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2008, 02:21 AM »
These shelters can be set up and the spear hole cut and the shelter set to center over the spearhole so You can get good all around visibility around the spearhole.

Offline milty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:42 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. Is there a good tie off spot inside for the decoy?  I should receive my Icecube shortly and look forward to stabbin a few gators.  Pike spearing has been a little slow here in Michigan so far but it should pick up real soon.  I'll leave some feedback after this weekend on how well the shelter works.  Thanks again and have a merry Christmas. 

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:48 AM »
Darkhouse ties His decoy off to one of the cross frame tubes in the ceiling.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:26 AM »
I tie my decoy off to one of the ceiling pole.  I stake down the corner closest to the spear hole and clip my spear line to the stake.

Offline Mule Skinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2008, 02:46 PM »
I have one and love it. I love to spear and stay portable trying different pike waters . I just added an ice saw to my arsenal and I can't wait to try it out.

I tie my decoy off the same way the others mentioned. I'm sold on a big lively sucker but want to play around with a few wooden decoys this Winter.

Milty , where abouts in Mi. are ya from ?

I fish Jackson , Lenawee and Washtenaw Counties
I love the  smell of fresh Pike Slime in the morning.

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2008, 07:06 PM »
I use a Frabil Outback model, and my fishin partner has an IceCube.  I have shanty envy.  Mine can be a real pain.  Whoever thought telescoping poles with spring button locks was a good idea for a winter use unit was nuts, and I was even crazier to believe him.  As I found out last weekend trying to thaw the poles apart with a lighter (and a hammer)  But my partner was set up inside a minute and fishing.  And it broke down just as easy, and even fit back into the bag!!!  I was a bit leery because there was no floor, and it might be too bright, but I could see almost as well as in mine.  The light weight and portability is great as we do a lot of remote snowmachine /airplane access only fishing.  Next time, I'll get one of them, may be a while tho, might take some time to convince the wife I really NEED four shanties.
\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Offline milty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:36 AM »
I have one and love it. I love to spear and stay portable trying different pike waters . I just added an ice saw to my arsenal and I can't wait to try it out.

I tie my decoy off the same way the others mentioned. I'm sold on a big lively sucker but want to play around with a few wooden decoys this Winter.

Milty , where abouts in Mi. are ya from ?

I fish Jackson , Lenawee and Washtenaw Counties
  I am in Huron/tuscola county (thumb) right on the Saginaw bay.  All of our ice is totally screwed up now from Saturday and Sunday with 55+ degrees and 60+MPH winds.  Looks like it's going to be a while before I can get out.  I did receive the Icecube and it appears to be a real nice unit.  I have an ice saw also and it works really good up to 8"-10" any thing thicker than that and I use mt power auger.

Offline milty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:54 AM »
Well I had an opportunitiy over the holiday weekend to try out my new ICECUBE 4 and have to say I love it.  Set up and take down is real fast 1 minute or less 5 minute set up if you use the screw in ice spikes (which work very good).  Fishing in Huron county wildfowl bay and we saw 18 pike all of legal size and speared a 30", 2@ 32" and a 40-1/2" 15lbs female.  Wow what a fish.  Looking for a 45"+ which last season 4 were taken from that area.  Love the sport.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:12 AM »
pics we want pictures  8)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Way to go Milty!!!  Glad it worked out for you.

As far as staking the shack down, if the wind isn't blowing I stake down the corner under the door and the corner across the shack diagonally.  That seems to be more then enough.  If the wind is blowing I stake down all four corners and at least one of the guy lines.   

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I am new to the site and would like some feedback on the Eastman Icecube 4 for pike spearing.  I have been spearing for several years and have 2 permanent shanties but would like to be more mobil to try different areas for scouting puposes.  Has any one used one of these icecubes and do they darken out enough for good visibility?  Any info would help.  Thanks.
Milty, I use the eastman 2 man shanty for spearing and find plenty of room for the vex and cam stacked with a milk crate, a big hole and a nice comfy bucket/chair and the heater all with room to spare!!!

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:26 PM »
I'd like to join you there sometime. I bought my Ice Cube and all of the light weight equipment just for that reason.

Well I had an opportunitiy over the holiday weekend to try out my new ICECUBE 4 and have to say I love it.  Set up and take down is real fast 1 minute or less 5 minute set up if you use the screw in ice spikes (which work very good).  Fishing in Huron county wildfowl bay and we saw 18 pike all of legal size and speared a 30", 2@ 32" and a 40-1/2" 15lbs female.  Wow what a fish.  Looking for a 45"+ which last season 4 were taken from that area.  Love the sport.
Bruster

Offline uofmguy68

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2009, 02:32 PM »
anyone know where to order or pickup a eachman icecube 4? i seen one at a local chop for $249 but it seemed a lil steep for me.... i thought the going price was $199 or maybe a little less...

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2009, 08:15 AM »
Bruster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.